2015 tour discussion: in anticipation of the Queen's return to the stage.

Apples388

:lmao:

I love how people have these "gut feelings" based on nothing. I don't see why she wouldn't do Australia again at some point. To their credit they've considered it on the past 3 tours and even tried to negotiate something. The only reason she didn't go there with MDNA is because she decided she didn't want to keep touring because she was exhausted. It was almost locked in

Exactly :rotfl::chuckle::clap:

She will be playing South America.

I work for Artplan, that produces Rock in Rio, and for SFX, that produces huge events in Brasil, like Tomorrowland (2015).

Everytime Madonna is going to play here, she becomes "confidential material" for some people on all offices. She already is "confidential Material".

And, my head producer just told us, a week ago, to be ready for a very very very busy year.

She will be playing South America.

I work for Artplan, that produces Rock in Rio, and for SFX, that produces huge events in Brasil, like Tomorrowland (2015).

Everytime Madonna is going to play here, she becomes "confidential material" for some people on all offices. She already is "confidential Material".

And, my head producer just told us, a week ago, to be ready for a very very very busy year.

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March is starting to get a bit late for a stadium tour of Australia, given that the football season has already started and the weather in Sydney and especially Melbourne has really cooled down (and become unpredictable).

We already know she's going to SA, Idk why that's even a question. I truly think she is going to AU finally so AU fans, get ready!

Why is AU such a hard place to get to logistically? Is it how far it is?

I just don't understand.

Does anyone else think she might do less than 88 dates this time around...?

Guest Rachelle of London

Every other major artist goes to Oz and their tours don't make nowhere as much as Ms. She just needs to get her ass down there.

I have a feeling this will be her biggest tour yet in terms of number of dates.

I personally think she'll just do the biggest venues and less dates...but I'm all for more dates and an extra leg a la sticky and sweet.

I think M might do some less dates & perform in bigger places as well. I'm also thinking she might perform more consecutive nights in the biggest of US cities like she has done in the past & skip over some places in middle America.

I'm not sure what M will do in Europe. I wonder if in some cities she has performed too often recently(2008, 09, & 12). Hopefully her new album will be well liked by the public & the tour will be top notch, which creates more demand for tickets

She may follow a different route this time. Maybe Oceania first, then South America, then up to North America and then finally finish off in Europe. How do we feel about that?

Jan / Feb - Australia & Japan

March - South America

April / May - North America

BREAK

July / August - Europe and END

Y'know um.

?

I have a feeling this will be her biggest tour yet in terms of number of dates.

Me too

She could do a 150-gig run but she'd need to arrange more breaks for herself. You can't have a mere 7-day break between the European leg and the North American leg when you're on the road for 7 consecutive months :confused: I really hope she plans it in a way that's not going to leave her exhausted in the end.

There's a great general audience buzz for this new record and Madonna returning after a break is always welcomed by everyone, not just the hardcore fanbase. With a solid record, not necessarily a ROL, a couple of good videos and a handful of TV performances she can make a killing with her next tour.

They write articles dissecting her IG posts when "she's away" for goodness sake, imagine when she finally hits the world with new music! Her next tour will be the biggest, yet again. So happy she's kept such a military regime with her health because it is allowing her to do what she does with her body at her age.

The new generations and her peers can only wish to have that kind of stamina. In due time just watch her take over from U2 and RS in touring figures as well! Not that she has raked in that much less than they have in the same span of time, obviously the dinosaurs have to tour for years on end to get to their touring figures.

Guest Rachelle of London

Me too

She could do a 150-gig run but she'd need to arrange more breaks for herself. You can't have a mere 7-day break between the European leg and the North American leg when you're on the road for 7 consecutive months :confused: I really hope she plans it in a way that's not going to leave her exhausted in the end.

There's a great general audience buzz for this new record and Madonna returning after a break is always welcomed by everyone, not just the hardcore fanbase. With a solid record, not necessarily a ROL, a couple of good videos and a handful of TV performances she can make a killing with her next tour.

They write articles dissecting her IG posts when "she's away" for goodness sake, imagine when she finally hits the world with new music! Her next tour will be the biggest, yet again. So happy she's kept such a military regime with her health because it is allowing her to do what she does with her body at her age.

The new generations and her peers can only wish to have that kind of stamina. In due time just watch her take over from U2 and RS in touring figures as well! Not that she has raked in that much less than they have in the same span of time, obviously the dinosaurs have to tour for years on end to get to their touring figures.

:clap:

PREACH

She may follow a different route this time. Maybe Oceania first, then South America, then up to North America and then finally finish off in Europe. How do we feel about that?

March - South America

BREAK

Y'know um.

?

It would be nice for her to start in Australia and spend a lot of time there -- and maybe hit markets that she's never visited before, like New Zealand or South Korea.

But I feel like those poor fans will never get shows. She's always been so focused on the U.S. and western Europe... I'd be surprised if she does something majorly different after 30 years.

Guest Rachelle of London

Wouldn't it be great if she started in Oz, and spent a month there or at least a few weeks doing rehearsals

Guest bluejean

I want her to start in LA again so I have an excuse to go there. If she opens in Australia I will HAVE to fly home for THAT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eroticerotic

she seems to be in a 1992-95 state of mind! With the mythology (JPG Show/Versace/Japanese Commercial) and flapper themes (VMAs) S&M/Humor like the W magazine spread (Human Nature, Erotica), the paradise/wilderness (Sanctuary/Like A Virgin anniversary) to name a few examples. Also, house music and disco are trending again! wonder if her next tour will be what the Bedtime Stories Tour would have been if it ever materialized! Maybe we will finally get a video for Rescue Me too. Full circle before moving on :)

Edited by eroticerotic

• 2 weeks later...

she seems to be in a 1992-95 state of mind! With the mythology (JPG Show/Versace/Japanese Commercial) and flapper themes (VMAs) S&M/Humor like the W magazine spread (Human Nature, Erotica), the paradise/wilderness (Sanctuary/Like A Virgin anniversary) to name a few examples. Also, house music and disco are trending again! wonder if her next tour will be what the Bedtime Stories Tour would have been if it ever materialized! Maybe we will finally get a video for Rescue Me too. Full circle before moving on :)

Good ideas. I like them. I could be wrong about this but I have a feeling the next tour may feature a few more older songs and hits than her previous tours. Just a feeling I have. She has posted some nostalgic things on instagram and Arienne Phillips told Drowned Madonna, RIT was her favorite tour and commented to that fan that you like the hits! I do think that Madonna is more aware of some fan criticism than some people think.

I think it would be amazing if she could somehow combine singing a few more older better known songs but still have the amazing artistic visuals of the MDNA tour. I like RIT as far as the setlist and it was nice to hear her singing some of the older stuff that casual fans seem to really go crazy for but at the same time RIT was definitely not my favorite tour from a visual and conceptual point of view.

March - South America

BREAK

Y'know um.

?

That's a good idea, but that's if we hear something about the album soon, I can't really see her starting a tour so soon after the album release. I'm thinking maybe it will now be

May/June - North America

July/August - Europe

September / October - Asia, maybe South Africa and Middle East

November - Latin America

December - Australia/ New Zealand?

I think with ending in Australia is if she gets fed up midway during the tour, she can do a YouTube announcement about why she has end the tour early and not go Australia

That's a good idea, but that's if we hear something about the album soon, I can't really see her starting a tour so soon after the album release. I'm thinking maybe it will now be

May/June - North America

July/August - Europe

September / October - Asia, maybe South Africa and Middle East

November - Latin America

December - Australia/ New Zealand?

I think with ending in Australia is if she gets fed up midway during the tour, she can do a YouTube announcement about why she has end the tour early and not go Australia

She won't do Asia and then go back to South America and then back to Australia (since the region is known as "Australasia" for reasons of proximity!). She needs to do Australia before Latin America this time. Guy (as silent as he has now become...!) isn't stupid and knows that he has to ensure that Madonna tours Australia this time around. It's getting too late for them to start the show here (January/February is the latest she could do a stadium tour here and since she generally rehearses for 2-3 months before she goes on the road, she'd pretty much need to be close to finalising the show's concepts by this stage to make all of that happen, yet she still hasn't even completed the album).

So now that the album apparently won't come out before February or March, the tour schedule will obviously look very different to what we've been thinking before.

When and where do you think we can expect her to kick off the tour? Australia as an opener is out, I believe someone in the album thread elaborated that there are only two favourable times for artists to tour stadiums there, which is Janurary/February and November/December.

If she follows the same route like with MDNA, we know she'll be on the road by May. I hope she will wait til June or July for obvious reasons though. In any case, it will be either Europe again or the US where she'll go first.

So now that the album apparently won't come out before February or March, the tour schedule will obviously look very different to what we've been thinking before.

When and where do you think we can expect her to kick off the tour? Australia as an opener is out, I believe someone in the album thread elaborated that there are only two favourable times for artists to tour stadiums there, which is Janurary/February and November/December.

If she follows the same route like with MDNA, we know she'll be on the road by May. I hope she will wait til June or July for obvious reasons though. In any case, it will be either Europe again or the US where she'll go first.

I'd say it will be pretty close to the schedule of MDNA. Since I live in Europe, I hope I can see her in July or August, especially if she wants to do open-air concerts. On the other hand I'm rooting for a tour starting in August like S&S, so she has some time to promote the new album.

My ideal schedule would look like this:

LEG 1:

August (2nd half) - September: Europe

October - November: North & South America (only a couple of South American dates)

BREAK

LEG 2:

February (2nd half): Australia

March: Asia

BREAK

LEG 3:

May (2nd half) - June: Europe

The second European leg can be skipped.

But she will probably do something like this:

May (2nd half) - August: Europe

August - October: North & South America

November: Asia

December: Australia (or she moves this leg to January/February)

I say we are going to get another short era unfortunately.

That was me :) Unless she plans to play arenas in Australia (extremely unlikely), then if the album's not being released until the northern spring, we won't see her here in Australia until November/December.

I'm with you Carta, if she does Australia, I would expect November 2015 - a full 22 years between tours and still a big "if" - I'm expecting to be in London in June or July 2015 at this stage

I don't think I'm going to be able to travel next June/July, so she'd better come here this time....!!! I'll have to play it by ear and see how things pan out.

I'd say it will be pretty close to the schedule of MDNA.

I think you're right.

However, I think Madonna will do much fewer cities in Europe this time around and skip South America all together in favour of Japan, South East Asia and Australia.

I'm thinking about 30 shows in North America, 15-20 shows in Europe, 4-6 shows in Japan, 4-6 shows in South East Asia and 8-10 shows in Australia.