Turned my heart into a cage, a victim of a kind of rage

karbatal

I love American Life. It's an album that is incredibly especial for me, i can identify with loads of songs, and i think that most people can too. It's a process that we all pass sooner or later, when we discover/decide that some parts of our life are wrong and we have to change, and if we stay "xtatic" we can't.

The Love Profusion we feel, when we discover that love is the answer so many times, because when you are loved and you love, things fit into place and we feel better with ourselves. It's the same message with Intervention or Nothing Fails. With Nothing Fails, Madonna explained the "secret" that she had explained years ago, that happiness lies in our own hands, and that we can't be controlled by what surrounds us. Because we can't change reality, we can change how we feel towards reality.

Xtatic Process is my favourite song because it has so many things captured in just 3 minutes, how we can get lost in toxic love (for a mother, father, partner) and we change ourselves to make that person happy, we adjust and in fact we have to be ourselves and be loved by what we really are. "And in the process i forgot that i was special too".

Mother and Father has such powerful lines. "Turned my heart in to a cage" always goes like a dart in my brain. So many times it happens with so many people. And when that happens, we don't let anybody in, even though we think we allow love to flow, we are building barriers all the time.

For me, this is one of finest moments in Madonna's career. The end of a process that started with ROL, and continued with Music and ended with American Life. No wonder the next album was different, and from then on she is different, at least in my opinion.

One of her greatest albums!

Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Intervention, X-static Process, Mother and Father - all brilliant!

I think Intervention is one of the best love songs EVER.

so true!

I got to save my baby
Because he makes me cry
I got to make him happy
I got to teach him how to fly
I want to take him higher
Way up like a bird in the sky
I got to calm him down now
I want to save his life
And I know that love will change us forever
And I know that love will keep us together
And I know, I know
There is nothing to fear
And I know that love
Will take us away from here
Sometimes it's such a pleasure
Sometimes I wanna tear it all down
It's easy to be lazy
And hard to go away from the crowd
I know the road looks lonely
But that's just Satan's game
And either way my baby
We'll never be the same
And I know, I know
There is nothing to fear
And I know that love
In the blink of an eye everything could change
Say hello to your life now your living
This is it from now on
It's a brand new day
It was time to wake up from this dream (from this dream)
I know the road looks lonely
But that's just Satan's game
And either way my baby
You'll never be the same
And I know, I know
There is nothing to fear
And I know that love

I love it too.

Xtatic process is amazing but since it's the only non mirwais song so i cut it out and make it a IGTTYAS extra.

Maybe just me but 1 producer / 1album

Would have been awesome if she was all English countrysidedonna a and said "here's a teaser for the new album" and then fucked us all in the ass with Hung Up

AL can never get enough appreciation! Mother And Father is one of my favourites of that album, yes we know it's not the new LAP like it was supposed to be according to the rumours back then (which might explain why people were eventually disappointed with that song), but it's perfect! And don't get me started on Intervention, it might be my favourite Madonna song ever :inlove:

Guest Not4Pussies

my all time favorite album after Ray Of Light

its loud and stiff but it has an emotional core

the production is ace

and it contains my number one favorite madonna song ever, X-Static Process

I recall i used to play it on vinyl a lot a the time. The cd was a bit "flat" and vinyl had such strong bass that always worked perfectly. For example the ending of Nothing Fails is even more dramatic, the same with Mother and Father.

Yes, and Hollywood, that for me is a bit "flat" produced (gorgeus, but lacks a bit of strenght)

However, Confessions in vinyl sounds weird. The same with Hard Candy (too much distorssion from Timbaland). MDNA sounds superb too!

Everyone!

Of course it all depends on your turntable. Mine is the one i had as a kid. If you buy a cheap one maybe the sound is not so great.

But mine being an original 80s one, means that it has a plastic that covers the vinyl while it's playing. And that plastic works like a resonance box, that makes the bass play harder.

Before it was remastered, Like a Virgin sounded a bit "metallic" on cd, but on vinyl it sounded much more alive.

But it may be just my turntable.

Yes, any moment it will stop working haha. It's weird that it lasts so much, i played it all the time as kid. But as my big brother always was afraid that i would break it, i used it so respectfully... I never ever touched the needle.

It's more or less like this. This is the cover i talk about. I guess some new ones have it too

TOCADISCOS-UHER-PS930-ELECTRONIC-AUTO-TU

Guest Not4Pussies

I love this album so much, and so many of the songs make me cry

Me too! Last time I listened to the album I just started crying.

I listened to that AOL broadcast so much that I still sometimes hear that goddamn male voice randomly saying "AOL first listen" during the songs. :americanlife:

:lol: I still have the CD somewhere with those files. I was playing it non-stop before the album release.

How can we forget the "Hi this is Madonna, wtf do you think you're doing?"

my fave Madonna's album, and to think that when it was released i did not like it at first listen and i suggested to my sister not to buy it ( she wanted to) saying the music did not even sound like Madonna's :lol:

very quickly i did change my mind and it is now my favorite from her releases.

I listened to that AOL broadcast so much that I still sometimes hear that goddamn male voice randomly saying "AOL first listen" during the songs. :americanlife:

:rotfl:

I GOTTA GIVE IT UUUUUUUPPPPP!!!

I love American Life's juxtaposition, really harsh electronic beats paired with warm lyrics. Any flack the album gets is beyond me; its definitely interesting/ unexpected/ fresh/ different from a lot of dance-pop records. Madonna clearly did exactly what she wanted to do, musically. Don't get me started in those videos (they're some of her best). :wow:

Top 4 M Albums, for sure!

my all time favorite album after Ray Of Light

the production is ace

Listening and admiring that song right now. So heartfelt.

the production is ace

:kiss2: