Madonna and Moroder. Hollywood Express

karbatal

The original version is so bland and kinda insipid :( and it's a pity, because Madonna saved the song from the Music sessions because she wasn't satisfied and told him Mirwais to rework and redo and rework... sadly, the magic touch came AFTER the song was released. Had she saved the song for COADF and released the remix after Hung Up and we are talking serious SHIT!

No babes, I don't mean the original American Life LP version, I mean the original version of the "Hollywood Express" remix that you just posted but with Madonna's vocals and not that generic woman.

But I disagree with you karby - I think "Hollywood" can only ever be on American Life (don't forget that it was originally the title-track of the album!) The lyrical theme does not fit with Confessions on a Dance Floor at all, which was essentially a very care-free dance album, except for some of the tracks towards the end, which explored more spiritual themes rather than the anti-materialistic and anti-American modern culture theme of "Hollywood," which can only ever fit on the American Life album.

I love it too, for months the vinyl was displayed in my living room.

I know that the theme of the song fits perfectly with AL, but the song is so powerful and in that folky version is so poor... and Confessions is not as care free as it seems.

Oh, Confessions...

But I disagree with you karby - I think "Hollywood" can only ever be on American Life (don't forget that it was originally the title-track of the album!) The lyrical theme does not fit with Confessions on a Dance Floor at all, which was essentially a very care-free dance album, except for some of the tracks towards the end, which explored more spiritual themes rather than the anti-materialistic and anti-American modern culture theme of "Hollywood," which can only ever fit on the American Life album.

I disagree. "Confessions" moves towards darker, more introspective songs towards the end of the album -- hence the "Confessions" part of the album title. I think karbatal is right in thinking that "Hollywood Express" or something similar would have fit in nicely, especially if placed somewhere after "Jump."

Guest bluejean

Well actually it was probably the Stuart Price remix of Hollywood that lead her to work with him on a full album.

And I do love Hollywood in general. I'm not a huge fan of the other remixes which are pretty bland. But THIS unofficial one sounds great!

Some gays only like Madonna's music when it sounds like a popper sniffing soundtrack.

This is an ace mix! Was the Madonna version released, and if so, where can it be found?

The Madonna version is floating around on the internet, but Madonna didn't approve it for release, so the official release of the mash-up features someone else's vocals

It wasn't release, i recall at the time that somebody post it here at Madonnanation or Dot Refugees and i downloaded it. I love it. If nobody has the mp3, i will find my old compilations and will upload it here in the new year.