Big shifts in Live Nation! Oseary to take over the day-to-day management of U2

Nikki

After all it's business. And around Confessions (a time when the record industry was healthier than today and record sales were relatively stable) she didn't have a 360 with LN. But she does now. And lets not forget that this contract was heavily questioned by all kinds of people in- and outside the industry about the profitablity for LN. Paying 120 million for a signature of a someone older than 50. An age you are supposed to be dead in the music industry. I think this put a lot of pressure on Madonna to prove she was really worth it. And therefore worked her ass off. I would like to believe that LN already got its investment back or is to break even. And this halfway through the duration of the contract. Keep in mind they already made 70 million from S&S and MDNA. Not including the percentage they get from merchandising and the side projects like perfume, fashion, advertising. I would like to think she was working so hard and pushing through with all the projects to reach that point where no one could say she wasn't worth it and she fullfilled her obligations completely. This will give her an immense amount of freedom. And as everone should know already, freedom is what she is all about.

After all it's business. And around Confessions (a time when the record industry was healthier than today and record sales were relatively stable) she didn't have a 360 with LN. But she does now. And lets not forget that this contract was heavily questioned by all kinds of people in- and outside the industry about the profitablity for LN. Paying 120 million for a signature of a someone older than 50. An age you are supposed to be dead in the music industry. I think this put a lot of pressure on Madonna to prove she was really worth it. And therefore worked her ass off. I would like to believe that LN already got its investment back or is to break even. And this halfway through the duration of the contract. Keep in mind they already made 70 million from S&S and MDNA. Not including the percentage they get from merchandising and the side projects like perfume, fashion, advertising. I would like to think she was working so hard and pushing through with all the projects to reach that point where no one could say she wasn't worth it and she fullfilled her obligations completely. This will give her an immense amount of freedom. And as everone should know already, freedom is what she is all about.

Wow never considered that. You raise a really good point! I can picture M thinking exactly that.

Great post!

Her successes the past five years have sort of erased the fact that there was major skepticism about her profitability when she first signed. Only half way through the contract and already she's proved the naysayers wrong.......again.