Falling Free...

karbatal

I don't know why, but I always think of Falling Free as Mer Girl II, even though they don't have that much in common. But they share that Madonna spirit that she showed for the first time in Secret Garden and from then on he have seen in several albums.

I love just how we know much more about Madonna listening to those songs than reading all the interviews from each era. To me:

1. Secret Garden: Madonna is lost and trying to find herself, and she at least have that secret place where she can rest.

2. Mer Girl: she's still fighting against all those childhood issues that haunt her.

3. Easy Ride: she's taken the difficult path, but knows that her happiness depends on it.

4. Like it or Not: she knows she has to compromise herself more to be on top, but she wants to be faithful to herself.

5. Falling Free: she seems she's falling and has nothing to hold her. She feels lost and will find a way to survive.

One of my favourite tracks of MDNA. I think it would have worked as (an unexpected) lead single.

I don't know why, but I always think of Falling Free as Mer Girl II, even though they don't have that much in common. But they share that Madonna spirit that she showed for the first time in Secret Garden and from then on he have seen in several albums.

I love just how we know much more about Madonna listening to those songs than reading all the interviews from each era. To me:

1. Secret Garden: Madonna is lost and trying to find herself, and she at least have that secret place where she can rest.

2. Mer Girl: she's still fighting against all those childhood issues that haunt her.

3. Easy Ride: she's taken the difficult path, but knows that her happiness depends on it.

4. Like it or Not: she knows she has to compromise herself more to be on top, but she wants to be faithful to herself.

5. Falling Free: she seems she's falling and has nothing to hold her. She feels lost and will find a way to survive.

Good song but I don't see the connection between all those gorgeous M tracks...at all.

Good song but I don't see the connection between all those gorgeous M tracks...at all.

Really? Am I the one who thinks FF is one of those very personal and intimate Madonna songs that she gives now and then and usually are at the end of the album?

This might not be correct but my interpretation of Falling free is that it is possibly about the positive and beautiful parts of her marriage. Then the last verse about both being free to go is accepting that it is now over. It is a beautiful song.

Really? Am I the one who thinks FF is one of those very personal and intimate Madonna songs that she gives now and then and usually are at the end of the album?

Yes, I also think it is one of those intimate songs. She needs to make more ballads, more songs like this where the passion is so evident.

I think Falling Free is about letting go and not being in control or needy. "Freedom comes when you learn to let go." from The Power of Goodbye.

When you let go you can see whether your love is real or not. It's not forced. I think the sad tone of the ending is the realization that it wasn't real or what she thought it was.

This might not be correct but my interpretation of Falling free is that it is possibly about the positive and beautiful parts of her marriage. Then the last verse about both being free to go is accepting that it is now over. It is a beautiful song.

I think it's about that weird place one can be in with regards to a close intimate relationship. Wherein one feels so blissfully happy and right within itself while knowing it's bad for you. To me, the lyrics reference how comfortable and happy she was, but how that meant that she suffered as an artist. Or maybe thats just my projection having been in that situation myself.

Guest Not4Pussies

to me Falling Free is about finally letting go of the pain, anger, etc of her marriage. to finally be at peace with herself and to most importantly forgive.

One of my favourite tracks of MDNA. I think it would have worked as (an unexpected) lead single.

I agree!! This song is incredible and I really wish it had been a single.I want the world to hear Madonna do something else,other than a dance single.If this had been a single,it would have taken ALOT of people by surprise.

I would include Take a Bow, Gone and Voices in your nice recap. The latter's production is terrible but the song ain't bad. Take a Bow we know is not a deeply personal song for her but it's still all drama.

And if you want to round up the MOOD, you can even throw in I Want You (orchestral version) - the closing track to Something to Remember.

Mmmm need to make myself a new Madge playlist now.

I would include Take a Bow, Gone and Voices in your nice recap. The latter's production is terrible but the song ain't bad. Take a Bow we know is not a deeply personal song for her but it's still all drama.

And if you want to round up the MOOD, you can even throw in I Want You (orchestral version) - the closing track to Something to Remember.

Mmmm need to make myself a new Madge playlist now.

I love Gone more than TAB.