BLOND AMBITION remaster on youtube

Kim

I bought the Blond Ambition Tour digital clone promo disc from the seller on eBay. It's labelled similar to my Sticky and Sweet digital clone DVD in house promo from WB. It looks and sounds legit, however when I tried to rip it onto my computer it had the interlacing issues I've had with other DVDs of that preHD era.

If it's a "digital clone" would that be a copy protection issue or just a file formatting one? If I can get the problem fixed I can "remaster" it myself, right?

• 2 months later...

^ Wow that's great! And it doesn't have that strange "zoomed in" look that you often get with widescreen conversions. I wish Madonna would milk the fans more and release products like this for purchase.

Guest SecretGarden

Thanks for sharing Kim.

What an outstanding show, probably the most influential in pop history. The MDNA tour was the only tour in recent history to even come close to displaying similar showmanship, which proves that Madonna is the only one that still has the full package.

It's only a 480p upload so will prob look a bit crap on fullscreen

Did they ever post the final part in 720? I know they once posted like the first 2 or 3, which I downloaded..., i'm just missing everything after the Dick Tracy segment :(

This looks and sounds sooooo much better. I have the digital clone WB dvd, and also have a rip from my own laserdisc, and this is what I've hoped it would/could look like.

Did they ever post the final part in 720? I know they once posted like the first 2 or 3, which I downloaded..., i'm just missing everything after the Dick Tracy segment :(

Naw, the uploads skipped to the full thing.

This looks and sounds sooooo much better. I have the digital clone WB dvd, and also have a rip from my own laserdisc, and this is what I've hoped it would/could look like.

Ryan, what's the pic quality like on the WB DVD? You'd expect that to be reference quality I imagine. Is there much difference between that and your LD rip? And is it native PAL or converted NTSC? I notice a huge diff in quality between my PAL laserdisk rip and the NTSC DVD rips that are floating around.

Ryan, what's the pic quality like on the WB DVD? You'd expect that to be reference quality I imagine. Is there much difference between that and your LD rip? And is it native PAL or converted NTSC? I notice a huge diff in quality between my PAL laserdisk rip and the NTSC DVD rips that are floating around.

Its about on par with the LD rip, a little bit better, but definitely for reference.

I definitely had to adjust the picture to get rid of the halo effect, and I'm almost certain WB just

ripped the LD as well because the begin/end credits are the same. No audio post-production either.

I'm not surprised Madonna hasn't pushed to release this tour through WB, but I also can't believe she lost track of the TOD Paris footage, either.

oh, and of course its NTSC. :abuse:

For me, any hopes of getting this released properly were lost when the TOD Blu Ray didn't include any extras. I mean why not convert LAP and HP from

the VHS special edition?

haven't we had this concert since 1990?

it's a 480p video that was adjusted to 16:9 video ratio by cutting portions of the original video at the top and bottom

what's so special about it?

Its about on par with the LD rip, a little bit better, but definitely for reference.

I definitely had to adjust the picture to get rid of the halo effect, and I'm almost certain WB just

ripped the LD as well because the begin/end credits are the same. No audio post-production either.

I'm not surprised Madonna hasn't pushed to release this tour through WB, but I also can't believe she lost track of the TOD Paris footage, either.

oh, and of course its NTSC. :abuse:

For me, any hopes of getting this released properly were lost when the TOD Blu Ray didn't include any extras. I mean why not convert LAP and HP from

the VHS special edition?

The whole thing's such a mess. I've long since resigned myself to the fact that the Paris footage will probably never see the light of day. But even this Nice concert - track down all the original camera tapes, re-cut it if need be, digitally master it, grade the colour to how it should look. Find the original audio tracks and mix it properly. Do SOMETHING with one of the most iconic concert tours of all time and get it out there!

haven't we had this concert since 1990?

it's a 480p video that was adjusted to 16:9 video ratio by cutting portions of the original video at the top and bottom

what's so special about it?

I can spot/hear loads of little differences compared to my own laserdisk rip.

I can spot/hear loads of little differences compared to my own laserdisk rip.

The picture has been color adjusted, which leads to quality loss for the very nature of the digital processing

On the other hand portions of the video have been cut off at the top and bottom to create the 16:9 video ratio effect.

We've discussed all this in the thread. The original colour timing was off, with a heavy yellow cast over the picture and a halo effect caused by the stage being overlit for the broadcast. The general show itself was not overly bright or infused with yellow light. That new vid goes some way to rectifying that.

At not one point does it look as though the widescreen ratio is alien or cramped or too "zoomed in" In fact, it looks just right. That process does obviously degrade the picture however. So it would be even better quality in 4:3 no doubt.

Every other youtube vid of that show looks, and in particular sounds, dreadful.

Was anyone able to rip the audio from that new full upload in as high as quality as possible?

Don't you know how to do that yet?

Get a conversion software and set it to WAV or AAC, some even have AIFF settings now too.

Just rip the video from YouTube in the highest quality setting, and convert it to an audio file.

In the case of older or less quality recordings, I take the audio file into garage band or Logic Pro and layer it 2-4 times, adjusting vocals, instrumentation, etc. to fill out the sound.

It's tedious, but it works and I can adjust it for headphones since it's primarily how I listen to it.

The whole thing's such a mess. I've long since resigned myself to the fact that the Paris footage will probably never see the light of day. But even this Nice concert - track down all the original camera tapes, re-cut it if need be, digitally master it, grade the colour to how it should look. Find the original audio tracks and mix it properly. Do SOMETHING with one of the most iconic concert tours of all time and get it out there!

I have the LD from both Japan and Nice, and the difference in lighting is remarkable. For all of its stiffness in choreography and dull audience shots, the Japan show would need little post work. But Nice is of course the most iconic show, next to the Paris footage. I just can't believe that after all this time Alek Keshiahian hasn't made an edit of the Paris shows. I don't think or believe that Miramax holds ALL the footage, and if they do, it's not like Madonna has a bad relationship with Weinstein.

This remaster of Nice is definitely the best we could hope. And the sound mix has been done much better and balanced. You can even hear Donna in Like A Prayer now. ;-)

Just watched the first minute of this tour for like the billionth time. When M appears, does her little dance, goes down the stairs. UH! That's all I need, I'm set for the day. Perfection. It's really the only time I feel using this emoticon is warranted.. :bow: M in that pinstripe suit w/ monocle.