I'm really feelin' this right now...

acko

Feeling the song or feeling that something's coming over you? Or feeling that your baby has a secret and he's a father? Or feeling like walking in a ghetto with furs? Or maybe feeling like baptizing again?

This performance is everything. One of my all time favorites and one of the highlights from the tour.

The composition of this version is stunning. I love the prominence of the guitars, the way how well M and D&N's vocals blend together, just perfect.

Thanks for reminding me how fantastic this perf was!

This performance is everything. One of my all time favorites and one of the highlights from the tour.

The composition of this version is stunning. I love the prominence of the guitars, the way how well M and D&N's vocals blend together, just perfect.

Thanks for reminding me how fantastic this perf was!

I know, I'm a huge fan of the record, but I love this arrangement as well...it works well 4 the lyrics :inlove:

I think it did not captured the soulfulness of the live rendition well on dvd. I remember being completly moved when she did it in Paris.

I guess I agree, I was nailed 2 the floor in Paris :wow:

it actually sounded really good when she did a bit of it during the Sticky Theater Extravaganza.

I didn't even mind the "ooooooh ooh" instead of the "mmmmm mmm"

thanks for this...

i remember seeing once on youtube her and monte playing the music with their guitars backstage somewhere....it was wonderful.....

has someone this clip? cause i don't find it anymore

thanks for this...

i remember seeing once on youtube her and monte playing the music with their guitars backstage somewhere....it was wonderful.....

has someone this clip? cause i don't find it anymore

http://youtu.be/x7n7_l3nwxI

You can try this ... it's just a segment from the pre-show/backstage footage aired on HBO before the broadcast. So, if this disappears from YouTube, just search for something with those keywords. There are some interviews with the dancers and such.

(oh, and LOVE "Secret," and this live version is beautiful and moving! thanks for the reminder, acko!)

One of my all time favourite Madonna songs. I love it. Great performance one of the only performances of the dreadful DWT that I can sit through. This tour was a missed opportunity IMO it could have been so much better

Also, this is the song before which she apologized publicly to Kevin Costner at one of the shows, right? Was that LA?

PS -- so sad that they filmed the pre-show stuff in NYC, but the actual show in Detroit, because the hair was so much better in NYC, and more representative of the hairstyle of that era. Toward the end, the hair was pre-Amber (of Swept Away) -- even though she was trying to make it Bowie-esque in the show opening, I prefer the hair in the clip above. (Although, I guess I don't mind the hair at the end of the show during "Music." Looks okay there. It should have looked nice during Lo Que..., LIB, and Holiday, but she had some unfortunate lighting situations and the crazy fly-away when she threw the hat off during Holiday. lol. You know what, though? I do love how real that filming is, in that sense. I love DWT, its darkness, drama, and theatricality. I do appreciate that the recording of it isn't overly polished. (Not that I'm going to hate on CT and MDNA recordings, 'cuz those are great, too.)

http://youtu.be/x7n7_l3nwxI

You can try this ... it's just a segment from the pre-show/backstage footage aired on HBO before the broadcast. So, if this disappears from YouTube, just search for something with those keywords. There are some interviews with the dancers and such.

(oh, and LOVE "Secret," and this live version is beautiful and moving! thanks for the reminder, acko!)

:smooch:

this!!!!!

many thanks