Proof of what great composers M&W. Orbit&Joe Henry are

elijah

Every time Madonna includes a Joe Henry song on her album, it ends up being my most favorite song on the album. I wish the two would work on a full album together. It may not be commercially accepted, but I'm betting it would be a fantastic sounding album with some great vocals on Madonna's part.

Wow!

After listening to this I think this might fit well in the LAV/LS section.

I agree with Neutrocks. She should do an album with Joe henry tracks, all of them. It will be nice for a concept album.

Every time Madonna includes a Joe Henry song on her album, it ends up being my most favorite song on the album. I wish the two would work on a full album together. It may not be commercially accepted, but I'm betting it would be a fantastic sounding album with some great vocals on Madonna's part.

THIS! For the next album please!

And then the kids are talking about Appals? When we have THIS GORGEOUSNESS... Even the not so liked MDNA album is levels above the so call younger pop princesses...

THIS! For the next album please!

I think it's been shared before here -- an interview with Joe Henry insinuated that he envisions a future album like that... He said she just has to be ready for it. Hinting that he's totally up for it, she just has to be willing to go in that direction -- because it probably would not be a radio-friendly type of sound. I know a lot of folks say that's what they want from Madonna anyway -- to NOT chase the chart-success anymore and just follow her sonic instincts ... and then, perhaps, lightning will strike anyway and it will be a miraculous hit. I'm not precluding that possibility, just paraphrasing what Joe Henry said -- that he's up for it, but she has to be ready for it. And I'm filling in the blanks a little bit on what that might mean, because it likely would be less pop than her usual efforts. But look at Ray of Light, too -- it was less pop, and yet it was popular and critically acclaimed and still had some pop sensibility, with heavy dashes of experimentation, too ("Mer Girl" and "Shanti/Ashtangi" for example).

I think it's been shared before here -- an interview with Joe Henry insinuated that he envisions a future album like that... He said she just has to be ready for it. Hinting that he's totally up for it, she just has to be willing to go in that direction -- because it probably would not be a radio-friendly type of sound. I know a lot of folks say that's what they want from Madonna anyway -- to NOT chase the chart-success anymore and just follow her sonic instincts ... and then, perhaps, lightning will strike anyway and it will be a miraculous hit. I'm not precluding that possibility, just paraphrasing what Joe Henry said -- that he's up for it, but she has to be ready for it. And I'm filling in the blanks a little bit on what that might mean, because it likely would be less pop than her usual efforts. But look at Ray of Light, too -- it was less pop, and yet it was popular and critically acclaimed and still had some pop sensibility, with heavy dashes of experimentation, too ("Mer Girl" and "Shanti/Ashtangi" for example).

Totally agree about Ray of Light. Let's cross our fingers! :tigger:

Here's the exact quote, Mat. Guy -- sorry I don't have the exact source (taken from a Madonna fan site, but I do recall this being in a respectable publication of some sort):

What about producing an album for Madonna?

Don’t think we haven’t talked about it. When she’s ready to make that shift, it’s easily done. I think it’s just a matter of her getting to the point creatively where she is completely at peace with swimming in different water. I believe we’ll get there. And I’ll be terribly excited about it when it happens.

Here's the exact quote, Mat. Guy -- sorry I don't have the exact source (taken from a Madonna fan site, but I do recall this being in a respectable publication of some sort):

Don’t think we haven’t talked about it. When she’s ready to make that shift, it’s easily done. I think it’s just a matter of her getting to the point creatively where she is completely at peace with swimming in different water. I believe we’ll get there. And I’ll be terribly excited about it when it happens.

Oh my lord... Godonna needs to hear our prayers; I think she's there! This is the time to swim in different water. She's being very inspired since last year and I just know the next album will be a killer! Hope she didn't forget her talk with her brother-in-law!

Thank you peter!

She should do it. She doesn't need a massive radio hit to have another massive album. All she needs is positive word of mouth and for it to click with a more adult audience outside of her normal gay base. That being said its mostly adults that buy albums these days so she should go for it instead of trying to appeal to the kiddies.

And who knows. Maybe it could become so big that it very well could cross over to top 40 radio. I am sure Adele never thought in a million years her music would be played on top 40 radio in America.

^ Yeah, so funny -- when i was reading your post, Skin, I was thinking "Adele" before you actually mentioned her. Not that I'm saying Madonna should follow Adele's pattern or mimic her sound (and I don't think that's what you're saying, either)... Just saying your point about the popularity of an album is well said.

Love the piano variation. I agree with almost every post in this thread. I also loved that "underwater synth" piano rendition of "Get Together" from a few years ago. It really brought out the melody.

Make a full return to beautiful, uncomplicated music, M. Pianos, strings, and organic sounding instruments.

In my opinion, her last 6 albums have been trilogies stylistically:

RAY OF LIGHT/MUSIC/AMERICAN LIFE

COADF/Hard Candy/MDNA

I think she will have a completely new sound with her next album...probably more in line with the first trilogy.

I have wanted a Joe Henry album since Guilty by Association...

Guest Pud Whacker

WHO? WHO?

dont waste readers time!!!

xo

"Falling Free" should have been a single! It's the most beautiful song on the album and it features some outstanding vocals by Madonna.The world has heard enough of her dance music,they need to be reminded that she can also do fantastic ballads.

That gave me chills. Falling Free is a great song. The melody is just amazing. And Orbit's production surrounds it with wonderfully lush atmosphere. More of this, less GGW for the next album, M!

I agree!! I want more stuff like this for the next album.

"Falling Free" should have been a single! It's the most beautiful song on the album and it features some outstanding vocals by Madonna.The world has heard enough of her dance music,they need to be reminded that she can also do fantastic ballads.

I worry that M feels people expect her to put out ballads, so she won't. She put out ballads in the past when people were expecting her to be poppy and or raunchy, so perhaps in the wake of MDNA, the guns and GGW, we might get one. But I think she thinks people will think (that's a lot of thinking) that she is "growing old gracefully"