Which Madonna album have you GROWN to love?

johnnox

Music took me the longest to get into. I always loved a few songs on it though, like Music, Nobody's Perfect, and Don't Tell Me.

Bedtime Stories took me a little while, but I always loved the last half of the album.

Erotica and Music. At first i really didn't liked them but after a few listens i started to ADORE them. Music is now my all time favorite, i don't understand why i didn't liked it immediately.

Erotica. Just because at the time when I first heard it 2000 - I just couldn't get over how dated the production sounded. But now I love everything about it (except Bye Bye Baby - which I just can't get into)

Erotica. Although I did like it when it was first released, it took me a while to love it like I loved the previous albums. Now, of course I appreciate it more and more every time I listen to it. I think it was because it was such a departure from her previous music.

Hard Candy

It was a long struggle, but I'm happy to announce that we're working out our differences. I never loved it and I don't think I will ever love it. But we've talked and HC is ok with it. I started to appreciate it more and that's enough for both of us at the moment...

Madonna (debut). When I was younger I was really into the new Madonna, but as I've become older and gotten to know a lot more about Madonna (her beginnings, her struggles, etc.),I've really grown to appreciate the simplicity and raw ambition of this album. I hear it and can't help but think: what a badass 24-year old :fag:

this

Madonna, I liked it when it came out but over the years I became amazed at how awesome is her debut album.

I've always loved it, but I have to say the last 5 years or so, it's been bumped up to second on my list of favorite Madonna albums. It sounds fresher and fresher as the years go on. What I love about this album is that without even trying, it became probably the most influential and ground breaking album of her career......THIS became the sound of the future, especially for women in pop (for better or worse). While she was certainly ambitious and brave in her choice of sounds later in her career, ROL, Music etc seems a lot more calculated in trying to be the "sound of the future". (I don't mean for that to sound like a bad thing either). This first album was just thrown out there one day and seemingly effortlessly became the most influential pop album by a female artist ever. She made the sound of the future without even trying..

Hard Candy

It was a long struggle, but I'm happy to announce that we're working out our differences. I never loved it and I don't think I will ever love it. But we've talked and HC is ok with it. I started to appreciate it more and that's enough for both of us at the moment...

LOL so tell us How did HC make you feel? What about it have you accepted and what would you never accept? :p

Hard Candy

Lol I hope to get to this stage with MDNA one day.

BEDTIME STORIES

I was utterly bored listening to it for quite some time. BUT ALL of the songs are actually extremely beautifully done and the album is very cohesive and strong.

Bedtime Stories. I'm not really big on "smooth" R&B sounds but I really like the messages she put across in this album.

Some really great songs too, it's slowly crept up to my top 5.

I'm so shocked about how often Confessions has shown up on people's lists. I assumed it was universally loved by M fans. I've rarely read a bad word said about it on this site. It's a classic pop album for me and a classic Madonna album also. Bedtime Stories is another suprise, I'd love to hear people's reasoning on that one. Everyone has mentioned the album but only a few have actually explained why. It's easily in my top 3 and has remained there since 1994 but I've always felt it was too short and lacking something but could never put my finger on exactly what. When the demos started leaking i became amazed that such strong tracks like Let Down Your Guard and Your Honesty were scrapped from the project. She could have easily made a 14 track banging rnb/dance record that would have pleased more people, considering that's what the whole core of the project was, to get Madonna back on the charts again and back in favor with the public.

Loved reading the love for her debut. I never realized that that album really was the future of music and changed the way women were perceived in music whilst paving the way for them. Madonna has achieved this several more times in her career, most notably with her next three records and singles like Vogue and Justify My Love. Then there have been records that singular artists have been inspired by like Erotica which both Janet Jackson and Kylie Minogue were inspired by with things like the Janet and Velvet Rope album and Kylie's Where is The Feeling and Confide in Me. Then there was obviously Ray of Light which had a massive impact on the music scene for women with the likes of Cher and Kylie embarking on comebacks piggybacking off Madonna's success. She really brought pop and dance music back to the charts in 1998.

I'm Breathless took me forever to get into but that was only because i was a child and had never heard that sort of music. She kind of tricked us with that one with Vogue being it's first single and all. I assume a lot of the general public assumed we were getting an album of Vogue's with a few Dick Tracey tracks thrown in.

I remember listening to I'm breathless thinking..eh and have never really paid it much time of day since.

I've usually been blown away with all the albums when they were released.

If I'm honest, there was so much hype and praise about confessions when it was released I thought it was a bit to basic and boring...silly me.

Same for MDNA still not that keen on gimme and hated GGW when I first heard it....nowadays I'm like why did MDNA flop so bad but that's been discussed to death...

Like A Virgin.

I always liked the singles,but I didn't think the rest of the album was very strong.But in recent years,I have begun to enjoy the album as a whole.

Erotica. I played it to death ever since it came out, but I didn't truly come to appreciate it until a few years ago.

And in light of her recent work, I've grown to appreciate Music and American Life much more.

Erotica. I played it to death ever since it came out, but I didn't truly come to appreciate it until a few years ago.

And in light of her recent work, I've grown to appreciate Music and American Life much more.

Mirwais is an invaluable contributor.