Did you see The Virgin Tour live?

Apples388

Virgin Tour attendees - hands up!   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you go and see The Virgin Tour live?

• Yes
    • No

Boy George and Marilyn saw it and she didn't invite them to the wedding :lol:

Well those two weren't even at her own level of fame at the time (or ever)

They couldn't hold their own next to Cher and Tommygirl

Besides that wedding was kind of drama-infused enough without Boy George's contribution :chuckle:

I saw The Virgin Tour @ the New Haven Colliseum in CT. It has been torn down.

I am curious about the pre-show atmosphere at the time, in the age of no golden circles, internet and so on. Saw it for the first time on a VHS that I bought when I was 17 in 2000 and I thought she was beautiful, sexy and so raw

Loved the songs, her voice and I thought she can't be real, singing and dancing so gracefully at the same time. So cool and seemingly effortless. Gambler, Dress You Up and Everybody were my fav. I would have loved to watch her performing Burning Up but I can't find a recording of that

I bet the anticipation for that tour must have been/felt amazing. She seems so otherwordly on video and then you go and see her and she's standing there in the flesh, in front of you. Yet you still feel you're in awe of an otherworldly presence

Guest bluejean

Well those two weren't even at her own level of fame at the time (or ever)

They couldn't hold their own next to Cher and Tommygirl

Besides that wedding was kind of drama-infused enough without Boy George's contribution :chuckle:

Well I was joking actually. Although I did think Boy George was on par fame wise as Madonna for a short moment in the 80's? Especially in the UK. Didn't he hit it big before her?

• 4 weeks later...

Vet Stadium,Spectrum,JFK Stadium

veterans-stadium-the-spectrum-jfk-stadium-1971-philadelphia-sports.jpg

All gone. :(/>

It's sad when old venues we love go away, Have they built new venues there in place of those 3? I saw M in Philly for RIT, it was another arena but it think it was next to those above.

If I could do back in time to see one M show it would be the Virgin Tour

My mom was 4 months pregnant with me when she attended the Virgin Tour :D/>

Now that's a hardcore fan, attending the Virgin Tour before you even were born...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was joking actually. Although I did think Boy George was on par fame wise as Madonna for a short moment in the 80's? Especially in the UK. Didn't he hit it big before her?

Boy George was actually WAY bigger than Madonna when the VT started.

Here are the pics I took with my cheap camera. I was 14 years old when i experienced the awesomeness.

Loved her ever since... :horn:

virg1.jpg

virg2.jpg

Gemini you lucky lucky bitch lol. Thanks for sharing. I didn't become a fan until it hit VHS and I watched THE HELL out of it. WTG was my first.

You lucky bitch again. Great photos!

hahaha thanks Sloane. I misplaced those pics for years...and just found the a couple years back .what a thrill.

I had crappy stadium seats for WTG tour....had ok floors for girlie show.