The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

So there will be a tiny bit of TV "promo" as entertainment news outlets will run bits of their interview with the Queen.

Yes. Random tv interviews in 3 minute length. That's it. At least it's something. :dazed:

So there will be a tiny bit of TV "promo" as entertainment news outlets will run bits of their interview with the Queen.

How non-traditional! Guy Oseary is such a genius. :rolleyes:

I'm betting that she has some big things planned for the week of March 26,but we don't know about it yet.It's hard for me to believe that she's gonna just sit back and do no promotion during the week that her new album is released.

Will she finally premiere a look/theme for the MDNA era?

you haven't seen those sexy pics that were released yesterday? Those are HOT! Especially the one where she has her finger in her mouth :clap: I think this IS the look/theme for this era.

you haven't seen those sexy pics that were released yesterday? Those are HOT! Especially the one where she has her finger in her mouth :clap: I think this IS the look/theme for this era.

I agree! I love this new pics! I just was expecting a theme for the era like she always does... but it seems there isn't one defined. For a brief period i thought she was embracing the cheerleader theme but that have passed already... imagine she giving interviews in a cheerleader outfit! :lol:

Well since we get another clip today...who's listening? Who's not listening? What does everyone think of the clips? As a marketing strategy? Guesses on what it'll be today?

i want to hear IM A SINNER

I DONT GIVE A

FALLING FREE

omg so many! Ill be listening!

1hr 40 min !! I think we might just get Falling Free buti had the feeling yesterday we'd get TUTR one of these days this week. Hopefully I'm wrong cause these clips are the ONLY thing holding me off from jumping off a cliff!

Well since we get another clip today...who's listening? Who's not listening? What does everyone think of the clips? As a marketing strategy? Guesses on what it'll be today?

TUTR would be great. I can't wait for Falling Free but i want to hear the FULL track at first and not only a snippet.

I want I'm a Sinner or Falling Free... I want Orbit tracks... All the others are not great sofar... I looooooooooooooooove the Orbit tracks much more than the others: Love Spent and Gang Bang are my favs!!!

I want I'm a Sinner or Falling Free... I want Orbit tracks... All the others are not great sofar... I looooooooooooooooove the Orbit tracks much more than the others: Love Spent and Gang Bang are my favs!!!

I have to agree that I DON'T want to hear Falling Free until I have it in full so I hope it's not today's clip.

So it is confirmed that WO co-produced Gang Bang with Demolition crew? Does anything think he oversaw the full album and gave it little tweaks here and there?

I remember reading a review that said that every song was very WO, even the non-Orbit tracks but tbh, that was the only. Everyone else was very distinct and specific about the way the album shifted with producers and sounds.

Anyhow, Love Spent & Gang Bang are my favorites as of now too, Masterpiece 2nd with Superstar and GGW tieing in at 3rd GMAYL I don't count and TUTR seems to repetitive but I'll reserve my opinion until I hear it in full.

Didnt Mika said he wrote GANG BANG with Orbit? So even if it is not produced by him in the end, it is written by him... So I count it as his track... As for the other songs sounding like Orbit, I must say I totally disagree. Orbit tracks have always had some depth, which I do not see in Martins... I m quite disappointed in Solveigs works because I actually like some of his songs in the past. Obviouslly he can be added to the producers like Timberland, in which she didnt bring the best of... In Orbit I think she does, eventhough his Music tracks werent as great as the ROL ones... Maybe he wanted to proove himself to M again with this album so that she uses him again for her next album? The perfect next album? Done with Leonard, Orbit and Price :).

Sky- Madonna's pretty much done exactly that in the past. I mean, whoop-dee-ddoo, she did a couple record signings during Music's first week; and that mini-concert aired on the Walmart network or whatever during the week COADF was released. When ROL was released, she had no appearances/performances that first week.There was other promo around that time, though (i.e. MTV). And let's not forget Hard Candy- no release-week performances either (televised, anyhow).

Madonna's always been one of the more lax in terms of album promotion. Of course, a tour is promotion, but that comes later.

Universal Australia has announced today that MDNA will be officially released here on Friday March 23rd, NOT Monday the 26th as previously indicated. I'm guessing that there was concern that music stores here wouldn't be able to comply with the March 26th embargo and would sell the CD as soon as they received the stock on the 23rd, so they decided to make it the official release date (since all new product is released here on a Friday). This will mean that Australia and New Zealand will be the first countries in the world to see the official release of the album :thumbsup: It's a shame that I'll be at work all day..... :(

8 days, 8 hours and counting.... :)

MDNA will be relased on March 23 in Germany too! I can't wait :D

Sky- Madonna's pretty much done exactly that in the past. I mean, whoop-dee-ddoo, she did a couple record signings during Music's first week; and that mini-concert aired on the Walmart network or whatever during the week COADF was released. When ROL was released, she had no appearances/performances that first week.There was other promo around that time, though (i.e. MTV). And let's not forget Hard Candy- no release-week performances either (televised, anyhow).

Madonna's always been one of the more lax in terms of album promotion. Of course, a tour is promotion, but that comes later.

Exactly. I don't get all the hoopla of her not doing much promo at the release of an album when it's only been this past decade, she's started doing some promo tours and more appearances here and there. Sounds to me she's letting her album speak for itself as she did with her earlier albums. Much of the 80's and 90's, it was a rarity for her to show up anywhere on TV. In a way, it still is the same. If you look back, even in this past decade, a lot of her guest appearances on Late Night was not usually coincided with a music release... it was either a film or her children's books.

Let's not also forget, no matter if it isn't successful... a music video is promo work as well. And she's done two videos so far for... uh... two singles, so far. And yes, the tour is promotion as well. To say she isn't doing anything is ridiculous when she's working her ass off, putting one hell of a show together. I rather her do that than hop around television wasting her time when she could be preparing for a tour.

Exactly. I don't get all the hoopla of her not doing much promo at the release of an album when it's only been this past decade, she's started doing some promo tours and more appearances here and there. Sounds to me she's letting her album speak for itself as she did with her earlier albums. Much of the 80's and 90's, it was a rarity for her to show up anywhere on TV. In a way, it still is the same. If you look back, even in this past decade, a lot of her guest appearances on Late Night was not usually coincided with a music release... it was either a film or her children's books.

Let's not also forget, no matter if it isn't successful... a music video is promo work as well. And she's done two videos so far for... uh... two singles, so far. And yes, the tour is promotion as well. To say she isn't doing anything is ridiculous when she's working her ass off, putting one hell of a show together. I rather her do that than hop around television wasting her time when she could be preparing for a tour.

AMEN!

Just like any proper Madonna loon I would LOVE for her to be everywhere too! I appreciate even the smallest Madonna mentions on TV etc. However, I just shelled out $800 to see this ho in a few months so bitch better deliver!! :lol: And I know she will....but a "Madonna caliber" show doesn't happen while she's fucking off talking about single motherhood, Material Girls with a 2 minute blurb about her music tacked onto the end. It's practically 2 months until the show kicks off so I'm sure there is LOTS for her to do!

M's done more promo tours outside the USA for her albums in the past decade. In the USA, the odd appearance/performance was a big deal, because unlike some others, she's not everywhere you turn pimping her latest music.