Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

I think doing a rock album would be a huge mistake and a big flop for Madonna.

Imagine a rockier version of AL? A total flop. R&R was not a sucsess by any means. Her rock songs have always sucked and have sounded very forced and unnatural. Candy Parfume Girl in my oppinion is the worst song on ROL. Her earliest "rocksounding" songs are not worth mentioning...

All in all, this sounds doesnt suit her. She is no Arvil Lavine (yaiksssssssss) or Green Day (thank god). She ll be laughed at if she does a teen punk trash music that only American likes (which would most probably be the result).

And last, that album would totally alienate her fans. Not a single one have been a die hard fan because of any of her rock songs.

We find as cute 1 or 2 songs max in a tour MADE INTO rock songs, but can we imagine all songs sounding like this????? It will sucks.

What she has to do is write solid pop songs with Patrick Leonard and then take them to a underground dance producer. Maybe find new things to sing about that she really feels strongly about. Thats it.

HUSH child.. :sassy:

And here we go with Pat Leonard and the underground producer chorus. :lol:

EVERY ALBUM :lmao:

Madonna's attitude and the way she approaches her work always had been very rock-n-roll, unquestionably. And, like said, I enjoyed the tracks using rock guitar on ROL- something along those lines would be great.

Exactly! It's as simple as that. Madonna is a ROCK star who has always made pop/dance music (which is a subgenre of rock and roll anyways) but who likes to incorporate different genres into her brand of pop/dance. Madonna has never made an album that wasn't true to her dance roots, no matter what genre she may be experimenting with at the time.

I've always considered Madonna every bit the rock star Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler is but her music isn't "conventional" rock and roll like theirs. Everything else about her certainly is though. Rock and roll is a state of mind as much as a style of music IMO and Madonna has the rock and roll thing DOWN.

I think doing a rock album would be a huge mistake and a big flop for Madonna.

Imagine a rockier version of AL? A total flop. R&R was not a sucsess by any means. Her rock songs have always sucked and have sounded very forced and unnatural. Candy Parfume Girl in my oppinion is the worst song on ROL. Her earliest "rocksounding" songs are not worth mentioning...

All in all, this sounds doesnt suit her. She is no Arvil Lavine (yaiksssssssss) or Green Day (thank god). She ll be laughed at if she does a teen punk trash music that only American likes (which would most probably be the result).

And last, that album would totally alienate her fans. Not a single one have been a die hard fan because of any of her rock songs.

We find as cute 1 or 2 songs max in a tour MADE INTO rock songs, but can we imagine all songs sounding like this????? It will sucks.

What she has to do is write solid pop songs with Patrick Leonard and then take them to a underground dance producer. Maybe find new things to sing about that she really feels strongly about. Thats it.

Her masterpiece "Like A Prayer" is rock , so I don't know what the hell are you talking about

Guest nothingfails0603
Think Madonna has always had a natural leaning towards rock more than any other genre IMHO...some her most critically acclaimed work has been rock...Like a Prayer and Ray of Light...I'd love to hear her making some futuristic rock music. When Madonna makes rock music she's at her dirtiest and most creative...which is never a bad thing. No American Life flashbacks though thank you please.

Good call. I think some people hear "rock" and automatically picture Madonna doing her best Joan Jett impersonation, but like you point out, LAP and ROL were more rock-oriented (in ROL's case, it was when alt-rock was still fairly popular and I knew people who were alternative fans that fell in love with Frozen) than her other works, but yet they weren't so overtly rock that it would alienate the average M fan.

Guest nothingfails0603

Exactly! It's as simple as that. Madonna is a ROCK star who has always made pop/dance music (which is a subgenre of rock and roll anyways) but who likes to incorporate different genres into her brand of pop/dance. Madonna has never made an album that wasn't true to her dance roots, no matter what genre she may be experimenting with at the time.

I've always considered Madonna every bit the rock star Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler is but her music isn't "conventional" rock and roll like theirs. Everything else about her certainly is though. Rock and roll is a state of mind as much as a style of music IMO and Madonna has the rock and roll thing DOWN.

I agree 200%

I remember there was a lot of controversy when Madonna was inducted into the HOF because she's always made pop music. But IMO, when you look at the way Madonna played the game, she did it like a rock star would. Madonna's spirit and her balls were total rock n' roll, she just made pop/dance music. That's what separates her from a lot of other female pop stars that will likely never get inducted. I think same applies with Tina Turner who is in the HOF and is regarded as a rock goddess, but if you really listen to her music, she's always been more pop/r&b than full-on rock, even songs like The Best or Better Be Good To Me that were so-called "rockers" for her were truly pop songs at heart... but it's the way Tina delivered her songs and played the game that made people take her seriously as a female rocker.

I would LOVE for Madonna to do a record with a rock sound to it. Charts and sales be damned! I'm tired of fluffy pop songs from Madonna. Madonna should give us something that rivals the best acts of all time, not just Mariah, Beyonce, Britney blah blah blah. An album to stand next to the "GREATS". Aretha Franklin, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Patti Smith, etc etc. It's high time Madonna stop hiding behind the "dance" flag and gave us something that kicks ass. It's been over 20 years since she gave us "Like A Prayer". It's time for her to knock our socks off again.

Guest Not4Pussies

I would LOVE for Madonna to do a record with a rock sound to it. Charts and sales be damned! I'm tired of fluffy pop songs from Madonna. Madonna should give us something that rivals the best acts of all time, not just Mariah, Beyonce, Britney blah blah blah. An album to stand next to the "GREATS". Aretha Franklin, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Patti Smith, etc etc. It's high time Madonna stop hiding behind the "dance" flag and gave us something that kicks ass. It's been over 20 years since she gave us "Like A Prayer". It's time for her to knock our socks off again.

email exactly what u just posted to livenation, liz rosenberg. tweet it to guy oseary!! asap!! lol

I guess we all agree to disagree. There never seems to be a new Madonna topic about something new she’s doing that doesn’t get examined from every conceivable angle from fans to outright disillusioned people who missed the Madonna of whenever – I just would like to feel like everyone is excited for the new album – instead of anticipating a Janet Jackson size disappointment.

I guess we all agree to disagree. There never seems to be a new Madonna topic about something new she’s doing that doesn’t get examined from every conceivable angle from fans to outright disillusioned people who missed the Madonna of whenever – I just would like to feel like everyone is excited for the new album – instead of anticipating a Janet Jackson size disappointment.

:bow::clap:

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't think that will ever happen because she'll always have touring to fall back on and Europe will always champion her

And that's before OMG PEOPLE THOUGHT SHE WAS BLACK going back to her Hard Candy roots :lol:

Well really if she incorporated a lot of rock and roll into her sound with the next album, I don't think it would sound as straight up rock and roll as her pre-fame songs. Still though, since those days she hasn't really heavily incorporated rock into her songs (like say in the way she incorporated electronica into ROL) so really, if this rumor turns out to be true (which I'm sure it won't anyways) then she REALLY is going back to her roots, her true beginnings as a musician. Really before she knew the whole singing gig would work out for her.

Once she got a record deal though and got herself out there, her sound drastically changed from those Breakfast Club and Emmy songs. The Madonna album pretty much was the way R&B sounded in those days, hers of course had a little more of the traditional pop/dance sound (the only sound she's really been true to for her whole career as a signed artist). Being that HC had a heavy 80's/R&B vibe going on which hadn't happened since the first album, for many it had the "going back to her roots" feel. Most people consider the Madonna album the VERY beginning for her since it was her first album.

See, Madonna has 2 roots she can go back to! :)

I agree 200%

I remember there was a lot of controversy when Madonna was inducted into the HOF because she's always made pop music. But IMO, when you look at the way Madonna played the game, she did it like a rock star would. Madonna's spirit and her balls were total rock n' roll, she just made pop/dance music. That's what separates her from a lot of other female pop stars that will likely never get inducted. I think same applies with Tina Turner who is in the HOF and is regarded as a rock goddess, but if you really listen to her music, she's always been more pop/r&b than full-on rock, even songs like The Best or Better Be Good To Me that were so-called "rockers" for her were truly pop songs at heart... but it's the way Tina delivered her songs and played the game that made people take her seriously as a female rocker.

:thumbsup:

YES YES YES!!

Guest sanctuary

+ 1000000000000000000

she needs a classic album, and rock is classic!!!!

Exactly! :thumbsup:

As many of us said it before M has to go back to work with Pat. I miss her melodic pop songs like 'Who's That Girl', 'Like A Prayer', 'La Isla Bonita' etc. They are so classic and epic. Get a grip M!

Even though I would love a rock influenced album, I think an electronic direction could also work, if it's something interesting and creative, and not just typical commercial house dancefloor stuff. Maybe some kind of trip hop influenced sound. Electronic music is a broad catergory so there is more to it than the typical Britney/Kylie/ Lady Gaga type of sound. If she could find something more underground in electronica, I think that would be amazing too. Dance/electronica doesn't have to be fluffy.

what if there's no rock sound whatsoever on the new album? :lol: we'll all have to start praising fluff dance again :lol:

A good number of Madonna's classics are "fluff dance". Hung Up, ITG, Vogue, Music, Holiday etc.....all of those are pretty "fluffy". So if the new stuff were "fluffy" and turned out anything like those classics then absolutely I would be praising it! :)

When did LAP and ROL become rock records??

the day these rock rumors started :lol:

when the r'n'b sound was announced for Hard Candy, M was the first woman of black disco and now she's the founder of Led Zeppelin all of a sudden :lol:

Whatever floats the excuse boat :lol:

:clap:

NUFF WITH THE FLUFF!

BACK TO HIGH QUALITY, MATURITY AND ORIGINALITY!

Even though I would love a rock influenced album, I think an electronic direction could also work, if it's something interesting and creative, and not just typical commercial house dancefloor stuff. Maybe some kind of trip hop influenced sound. Electronic music is a broad catergory so there is more to it than the typical Britney/Kylie/ Lady Gaga type of sound. If she could find something more underground in electronica, I think that would be amazing too. Dance/electronica doesn't have to be fluffy.

This could also be an option. She could actually combine a rockier sound with electronica/triphop/indie type of... that would be cool!

As long as the fluff goes away i'm happy and enough at trying to follow in the Pop princesses steps also.

Why should she? She's Madonna, she's so above them! She should do her own thing again.

I want the inspired Madonna back!

I don't really consider them rock either. But I think people are using rock to mean songs with guitars and regular drums that are melody based as opposed to electronic dance music done with programming that is rhythm based. As opposed to music like Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins or Metallica with pounding drums, big guitar solo and screaming vocals.

I don't really consider them rock either. But I think people are using rock to mean songs with guitars and regular drums that are melody based as opposed to electronic dance music done with programming that is rhythm based. As opposed to music like Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins or Metallica with pounding drums, big guitar solo and screaming vocals.

Gayest definition ever :lol:

Guest nothingfails0603

I think LAP is a rock-oriented song, much like Janet's Black Cat or MJ's Beat It or Dirty Diana.