New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Madonna: Get ready to 'Celebrate' with new single

From Examiner.com

It Hurts sound freaking fantastic! And I am still stoked about hearing Celebrate. Hopefully when that French radios tation plays it, we'll get an HQ rip.

Well, as one progresses even more past 40, it's even tougher to get airplay on a regular basis. Radio didn't instantly forgive Glitter- remember, she had Charmbracelet to get through before the Emancipation album- plus, yeah, she was younger, too, and she makes more radio-friendly music than M (and she has the urban airplay adventage, too).

Someone mentioned that quality doesn't matter, but for someone like Madonna, it may. AL was not her best work, and she probably is held to a higher standard than most, because it's *Madonna* after all. That album left a bad taste in the mouths of many, and couple that with her age, it's just tougher for her at radio.

On a side note, right now, I'm listening to Hard Candy, and I like "Heartbeat," butit is utterly ridiculous for her to utter lines like "See my booty get down." lol

Wasn't 'It Hurts' one of the rumored tracks from HC? I remember posting a review that turned out to be fake (written by a lamb) that included a track by that name...perhaps it's a leftover from the HC sessions?

All I can say is, I am glad I live in the UK where we get to hear Madonna and they give her airplay time.

Age does matter here too sometimes - Phil Collins and Status Quo were furious when they were dropped from the Radio one playlist and only Radio Two would play them but because Madonna stays current with her sound, they keep playing her. It did drop during the AL period though. I just think the album didn't have a great sound for the radio. After Hollywood, there was very little airplay but Hung Up changed all that again.

Really looking forward to the new single though. Everything seems so much more positive than last year. She looks fitter, happier and seems more committed now. Celebrate! :headbang:

I have yet to hear Mariah's new single on Radio One though.

ITS VERY SIMPLE - NO MUSIC VIDEO? - CELEBRATE SINGLE IS A SURE FLOP! GUARANTEED!!!100%

I have to agree with that... :dramatic:

It's so amazing living in Montreal for Madonna fans..she's huge here and they play all her music all the time and her new music is played like any other hot artists today it's like 1989 over here. Love that! Can't wait to hear it!!!

Here is the 'leaked' tracklisting from http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index.php...09951&st=20

The tracklisting has leaked.

Disk 1

Holiday

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Oh Father

Vogue

Hanky Panky

Erotica

Bad Girl

Disk 2

This Used To Be My Playground

Secret

Take A Bow

Human Nature

You Must Love Me

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Nothing Really Matters

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hollywood

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Give It To Me

NEW SONG: Celebrate

NEW SONG: Revolver

^Very true. Plus, Too many head-scratchers from this supposed tracklisting.

What would TUTBMP be doing following the Erotica tracks, if it's chronological?

Every True Blue single? Fishy.

I know she (or whoever) may not be thinking commercial standpoitn at all times, but "Bad Girl"? "Hanky Panky"? Even the great "Oh Father"?

NRM over TPOG from the ROL album?

Just one track from the debut?

Exactly.

Where are Lucky Star, Borderline, Deeper and Deeper, and Rain???

And how about I'll Remember and You'll See?

I guess you can't include everything... but still.

Only a fan could comeup with such a dumb tracklisting. Totally fake.

And why do people constantly post Examiner.com articles, when it's been shown they come straight from the deluded mind of phillymonster?? :wacko:

GHv2 had some odd choices in terms of hits, but incision of tracks like BStory and HN and not TUTBMP, IR and YS could be explaiend away as some of the ballad hits had appeared on STR. This is a career-spanning collection, so I doubt there'd be any major funky inclusions and omissions. Granted, I can see her putting "Human Nature" on there. But, including the original version wouldn't mean she'd need a Parental Advisory sticker- BS didn't have one, correct?

Yeah, that track listing is fake. I've seen it posted elsewhere. It's been mentioned it was fake as well. And the fact "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" being left off is a big dead give away. Those two songs got her into the top ten. The inclusion of "Bad Girl", "Oh Father", "Nothing Really Matters", and "Hollywood" also are dead give aways. Hardly huge hits when there are other songs that could be included that were bigger successes such as "Causing A Commotion", "Keep It Together" and "Rain".

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Where are Lucky Star, Borderline, Deeper and Deeper, and Rain???

And how about I'll Remember and You'll See?

I guess you can't include everything... but still.

Especially if shit like Hanky Stanky is replacing them.

Indeed. Including something like HP over a Borderline or LS- uh uh.

Like said, M sometimes makes non-commercial decisions (releasing OF, BS, HN as singles), the whole handling of the GHV2 project- but she and her people aren't that daft.