The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

I really thought she was back in the UK to do some TV and stuff but no, sucha waste! Not surprised the album fell but hoping it'll get back inside the top ten in a few weeks nearer to Christmas!

Guest Danny86

Sales

SINGLES

292845 Cheryl Cole :dramatic:

121744 Alexandra Burke

47027 Chipmunk

46449 Robbie Williams

44604 Whitney Houston

31053 Taio Cruz (6)

29463 Black Eyed Peas (7)

28201 Jay-Z / Alicia Keys (8)

27741 Michael Buble (9)

26134 Young Soul Rebels (10)

9962 Christina Aguilera (25)

ALBUMS

132065 Alexandra Burke

78005 Michael Buble

51632 Whitney Houston

21770 Seasick Steve

19574 Paolo Nutini

18763 Fleetwood Mac (6)

17065 Spandau Ballet (7)

15840 Chipmunk (8)

14097 Paloma Faith (9)

13825 Vera Lynn (10)

12470 Madonna (14)

1154 Christina Aguilera [GHs] (148)

Shakira's massive drop proves one hit single cannot sell an album these days.

Guest stevejb4u

Most of those albums in the top 10 are being heavily advertised.

Surprised Robbie's sales are holding up so well.

What's Celebration's total to date - has it even cleared 200k yet?

Celebration the single or album ???

Celebration the single is not even at 100k yet, 96.645k.

Celebration the album is at 187.620k poor sales of just over 12k last week is slowing it down hitting that 200k but next week i'd say no prob.

Edited by stevejb4u

Guest nikolakisgreece

Guys any info for this weeks album sales?

Im going to buy Michael Jacksons This is it from the local HMV in Leicester

I hope Cheryl will stuck in number 2 !

I hate her album and she does not deserve to go number 1 !

obviously too overrated and too overpromoted !

The Official UK Albums Chart

1 N 1 Cheryl Cole 3 Words

2 2 2 Michael Buble Crazy Love

3 N 1 Michael Jackson This Is It

4 1 2 Alexandra Burke Overcome

5 N 1 The Soldiers Coming Home

6 3 2 Whitney Houston I Look To You

7 N 1 Katherine Jenkins Believe

8 5 22 Paolo Nutini Sunny Side Up

9 15 21 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D.

10 6 44 Fleetwood Mac The Very Best Of

24 14 6 Madonna Celebration

38 28 3 Shakira She Wolf

1 Cheryl Cole

2 Westlife :chuckle:

3 Jay Sean

4 Alexandra Burke

5 Michael Bublé

Top 10

Black Eyed Peas

Top 15

Biffy Clyro

Miley Cyrus

Top 20

Tinchy Stryder

Top 30

Duck Sauce

Lady GaGa [bad Romance]:wow:

Daughtry

And might I just add the Michael Bublé has passed me by up to now but having seen him on the X Factor and thinking he was quite cute, and than having seen him on Graham Norton last night, I'm now finding him incredibly hot - I reckon he'd be a right dirty fucker in bed :horny:

So what's the excuse this week :lmao:

Another couple of weeks and she will be out of the top 40. Hardly surprising, she can't be bothered to promote the album so why should people bother to buy it. I haven't seen it advertised on tv for at least 3 weeks. Did she really think a few half arsed interviews was going to send sales rocketing? She really is starting to loose it. The X Factor has proved that if you can be bothered to promote your product you can shift decent amounts. She obviously thinks she is above promotion and her name alone will sell her product.

Even in 1990 when she was at the top of her game she did promo for TIC. That said, I haven't bought this shit due to the shoddiness of it all and I've advised friends who are casual fans to avoid it so perhaps the word of mouth is spreading on how it's really not worth it.

Even in 1990 when she was at the top of her game she did promo for TIC. That said, I haven't bought this shit due to the shoddiness of it all and I've advised friends who are casual fans to avoid it so perhaps the word of mouth is spreading on how it's really not worth it.

She really is starting to tarnish her name. Even her hardcore fans are losing interest in her. To think a few years ago after AL she thought her career was over, pushed the panic button and went for damage control.

If she doesn't do the X Factor and try and gather some interest in the album it will be in the bargin bins in January. FLOP ALBUM.

Guest Danny86
Did she really think a few half arsed interviews was going to send sales rocketing?

Don't you ever get bored of repeating yourself? When did Madonna ever remotely IMPLY that she wanted her sales to be rocketing?! You make it seem Madonna is living in some kinda bubble where people tell her she's the best selling artist ever and she does not have to lift her finger anymore, but it's not true, she said it herself that the record business is not the same anymore, she is WELL AWARE of how things are going.

She earned more than enough this year even before the GH came out and no matter the amount of promo, she can't make a profit out of this GH even remotely near to that of the tour. It should ONLY be an issue for us fans if Madonna was literally begging people to buy her music but nobody was (not even 150k in a month) and she was about to be dropped. Which is FAR from the case, she has one of the highest paid contracts in the business!

She really is starting to tarnish her name. Even her hardcore fans are losing interest in her. To think a few years ago after AL she thought her career was over, pushed the panic button and went for damage control.

If she doesn't do the X Factor and try and gather some interest in the album it will be in the bargin bins in January. FLOP ALBUM.

All that only matters for fans who are only fans because of her "name" and those who make fun of Kylie flopping.

It is absolutely delusional to think Celebration selling what is selling is hurting her career in any possible way.

Oh I think the bargain bins come January is a CERTAINTY.

Don't you ever get bored of repeating yourself? When did Madonna ever remotely IMPLY that she wanted her sales to be rocketing?! You make it seem Madonna is living in some kinda bubble where people tell her she's the best selling artist ever and she does not have to lift her finger anymore, but it's not true, she said it herself that the record business is not the same anymore, she is WELL AWARE of how things are going.

She earned more than enough this year even before the GH came out and no matter the amount of promo, she can't make a profit out of this GH even remotely near to that of the tour. It should ONLY be an issue for us fans if Madonna was literally begging people to buy her music but nobody was (not even 150k in a month) and she was about to be dropped. Which is FAR from the case, she has one of the highest paid contracts in the business!

All that only matters for fans who are only fans because of her "name" and those who make fun of Kylie flopping.

It is absolutely delusional to think Celebration selling what is selling is hurting her career in any possible way.

:megamanson:

Is Madonna delusional for not whoring herself out on every show to sell a 1,000 more copies of an album that has just spent weeks at number one and is the number one album in the world at the moment?

Or are her fans delusional for thinking that a Greatest Hits collection in 2009 is going to be some sort of blockbuster seller?

Anybody who HONESTLY thinks that Celebration falling (as expected after a month) down any of the world's charts at this point is tarnishing her reputation NEEDS a SERIOUS reality check. It is SOOOOO NOT that serious.....lol. I mean are you for real with this stuff? What are people outraged "OMG...Madonna didn't promote Celebration. It's falling down the charts. I hate her now." SERIOUSLY??? Is that how it goes?? Does anybody honestly think that way?? :blink:

Guest Danny86

Um, in the Rolling Stone interview perhaps? :blink:

You mean?

RS: How important are hit songs to you?

Madonna: Well... It's important, I'm not going to lie. I want my music to be accessible and reach people all around the world.

This does NOT equal "I Want My New Compilation Of Old Songs To Fly Off The Shelves Because They Are All Hits And I'm Sure It'll Be One Of My Best Selling Albums".

The relevant quote for this is:

RS: Is it a bittersweet feeling, parting with Warner Bros. after spending your entire career there?

Madonna: I don't know. The record business as we know it doesn't exist anymore. The way people make, market and sell music is so different now. It's just natural evolution. In many ways, it's better, because kids have the chance now to get themselves out there without the middle man and all the bureaucracy and administrative bullshit that you have to endure. On the other hand, there isn't somebody nurturing these kids along. I don't know what the solution is. I'm sure it will all come around full circle again. It just feels like time to move on. I'm OK with it.

If it was up to Madonna, Celebration would not exist. So why are we making it like she's crying herself into sleep because it's not a multiple-week #1 like TIC?

2 Westlife :chuckle:

:evil:

Will they EVER fuck off? :voodoo: I had hoped the success of the Daughtry version would spoil their sales a bit.

What is keeping them afloat, apart from the obvious X Factor? They can't have the same fanbase as they did 10 years ago. It must be the granny market, but then they wouldn't know how to download.

Guest Danny86

She may not be Mariah but sales matter to her, don't kid yourself.

It's definitely not me who's kidding themselves in this thread. Of course Madonna cares about sales and that's why she makes accessible pop music, but I'm pretty sure she could not care less that a greatest hits is selling less than AL, HC, GHV2 and Ultimate Flop.

She also won't care that her next album will sell less than all of the above, even if she DOES attend X-Factor because she realizes sales are not the same anymore no matter what. She WILL care if her new single sells less than "Celebration" though, I guess.

@Queen Bitch

Could you please once explain why you keep visiting this forum? Coming across your snide remarks and comments about M has become really TIRESOME. I'm sure there are loads of LG forums out there for you to hang out 24/7 and glorify YOUR "queen of pop".