BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

Guest Johnkm

^^ Billboard counts shows up to the end of November, so her shows in December wont be counted, thats all the South American dates, the last North Amercain date is November 26th in Miami

Using the average it would be about $385 million, but thats an overestimate

Yeah, that is a pretty big overestimate. Her U.S. shows are mostly in arenas, so the Boxscores will be lower per venue than these European stadiums, and the Latin America leg is only 13 shows (all stadiums) - less than the 17 in Europe (and probably likely to gross a little less due to exchange rates).

Still, I am fucking impressed with her numbers, and this tour will be a HUGE financial success when all is said and done. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that is a pretty big overestimate. Her U.S. shows are mostly in arenas, so the Boxscores will be lower per venue than these European stadiums, and the Latin America leg is only 13 shows (all stadiums) - less than the 17 in Europe (and probably likely to gross a little less due to exchange rates).

Still, I am fucking impressed with her numbers, and this tour will be a HUGE financial success when all is said and done. :thumbsup:

Probably between $250-$280 million will be more accurate.

Guest boytoyville

AMAZING Boxscores! The most profitable touring artist in the industry. The draw she has & a the prices she has is unreal.

The 4 dates in Buenos Aires and the 3 in Sao Paulo will probably top that. Maybe even the 2 dates in Mexico?

You have to keep in mind that tickets in South America are cheaper(especially in Argentina, top priced ticket is 210 dollars).

Argentine media reported that the first 2 shows in Buenos Aires grossed 10,000,000 dollars so i'm guessing the total gross for the 4 shows in Argentina is going to be very close to 20,000,000.

You have to keep in mind that tickets in South America are cheaper(especially in Argentina, top priced ticket is 210 dollars).

Argentine media reported that the first 2 shows in Buenos Aires grossed 10,000,000 dollars so i'm guessing the total gross for the 4 shows in Argentina is going to be very close to 20,000,000.

๋I agree ticket's price is important factor.

Anybody know the average ticket's price of north america leg higher or lower than european leg ?

Edited by nahedum

Guest boytoyville

^ higher People where complaining about the Uk tix being 160lbs or 280 dollars but do they not understand that in the states we are paying 350 dollars for what would be cheap golden circle tix and many 350 dollar tix are in the back portions of some of these North American arenas. i for one don't care & will pay the price but I can't handle people complain about the price of Euro tix when really it's a better deal.

Amazing numbers!!! The detractors will be disappointed, since they have nothing to bash Madonna for today :)

Regarding the ticket prices, London aside, I agree that the European prices are a better deal than the US ones.

She didn't visit Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland? Why? :(

if we start thinking about it, then japan australia and a lot of places must be remembered too.Anyway, i think that one of the successess of her paris´shows was that there was people from eberywhere, including the places you have mentioned

Guest FrozenLight

Amazing numbers and the gross is incredible. I'm especially impressed with the Paris/Vienna/Zurich grosses. I think based on ratio of groos versus attendance Vienna would be the highest gross

Live Nation really couldn't ask for more. The only thing I could think of is they should have put the Seville show on sale in early June or so...and they should have chosen another location in the UK instead of Cardiff (somewhere in Scotland)

Guest FrozenLight

What's interesting is to see that a number of reports shown on the news contradict the real number of attendance.

I remember when she was in Nice they French media was saying she sold 49K, in the UK some reports said she sold 40K in Cardiff (some others even mentiond 60K), in Dusseldorf they said 38K and Frankfurt 50K

This raises an interesting point in that, as we've established, a sellout is pre-determined by LN. What about the tickets that are sold beyond the sellout figure? Are those dollar values included in the total gross (we can't check, since it's impossible to know the number of tickets sold in each individual price category)? The numbers clearly aren't, and it's possible that the media is working with info provided by the venue, which would be different to the info provided by LN. While Dusseldorf was listed as a sellout with 35k, it's easily possible that there were 38k people at the concert, since they would have put more tickets on sale once their original sellout figure of 35k had been reached. The same goes for Cardiff. Tickets were still available up until the day of the concert, so having an extra 7000 people in the stadium is definitely possible.

What this means is that the attendance figures quoted by Boxscore are the absolute minimum, and it's pretty much a given that every show had more people in the audience.

:confused: at Cardiff numbers! She sold 22.000 tickets less than her Confessions tour show!!!!

TRANSLATION: Don't repeat stadiums in small cities!!!!!!

I mean...so many NEW cities should have been massive sellouts(like Athens): MILANO, BARCELONA, MADRID, BRUXELES, STOCKHOLM, OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MANCHESTER, GLASGOW, HELSINKI, ISTANBUL,...

That's all LN expected to sell in Cardiff, though, but for whatever reason, they wanted to start the tour there. It would have been far worse if they'd expected 45 000 and had to report that they only had 33 000 buy tickets. Clearly, they didn't expect to sell anywhere near the number of tickets that they did for Madonna's show there 2 years ago.

Guest aramis
She didn't visit Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland? Why? :(

Poor facilities..according to Live Nation!

(Dont shoot the messenger)

:dramatic:

Guest QueenofPopfan4ever

The European leg of The Sticky & Sweet Tour has made $116 Million dollars, almost what The Reinvention Tour made in total $125 Million. That is freaking impressive!!!!! :shock:

We are not counting Memorabilia sales she is making up to 300,000 USD for each stadium in sales alone taking a 90% of sales. I estimate next year she will take home between $117- 132 Million USD.

Edited by QueenofPopfan4ever

Looks like Madonna has another successful tour on her hands.While Janet's tour seems to be faltering with cancelled dates and poor ticket sales,Madonna's tour is doing spectacular business.