4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

eek. :nocomment:

why? did all your hopes suddenly collapsed for this week? :chuckle:

don't worry her next real chance will be the next three weeks, starting next week

I am still hoping that a TV promo will happen within the next 3 weeks and that could do it...

Guest iMisto
why? did all your hopes suddenly collapsed for this week? :chuckle:

don't worry her next real chance will be the next three weeks, starting next week

I am still hoping that a TV promo will happen within the next 3 weeks and that could do it...

I'm just afraid we might be seeing the peak in airplay for 4M. Cause, everytime I check radio station's request logs... it hasn't moved up for a week! For example, 4M has been getting an average of 37 request per hour on 104.7 Kiss FM, and it hasn't gone up for a week! On Z100, even if it's topping the top 9@9, it's requests haven't moved from an average of 51-53 in a week! I just don't see it growing fast enough. :( The video hasn't budged from #7 on TRL.. which isn't good.

Oh well... it's still a big hit, I guess.

Guest bruinboy222

jordin sparks and chris brown performed No Air on Idol last night...so that's another Idol that could potentially shoot up even higher on the itunes chart...

Guest iMisto
jordin sparks and chris brown performed No Air on Idol last night...so that's another Idol that could potentially shoot up even higher on the itunes chart...

Oh god... that crappy ass song. :tongue:

Oh god... that crappy ass song. :tongue:

And how much she SUCKED last night trying to come across as a serious singer?

... as if our local "Idols" weren't enough now we have to deal with imports from other countries talent shows. Isn't that how we got another Mariah???

Anyway, 4m still No 1 on iTunes. GO MADONNA!

Guest iMisto
... as if our local "Idols" weren't enough now we have to deal with imports from other countries talent shows.

Seriously! And people are eating it all up! What happened to people WORKING hard to get places. All they have to do now is get on a tv show, and sing. POOF, they're 'American Idols', or idols from whatever country, and they're selling music out their ass!!

Jesus Christ! I will NEVER buy their music. If it's any good at all, I'll get it burned, or download it off the internet. They wont be getting my $$. :noway:

no wonder it shot past USHER this week...

Seriously! And people are eating it all up! What happened to people WORKING hard to get places. All they have to do now is get on a tv show, and sing. POOF, they're 'American Idols', or idols from whatever country, and they're selling music out their ass!!

Jesus Christ! I will NEVER buy their music. If it's any good at all, I'll get it burned, or download it off the internet. They wont be getting my $$. :noway:

Reality TV is the devil!! :voodoo:

Fortunately all of those lame performances that the "zombies" of America are eating up on itunes aren't eligible for the Hot 100. I know that doesn't help the situation with Leona but at least we don't have to worry about Carrie fucking Underwood or "Shout To The Lord" overtaking M on the main chart. I'm actually very surprised 4M has held up this week, like many of you I didn't think it would still be number one on Friday. I haven't been paying as close attention this week but it seems the popularity bar has actually increased for M too since the last time I looked, but is it enough to offset both BL versions?? :dramatic:

imisto are you still bein M's sales rep part time via Starbucks?? :)

wow she's holding veeeery well!

It would be amazing of she could sell another +200k, that would be a record, right?

:)

Guest Bad Robot
wow she's holding veeeery well!

It would be amazing of she could sell another +200k, that would be a record, right?

:)

Madonna and Leona would tie Rihanna's record for 3 weeks over 200k with a song (Umbrella) if they both pass 200k this week.

Guest Bad Robot

The second version went on sale Tuesday. Just look at the pop bars. It's clearly doing a little better than 4M.

I think some of you actually believe that just WISHING something makes it happen.

It's remotely possible 4M could outsell BL if 4M surges in the next couple days but I doubt it.

why should BL sell more if the second version only appeared yesterday?

BR is right guga, if we base it in popularity bars, which was fairly accurate, BL is actually longer...

but take solace in the fact that LOLLIPOP which gained to sell 187k last week is still well below 4MINUTES the entire week...

BR is right guga, if we base it in popularity bars, which was fairly accurate, BL is actually longer...

but take solace in the fact that LOLLIPOP which gained to sell 187k last week is still well below 4MINUTES the entire week...

But BL should decrease by next week, right? Then you know who can rise again..who knows.

The second version went on sale Tuesday. Just look at the pop bars. It's clearly doing a little better than 4M.

I think some of you actually believe that just WISHING something makes it happen.

that's not my case babe i was JUST ASKING

Fortunately all of those lame performances that the "zombies" of America are eating up on itunes aren't eligible for the Hot 100. I know that doesn't help the situation with Leona but at least we don't have to worry about Carrie fucking Underwood or "Shout To The Lord" overtaking M on the main chart.

But Carrie's single will be able to chart next week, as all the others charting right now...

Guest Bad Robot

Generally, if it's showing up on iTunes top 100, it can chart on the Hot 100 (unless a song is considered recurrent, such as Buckley's Hallelujah a few weeks ago).

Guest iMisto
when are the remixes being released? shouldnt that give 4 Mins a big boost?

I don't see how it can possibly give it a 'big' boost, let alone a boost at all. It seems like the remixes will come out just in time to STEADY sales, not boost them.

But Carrie's single will be able to chart next week, as all the others charting right now...

WTF!! :rant:

I guess I took the information recently about Hallelujah as meaning none of them could chart. Oh well....hopefully they won't pose a big threat. It seems people go on a download frenzy for a few days with these songs and then they just drop. But anybody take a look at the Top Videos on itunes lately?? :dramatic: Every single video on it is from "Idol Gives Back" except for Madonna at #8 and the pig at #10.