4 Minutes Chart Challenge: Week 3

Guest Bad Robot

Guest Bad Robot

Here are the rules. By 11:59 PM EDT on Friday (US east coast time), please submit your guesses for this week's chart challenge for airplay impressions, sales, and Hot 100 position for 4 Minutes. Also include your guess for peak position. Last week's positions:

Airplay: 32.5m

Sales: 217,000

Hot 100: #3

Peak Position: ???

Last week's winner was Hard Caramelo with 99.2% accuracy!

You may change your predictions at any time before the deadline. Results are revealed on Wednesdays. Airplay uses the "Quick Cuts" total on Mediabase, as it is the most reliably available figure. Note that for now, Hot 100 position accuracy is determined as being 10% off for every position off from the actual. (So if you guess #5 and it hits #2, you are 70% accurate for that part of the calculation).

Guest madddness
Here are the rules. By 11:59 PM EDT on Friday (US east coast time), please submit your guesses for this week's chart challenge for airplay impressions, sales, and Hot 100 position for 4 Minutes. Also include your guess for peak position. Last week's positions:

Airplay: 32.5m

Sales: 217,000

Hot 100: #3

Peak Position: ???

Last week's winner was Hard Caramelo with 99.2% accuracy!

You may change your predictions at any time before the deadline. Results are revealed on Wednesdays. Airplay uses the "Quick Cuts" total on Mediabase, as it is the most reliably available figure. Note that for now, Hot 100 position accuracy is determined as being 10% off for every position off from the actual. (So if you guess #5 and it hits #2, you are 70% accurate for that part of the calculation).

Airplay: 41.3m

Sales: 233,000

Hot 100: #2

Peak Position: #1

Edited by madddness

Wow! I´m officially the winner!!! Am I granted any prize? Maybe a Hard Candy copy. I don´t know when it hits shelves in the Dominican Republic. Maybe three months after its release... Anyways, thank you very mucho. My predictions:

Airplay: 39.7M

Sales: 190,000

:drlecter:

Airplay: 37.9 million

Sales: 232,000

Hmmm...this is getting harder. It seems to be growing steadily at radio, but digital is hard to predict. Especially since we don't know if the video will have much of an effect on THIS week's sales. I am thinking the full impact of that might be felt in next week's numbers.

Guest Bad Robot
no runner-ups BR?

I listed them in the week 2 thread -- perhaps I should add them here?

#2 was Nightshade

#3 was tir69

Congrats!

Guest Bad Robot

I would say #1 is conceivable... but, it'll be tough. Before I was saying 10% chance. Now I'll say 35% chance.

My guesses this week:

Airplay: 39m

Sales: 210,000

Hot 100: 3

Ultimate Peak: 2

I would say #1 is conceivable... but, it'll be tough. Before I was saying 10% chance. Now I'll say 35% chance.

It's going to rely heavily on digital sales and if they will grow even larger. Radio support (while very good) just isn't going up fast enough for this song to overcome Mariah and Leona.

Since we have determined that the first single's downloads tend to reach their highest level the week the parent album is released, I wonder if we can assume that she'll hit #1 later on this month?

Airplay: 40M

Sales: 260,000

Hot 100: #1

I guess I should put my TOP 4 predix here as well, so as not to cause too much :dramatic:

1. 4 Minutes (37M + 260k) = 297M

2. Touch My Body (125M + 160k) = 285M

3. Love In This Club (133M + 135k) = 268M

4. Bleeding Love (60M + 200k) = 260M

Guest iMisto
Airplay: 40M

Sales: 280,000

Hot 100: #1

I guess I should put my TOP 4 predix here as well, so as not to cause too much :dramatic:

1. 4 Minutes (37M + 280k) = 317M

2. Touch My Body (125M + 180k) = 305M

3. Love In This Club (133M + 135k) = 268M

4. Bleeding Love (60M + 200k) = 260M

Do you really think it's possible???? I would be SO happy.