CoronaVirus: Social Distancing Check In

Hello everyone!

As the coronavirus continues to spread, more and more of us are practicing social distancing, working remotely from home or under quarantine 

Check in here to share your experience.

Here in New Jersey, I am off from work since all schools are shut down. We are working remotely from home. I have isolated myself in my home and only going out for essentials. 

Hi 🤗

I've been working from home for a week now and I also go out only for essentials. It's driving me mad but at least I have more time to get things done in my home, as all of my after-work activities have been cancelled for the time being.

I had tickets for the 10 March show, but that was cancelled, and in the end I didn't go to Paris at all.

I live in the Netherlands. Since yesterday we are in lockdown. Last week I was in Paris for the last Madame X concert. Got back on Thursday. I work for television and I have to work in the studio, so I have to go to work every day! I run outside and for the rest enjoy myself with music and film.

30 minutes ago, Msig said:

Hi 🤗

I've been working from home for a week now and I also go out only for essentials. It's driving me mad but at least I have more time to get things done in my home, as all of my after-work activities have been cancelled for the time being.

I had tickets for the 10 March show, but that was cancelled, and in the end I didn't go to Paris at all.

I had broadway show tix to see Mean Girls- cancelled, Plaza Suite w/Sarah Jessica Parker- cancelled and waiting to see if Broadway reopens in May for Take Me Out

I was so looking forward to SJP

I have a few things to do at home but I'm too lazy to do them probably once I get bored enough

Well, today's my first day of self-quarantine. Not easy, but necessary.

A little story as to how I got to this moment, I was in Barcelona on Thursday morning for a project that was abruptly cancelled late that night.  The companies involved in this trip and the Spanish government assured us that they had taken all necessary precautions to ensure our safety, but as we all now know everything went into a frenzy. Couldn't leave until Sunday, so I stayed inside the hotel because the city was already shutting down. As a preventive measure, the company's asking all of us who traveled to self-quarantine and send in results of daily temperature checks.

As for home, it's more or less the same situation as other countries. An island-wide lockdown for residents until March 31st and a 9 PM to 5 AM curfew. Everything canceled. We're at 5 confirmed cases but there's still a long way to go. Stay safe and clean, everyone.

I’ve been holed up at home for over a week now. Did my grocery shopping over a three day period the week before, because I’m petite and have a bad back. (No hoarding!) So far no cases here, but a neighbor told me of a nearby parochial school and a Christian University who went to Italy against everyone’s warnings. So I’m sure it’s here, but how can we know since there’s no testing!? 

I live alone with my kitty. But it’s scary as hell dealing with this by myself. 

I’ve had a low grade fever for 6 days and some other issues which don’t match coronavirus—but still unsettling. It’s like it’s been one long panic attack since. I’ve been doing chores and watching some DVDs and of course, listening to Madonna on shuffle. I happened to hear Lovesong the other day and it really took me back. Lovely relief for a few moments. 

I wish everyone good luck, patience and let’s all send out positive, healing vibes to the world. Heaven knows, we could all use some! 

Positive Energy Everyone! 💜

Guest eroticerotic

working from home. feels good though. the energy around seems really calm despite the online panic. I still go out to the gym, get packages and buy stuff; the only different thing I do in my lifestyle is just fumigate packages with lysol. and maybe get alot more people to think rationally. lol

stay clean and healthy!

Right now I’m between jobs, and actively seeking employment. In some ways, I’m glad not to be working  because I work in health care. The risk of exposure is higher.. 

I mostly stay at home except for the gym and purchasing necessities. I’m bored  AF I tbh even though I keep busy reading books and watching films.

I also found out today that my good friend tested positive for coronavirus. I feel bad and worried about him making it thru the illness.

Me too. Here in Rio de Janeiro I am with my mom, 77 y/o and my brother.

I work in theater and TV and everything has been canceled for 2 weeks starting yesterday.

I have agoraphobia and anxiety disorder and must confess...I'm trying not to cry ALL THE TIME.

Really hard for me. Got out just for the essentials as well. I'm panicking all the time.

Working from home, in a country currently without a proper government 😒 yes Belgium of course.

My bf is obliged to watch the children @ school where he teaches.

The country is in half lockdown but rumour has it from Wednesday on it will b the real deal.

Why are people STILL going to the gym? Are you going to combust if you take a couple of NECESSARY weeks off?

Been holed up at home for like 2 weeks and a half ,both my bf and I work from home and once a week we go out to buy food. I'm really mentally exhausted.

1 hour ago, horn said:

So no sex for everyone? 

giphy.gif

I'm single and don't have a regular buddy to fool around with at this time.☹️☹️ If the virus continues to spread, don't think I'll be having sex for a long time........

Do have a feeling that many guys will continue to hook up regularly for anonymous sex and one night stands.

2 hours ago, horn said:

So no sex for everyone? 

giphy.gif

I've gotten more messages for hookups over the last few days than I have ever before 

I'm like u r interested now during a pandemic? No thanks, I don't want your corona.

Guest eroticerotic
5 hours ago, horn said:

So no sex for everyone? 

giphy.gif

Trying to work some things out 🥺 being cut off from Brazilians and Dominicans and Colombians is making me 🥴 

I think I’m starting to experience cabin fever 🥵 

3 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I've gotten more messages for hookups over the last few days than I have ever before 

I'm like u r interested now during a pandemic? No thanks, I don't want your corona.

:dead::dead::dead:

On 3/17/2020 at 6:50 AM, horn said:

So no sex for everyone? 

giphy.gif

Is it true that Truvada will protect you from a virus?

9 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Is it true that Truvada will protect you from a virus?

Nope, cause I use it on daily basis and I got very sick last week in Paris! Now better and back at home. As for dates right now? NO WAY!

1 hour ago, Hapertje said:

Nope, cause I use it on daily basis and I got very sick last week in Paris! Now better and back at home. As for dates right now? NO WAY!

S E X
You wanna?

Would you like to try?
Gimme me a reason why :pinkwink:

Image-courtesy-Roman-SamborskyShuttersto

I’m starting to feel the anxiety and restlessness creeping in alone in my house

my school district isn’t helping they’ve thrown more work at us and expect us to conduct parent meetings from home, and meetings with special services. What do I say to the parents? Your child isn’t doing well with remote learning, you suck as a teacher? They also want lesson plans now.

they expect all this shit not one person is asking if we are doing ok? They must think we are enjoying time off which is so not the case. Providing no support or even showing any concern for their teachers.
ugh 

The shelter-at-home/social-distancing thing isn't the hard part for me...it's the anxiety that just doesn't go away. The fear of not just what's going on, but how it's being handled (and NOT handled, frankly), what's true vs what's not true, what's to come, etc...  Just trying to keep calm and sensible, while staying properly informed, is far harder than it seems. I'm forcing myself to take several days break from media consumption because it's just too much.

Even making a grocery/supplies run feels scary. It shouldn't, but it does. Going only 1 day a week (if that), first thing in the morning. Worked pretty well the other day.