Jump to content

New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview


spazz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Runaway Lover said:

Music is coming soon? Why is she repeating this when we still have half a year?

It's better now. She said "soon" since May when it was about 1 year ahead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Because she hasn't, it's pretty clear, last month she was looking for ideas for the cover/artwork when she got Guy to contact to German photographer Sebastian Bieniek...

Maybe he’s the reason the album is delayed? 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all of you who said it was never confirmed for 2018 (yes it was!) December 2017 Madonna on Kelly and Ryan says “2018. She is coming back and she’s coming for you”

then Vogue a month ago says album was 2018.

it’s easy to see why the fans are frustrated. I personally would have liked a release around November just for Christmas sales that really worked for Confessions, but most everything is streaming today so maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. Her singles do better in late summer fall though don’t they? (0:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2018 at 7:28 AM, Aries said:

Maybe she’ll still throw us a bone on Christmas Day and release digitally a couple of songs that didn’t make the cut for the new album

Yeh and maybe monkeys will fly outta my butt 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People were hardly building 'imaginary timelines' in their heads. There WAS solid reason to believe her album would be coming out this year. Apart from all the things already mentioned above, let's not forget M herself was talking about "finishing her record" in May. Possibly, as a non-native speaker, there's a meaning of 'finish' I'm not familiar with, however to my knowledge "finishing my record" doesn't imply "You'll have to wait almost another whole year"...so naturally fans started expecting something to happen. 

And by the way, we can discuss this issue for another ten pages, but let's not forget one thing - back in May around the time of the MET Gala, almost everyone posting in the album thread was convinced about an imminent release. Members thinking otherwise were quickly shut down and called "negative nancies", "debbie downers" etc...partly by the very same people who are now mocking others for their 'imaginary timelines' :rolleyes: So let's not get hypocritical here...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

For all of you who said it was never confirmed for 2018 (yes it was!) December 2017 Madonna on Kelly and Ryan says “2018. She is coming back and she’s coming for you”

then Vogue a month ago says album was 2018.

it’s easy to see why the fans are frustrated. I personally would have liked a release around November just for Christmas sales that really worked for Confessions, but most everything is streaming today so maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. Her singles do better in late summer fall though don’t they? (0:

Exactly.  I could not remember the show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Because she hasn't, it's pretty clear, last month she was looking for ideas for the cover/artwork when she got Guy to contact to German photographer Sebastian Bieniek...

True but we really do not know a thing so we are all reaching.  Haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

People were hardly building 'imaginary timelines' in their heads. There WAS solid reason to believe her album would be coming out this year. Apart from all the things already mentioned above, let's not forget M herself was talking about "finishing her record" in May. Possibly, as a non-native speaker, there's a meaning of 'finish' I'm not familiar with, however to my knowledge "finishing my record" doesn't imply "You'll have to wait almost another whole year"...so naturally fans started expecting something to happen. 

And by the way, we can discuss this issue for another ten pages, but let's not forget one thing - back in May around the time of the MET Gala, almost everyone posting in the album thread was convinced about an imminent release. Members thinking otherwise were quickly shut down and called "negative nancies", "debbie downers" etc...partly by the very same people who are now mocking others for their 'imaginary timelines' :rolleyes: So let's not get hypocritical here...

Yep. I remember saying that the Met Gala thing was going to give us nothing but a little preview of a song. And people were saying I was negative and that the album was coming like, next week, right after Met Gala. But I just didn’t see how the Met Gala was going to be the best way to introduce the album. It wasn’t and the album wasn’t released! So I was right. Lol But I did have faith that the album was going to release in November, which I was wrong about. Right about one thing, wrong about the other. I believed we were going to get solid news after Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur, and we did, just not the news I expected. But anyway, I agree, it’s silly to put people down because of what they think in terms of the release of the album. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

People were hardly building 'imaginary timelines' in their heads. There WAS solid reason to believe her album would be coming out this year. Apart from all the things already mentioned above, let's not forget M herself was talking about "finishing her record" in May. Possibly, as a non-native speaker, there's a meaning of 'finish' I'm not familiar with, however to my knowledge "finishing my record" doesn't imply "You'll have to wait almost another whole year"...so naturally fans started expecting something to happen. 

Tbh finishing doesnt have to mean at the very end of something. It could mean that shes in the process of recording it. It can be used even when she is only 10% done. As long as shes working on it she is "finishing" it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kim said:

I would say about a week or so after the Met Gala, when it became clear that what we thought was the start of a new era was anything but (who remembers that week with the forum crashing and over 300 people browsing and this sub forum being (prematurely) created and all the anticipation?...then NADA) was when it became obvious it was another RH type protracted creative process, and no, the non-quote in Vogue didn't ring true at all. Outwith a hashtag or two there was no buzz, no industry mumblings, no nothing. 

As we all know, the Madonna of post-2008 (i.e. without a proper label & management) seems to have more creative control. Ironically, this means that she can record entire albums and re-jig/re-shuffle and chop and change as she wishes (hello Rebel Heart). I wouldn't be surprised if the entire album has been ready for a good few months but she's fucking with it - oops, sorry, I mean making it more palatable/commercial etc. and the final product we get will be full of featured X and featured Y with distorted production and all sorts of bullshit. 

 

And yes bitches feel free to quote this because you read it here first. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Suedey said:

As we all know, the Madonna of post-2008 (i.e. without a proper label & management) seems to have more creative control. Ironically, this means that she can record entire albums and re-jig/re-shuffle and chop and change as she wishes (hello Rebel Heart). I wouldn't be surprised if the entire album has been ready for a good few months but she's fucking with it - oops, sorry, I mean making it more palatable/commercial etc. and the final product we get will be full of featured X and featured Y with distorted production and all sorts of bullshit. 

And yes bitches feel free to quote this because you read it here first. 

Well that's when a real manager would step in and do his/her job, but as we know, Madonna doesn't have a real manager anymore. 

Well, at least this time there will be no (superior) demos to compare and contrast with.... (or will there?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

People were hardly building 'imaginary timelines' in their heads. There WAS solid reason to believe her album would be coming out this year. Apart from all the things already mentioned above, let's not forget M herself was talking about "finishing her record" in May. Possibly, as a non-native speaker, there's a meaning of 'finish' I'm not familiar with, however to my knowledge "finishing my record" doesn't imply "You'll have to wait almost another whole year"...so naturally fans started expecting something to happen. 

And by the way, we can discuss this issue for another ten pages, but let's not forget one thing - back in May around the time of the MET Gala, almost everyone posting in the album thread was convinced about an imminent release. Members thinking otherwise were quickly shut down and called "negative nancies", "debbie downers" etc...partly by the very same people who are now mocking others for their 'imaginary timelines' :rolleyes: So let's not get hypocritical here...

Thank you @Nonoka - my point of view, exactly.

There were a lot of clues the album was coming. Even if we had no official confirmation, it's normal we had some expectation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Tbh finishing doesnt have to mean at the very end of something. It could mean that shes in the process of recording it. It can be used even when she is only 10% done. As long as shes working on it she is "finishing" it. 

 

Well, in french, when we use "I'm finishing", it means we are at the end of something or almost there.
Just like Nonoka said, I guess some of us got lost in translation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Madonna changes direction, she does it close to the beginning. She usually makes a few songs with a producer to see if they will click.  Changing direction after a several months is unlikely. I think she is still getting new ideas and wants to experiment and try different things before wrapping things up.

Although the album is announced for next year, that doesn't mean a lead single can't be released this year.  I assume the album is almost finished, so I doubt she would sit on a finished album for months before its release. Who knows, maybe the album is planned to be released in January or February. So, a lead single in October or November is very possible. She could promote it at MTV EMA's and some shows, plus there could be some hype about new songs if the winner of that auction thing share some thoughts. 

Erotica and AL is the only album where she spent most time working on it (11 months) IRRC.

She finished Ray of Light in November and it was probably mastered in December. The lead single were released in February.

Maybe she will skip January when it comes to the new album. In that case, February release is very possible. The album could be finished this or next month. So, a lead single is possible this year and we could get another song during January. That second song doesn't have to be the  second official single and many artists do that lately. Then, a new single and album could drop in February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...