MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

Even the thing that shall remain nameless is releasing its soundtrack album on 5th October and it's had a press release . 

Unfortunately I do feel that in recent years too much creative control and lack of a proper team and record label behind Madonna have meant that she has become self indulgent and tends to go over songs and over-produce them. Case in point being that most of the RH demos ended up sounding much better than the final versions. 

9 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

It seems today when most albums get announced, the lead single is dropped with the announcement. What would they gain announcing the album release dates with nothing to show in this short attention span day & age?

Maybe she's planning it for Halloween (magic / witch theme) or Black Friday (black magic) 

Except as we all know it'll be March 2019 

3 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Even the thing that shall remain nameless is releasing its soundtrack album on 5th October and it's had a press release . 

Unfortunately I do feel that in recent years too much creative control and lack of a proper team and record label behind Madonna have meant that she has become self indulgent and tends to go over songs and over-produce them. Case in point being that most of the RH demos ended up sounding much better than the final versions. 

thats a totally different thing. its a movie and is doing promos at film festivals..ect.. backed by a film studio

20 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

It seems today when most albums get announced, the lead single is dropped with the announcement. What would they gain announcing the album release dates with nothing to show in this short attention span day & age?

Isn't that one of the problems? Trying to place Madonna into this new template created for the likes of Minaj, Grande and their young fans was never going to work for her.

I think people underestimate how much of her core fanbase (30 and over) has tuned out because of it. 

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Isn't that one of the problems? Trying to place Madonna into this new template created for the likes of Minaj, Grande and their young fans was never going to work for her.

I think people underestimate how much of her core fanbase (30 and over) has tuned out because of it. 

To be honest I can’t get my head around how the industry works today, it seems almost impossible to get the hype of a new album to stick so at this point I’m just happy to get a new album.

It’s funny how there have been a couple of sources saying the album is coming this year, but we’re yet to hear it from Madonna or her team. A March 2019 release isn’t out of the question at this point, but I also think there’s enough time to announce / get the album out by November 2018.

31 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Case in point being that most of the RH demos ended up sounding much better than the final versions. 

I don't agree with this.

Those who think demos were better is because of the leaks and the fact that they had demo versions in their heads before the definitive versions came officially and they get used to them.

I would'nt describe RH as an overproduced album.

7 minutes ago, Music said:

I don't agree with this.

Those who think demos were better is because of the leaks and the fact that they had demo versions in their heads before the definitive versions came officially and they get used to them.

I would'nt describe RH as an overproduced album.

Have a seat and listen to Messiah demo vs final version and then we’ll talk .Demo is up on YouTube. I didn’t share or download or sabotage anything at the time let’s get that straight.

45 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Maybe she's planning it for Halloween (magic / witch theme) or Black Friday (black magic) 

Except as we all know it'll be March 2019 

Pretty good point about Halloween there... She wanted to drop Living for Love on Valentines Day after all

Well Nicki and Ariana were at the studio still one or two weeks before the album dropped.

Cher tweeted two weeks ago that she was doing new vocals for an ABBA song and her albums comes out in a month.

Maybe M is just doing new takes or vocals for a few lines and that’s it.

14 minutes ago, Music said:

There can always be exceptions, but you wouldn't say so if there hadn't been the leaks.

Yes I would as I didn’t hear the Messiah demo at the time it leaked. 

I’m not sitting here saying the Drowned World demo was better than the final version so I don’t know what your point is. 

My point remains that the majority of demo versions I’ve heard on YouTube from RH are better than the final versions. There was no reason for her to sit on those demos as far as I can see and the “tweaks” she made (whether reactionary to the leaks or not) resulted in inferior results. 

So I hope she has learnt from that lesson not to overproduce and not to sit on material if it sounds ready in this day and age. Things move fast in the industry now and if she wants to remain relevant she has to keep up. 

5 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Yes I would as I didn’t hear the Messiah demo at the time it leaked. 

I’m not sitting here saying the Drowned World demo was better than the final version so I don’t know what your point is. 

My point remains that the majority of demo versions I’ve heard on YouTube from RH are better than the final versions. There was no reason for her to sit on those demos as far as I can see and the “tweaks” she made (whether reactionary to the leaks or not) resulted in inferior results. 

So I hope she has learnt from that lesson not to overproduce and not to sit on material if it sounds ready in this day and age. Things move fast in the industry now and if she wants to remain relevant she has to keep up. 

Totally agree with all this. 

My point is that if you love so much the demos is because the leaked versions were in your head by the time the official album came out. You're underestimating the fact that you were used to those leaked demo versions...

Most of the songs had bad fan reviews because of the leaks when they discovered the actual album ! It was like they didn't want to discover the songs, but to judge them by the light of what they were projecting & expecting because of the leaks.

So I hope she has learnt from that lesson : protect your songs from leaking and spoil the fun and surprise... and get unfinished versions in the head of fans so they'll be disappointed when true versions are released...

That being said, it can be that demos can be found better than album versions... I'm not saying it can't be.

2 hours ago, veroelectronica said:

As if u heard and knew  the  whole song???

As if... as if... why are people defending this troll?? Wtf??

46 minutes ago, Suedey said:

A lot of the press seem to be running with the 'Madonna has a new album out later this year' tagline which is all fine & dandy but I need to see receipts. 

Oh same, at this point I want it hear it from the Queen herself, since she's the one who's recorded the album and releasing / promoting it.

Is she paid by snapchat or something? Must be part of her contract because I can’t for the life of me find another explanation as to why she posts these “fun” filter pics?

14 minutes ago, Music said:

My point is that if you love so much the demos is because the leaked versions were in your head by the time the official album came out. You're underestimating the fact that you were used to those leaked demo versions...

Bullshit.
Why, if it's a "fact", I prefer some album version over demos that I listened 1st ??

2 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Surprise single release tomorrow? 

Kind of weird thing to put just for a regular friday......... Fingers crossed! Maybe a press release. Or maybe a sandwhich on the back of a horse on a beach

Edited by Danny Bubbles
spelling

1 hour ago, rayofgod said:

Pretty good point about Halloween there... She wanted to drop Living for Love on Valentines Day after all

I'll take credit for pointing that out 😉

39 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Kind of weird thing to put just for a regular friday......... Fingers crossed! Maybe a press release. Or maybe a sandwhich on the back of a horse on a beach

:lol:

shes probably just excited for Friday. 

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Is she paid by snapchat or something? Must be part of her contract because I can’t for the life of find another explanation as to why she posts these “fun” filter pics?

I mean in the same way she wears those damn horrid grills that make her have a stiff upper lip! 😂

3 hours ago, Suedey said:

I agree. Some of the RH demoes I listened to, a year later, were better than the track versions on the album I thought. 

Hope the final Beautiful Game single/product does not sound as track 5 on the single CD.