Stereophonics, U2 and Madonna continue to impress on resale market

XXL

International Tours From Stereophonics, U2 And Madonna Continue To Impress On Resale Market

There are a handful of major tours hitting international markets this fall and winter, including huge names like longtime popular acts U2 and Madonna, who are both on massive arena world tours in support of new releases.

Sheffield-based rock act Bring Me The Horizon, who have recently strayed from their metal-core sound, are also out on the road supporting a recent album release, while 90’s sensation Stereophonics have hit the road again to support their own ninth studio album, Keep The Village Alive. Below are highlights for each tour, withticket data provided by viagogo.

Stereophonics | Most Expensive International City: Edinburgh, Scotland | Date: Nov. 28 | Get-in Ticket Price: $199

Welsh-rockers Stereophonics are currently overseas playing a string of dates until mid-December. The tour follows the release of the band’s latest album Keep The Village Alive, which they released on September 11. Although the band found the majority of their success over a decade ago, their fan base remains constant, astickets to see Stereophonics have stayed competitive on the secondary market. The band, which has been performing together since 1996, will play their most expensive show on November 28 in Edinburgh at Usher Hall, where a get-in ticket is $199. Their cheapest show is their November 3 stop in Bristol, where the least expensive ticket is $61.

Bring Me the Horizon | Most Expensive International City: Rockefeller, Oslo, Norway | Date: Nov. 13 | Get-in Ticket Price: $274

British rock band Bring Me the Horizon hit the road this fall to tour behind their new album That’s the Spirit, which earned the recognition as the band’s highest charting album ever shortly after its debut. The album hit theNo. 2 spot on the Billboard 200 chart and sold 62,000 units in the first week. After touring the U.S. for the majority of October, the band’s international leg of the “That’s The Ticket” tour will continue on overseas with stops until the end of November. Currently, Bring Me the Horizon tickets are on the rise, as the most expensive stop on the calendar is a November 13 show in Oslo, Norway, where a get-inticket to see Bring Me the Horizon is $274. Conversely, the band will play their cheapest date overseas on November 12 when they play a concert in Göteborg, Sweden. A get-in ticket for that show is just $43.

Madonna | Most Expensive International City: Macau, China | Date: Feb. 21 | Get-in Ticket Price: $1,234

It’s been an epic fall for Madonna, who kicked off her major headlining “Rebel Heart” world tour on September 9 in Montreal. The tour will hit 35 major North American cities until it heads out overseas to hit additional dates in Europe and the U.K. for November and December, with additional dates scheduled overseas for 2016. As of early October, Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour had already grossed $20 million based on 132,769 sold tickets from the first eight arenas on the schedule, according to Billboard. It should come as no surprise that Madonna tickets are skyrocketing. Her priciest show is on February 21 in Macau, China, where a get-in ticket is a whopping $1,234. Her cheapest show is much more affordable, and is currently scheduled for her Nov. 4 stop in Cologne, Germany, where a get-in ticket is just $38.

U2 | Most Expensive International City: Dublin, Ireland | Date: Nov. 28 | Get-in Ticket Price: $473

There are few bands with the ability to sell concert tickets quite like Irish rockers U2, and their iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour has continued to impress on the ticket market, as every single date on the tour calendar is sold out on the primary ticket market, and resaletickets to see U2 continue to grow in price. The legendary group wrapped up their massive North American summer run on July 31 after playing eight shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City. After a short break from the U.S., they went back out on the road for their international leg, which officially wraps up after four nights in Dublin on November 28. Unsurprisingly, the band’s most expensive stop on the calendar is the final night of the tour in Dublin at the 3Arena, where a get-in ticket is $473. Their cheapest date is a November 4 stop at The O2 Arena in London, where a get-in ticket $123.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't even see that as a positive article. These scalpers make so much money off of fans. It should be illegal in my opinion

Fucking Forbes?!!

It's bullshit. At least what they said about Stereophonics is bullshit. I have friends all over the UK buying resale tickets in London, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, etc.. They aren't paying that much. And my friend in Edinburgh didn't pay no fucking $200. She saved money by buying resale.

That's £140 quid.

Also, the band formed in 1992, not 1996. They can't even get their standard reporting correct.

I don't even see that as a positive article. These scalpers make so much money off of fans. It should be illegal in my opinion

Scalping is bad yes but the Forbes article gives a genuine indication as to whose act the most sought after tickets are, since cited figures come from Viagogo. Live Nation, U2 and Madonna like any other big artist under a touring contract have a deal with them. They take a cut of resales revenue

I saw them this friday!!!!!!!they are really good!although I didn't know they were so famous!

Lucky!!! I want them to do a US leg so bad. I've seen them about 10 times already, all in the UK.

What did you think of Kelly Jones? The singer and guitarist.

Hot or not?