Why is American Life (album) better than any 80's M album?

mad4mad2

Why is that? In a forum full with 80's music nuts that more often than not dismiss her later more music because it doesn't trigger in them teenage memories. This thread and comparison are not only true but necessary.

For the last time, this forum is not full of these people. :noway: The ones you have described have all parked their backsides at the other Madonna forums and can stay there and moan together. Hector flushes them when they come here so not sure why you keep going on about it. Go to the other Madonna forums and stir them up there if you want but stop trying to create divisions here.

Guest Rachelle of London

AL is my second fave M album. But what an odd comparison. It's all down to personal taste I guess. Some people dislike AL but I love it.

Apples and oranges. Both taste good.

Explain and give us a musical critique on how Madonna's 80's music is overrated. I'd like to read it. I'm always looking for a devil's advocate - so this is your chance to explain it.

10's > 00's > 90's >>>>> 80's

I would say it´s more like: 00s=90s > 80s=10s

But, as said, it is all a matter of taste. Her pre-LAP albums might sound inconsistent, but the jewels you find in them make up for the Bside material.

Apples and oranges. Both taste good.

Explain and give us a musical critique on how Madonna's 80's music is overrated. I'd like to read it. I'm always looking for a devil's advocate - so this is your chance to explain it.

Explain?! Nope, no need for that. Like I said 80's Madonna is good but it is in fact overrated. There is more to her art and music than her hit songs. Anyway, back to appreciating and celebrating her Most honest and raw masterpiece American Life.

"Music stations always play the same songs

I'm bored with the concept of right and wrong"

Explain?! Nope, no need for that. Like I said 80's Madonna is good but it is in fact overrated. There is more to her art and music than her hit songs. Anyway, back to appreciating and celebrating her Most honest and raw masterpiece American Life.

"Music stations always play the same songs

I'm bored with the concept of right and wrong"

I think there is a need. Yes, it's good, but it's quite a bold statement you're making. Don't you want to back it up? Overrated is big word and it's all you're giving us.

How is it overrated in your opinion? Does it sound dated to you? Are the arrangements not put together well? Are the productions not matching her initial vision? Is it Nile Rogers you don't like? Or Reggie Lucas? Does True Blue not come together as a classic pop record for you? Did Like A Prayer fall flat in sound and lyrics? How would you compare her 80's music with other 80's music you've heard? What comments do you read from other people, on this forum, that precipitates a word like 'overrated' to be used?

I think there is a need. Yes, they're good, but it's quite a bold statement you're making. Don't you want to back it up? Overrated is big word and it's all you're giving us.

How is it overrated in your opinion? Does it sound dated to you? Are the arrangements not put together well? Are the productions not matching her initial vision? Is it Nile Rogers you don't like? Or Reggie Lucas? Does True Blue not come together as a classic pop record for you? Did Like A Prayer fall flat in sound and lyrics? How would you compare her 80's music with other 80's music you've heard? What comment do you read from other people, on this forum, that precipitates a word like 'overrated' to be used?

Omg! Lol why Am I being interrogated?! :lmao:

I just feel that her newer music is not being valued enough compared to her older music that's all. Sure, most of her fans here are older and stuck in (the 80's) their ways, likes and dislikes so for them the only Music that matters and truly enjoy is the old stuff. Just go to the RH tour thread and you'll see them winning about "everybody" or "who is that girl" not being included. Lol

I just feel that her newer music is not being valued enough compared to her older music that's all. Sure, most of her fans here are older and stuck (80's music) in their ways and likes and dislikes so for them the only Music that matters and truly enjoy is the old stuff. Just go to the RH tour thread and you'll see them winning about "everybody" or "who is that girl" not being included. Lol

Because you titled your thread " Why is American Life better than any 80's M Album ? " You asked the question and won't even answer it yourself.

If you wanted to do an appreciation thread for American Life ( which is a fantastic album ) then using this heading only makes people ask why.

Why don't you answer Webo Girl's question instead of going on another rant about older fans.

The joys a being a Madonna fan, so spoilt for choice with so many different songs for different moods we compete internally. Listening to AL should tell you exactly why they are not better or worse, just different songs from a different life.

Because you titled your thread " Why is American Life better than any 80's M Album ? " You asked the question and won't even answer it yourself.

If you wanted to do an appreciation thread for American Life ( which is a fantastic album ) then using this heading only makes people ask why.

Why don't you answer Webo Girl's question instead of going on another rant about older fans.

I have nothing against older Madonna loving fans I love all of her music but for me American Life is better than every single 80's Madonna album. That is all. But wait... would you be happier if i change the tittle of this thread to: "Why American Life (album) better than MDNA and HC?

I just feel that her newer music is not being valued enough compared to her older music that's all. Sure, most of her fans here are older and stuck in (the 80's) their ways, likes and dislikes so for them the only Music that matters and truly enjoy is the old stuff. Just go to the RH tour thread and you'll see them winning about "everybody" or "who is that girl" not being included. Lol

I'm not asking you to write an essay. It's not that hard to give a formed opinion, but I don't think you have.

I'm one of the oldest members on this forum and I wouldn't call myself as one of those people "stuck in 80s". In fact my favorite Madonna albums are Music and American Life. But, you have arbitrarily clustered us into one big group, in a flippant style without telling us why?

I'm not getting on your case. Ok, ok I am messing with you a little. But you're making it really easy.

I'm not asking you to write an essay. It's not that hard to give a formed opinion, but I don't think you have.

I'm one of the oldest members on this forum and I wouldn't call myself as one of those people "stuck in 80s". In fact my favorite Madonna albums are Music and American Life. But, you have arbitrarily clustered us into one big group, in a flippant style without telling us why?

I'm not getting on your case. Ok, ok I am messing with you a little. But you're making it really easy.

I thought my answers were clear but i guess not. Oh and since you like questions here is some for you: What do you think about MDNA? Do you like songs like GGW? Did you enjoyed the MDNA Tour?

I really love AL but since listening to more 80s songs to get into the tour i realise how strong the melodies are.

who's that girl, true blue, papa don't preach, la isla bonita, like a prayer, till death do us part.. LIVE TO TELL

american life is a very mature folky madonna. you cannot compare the 2. i love them both for other reasons

and you know what? those 80s songs are so good that she can make them sound like new on ukulele. that proves it all. those songs are STRONG. don't do them wrong with this topic. they're pop perfection

I really love AL but since listening to more 80s songs to get into the tour i realise how strong the melodies are. who's that girl, true blue, papa don't preach, la isla bonita, like a prayer, till death do us part.. LIVE TO TELL

american life is a very mature folky madonna. you cannot compare the 2. i love them both for other reasons

and you know what? those 80s songs are so good that she can make them sound like new on ukulele. that proves it all. those songs are STRONG. don't do them wrong with this topic. they're pop perfection

I heartly agree with this.