Mopreme Shakur details Tupac's relationship with Madonna in new interview

XXL

Tupac’s Relationship With Madonna Started With The Passing Of A Note…

Madonna-Tupac.png

When Madonna revealed earlier this year that she dated Tupac, a few eyebrows were raised. During an interview with Howard Stern, the mega pop star recalled her courtship with the late great rapper as one that made her feel “gangster.” Now, ‘Pac’s brother, Mopreme Shakur, is vouching for the 56-year-old singer.

“One time I was mad at [Letterman] when I said the f-word a lot, but the rest of the time was good,” Madonna told Stern in March. “I was in a weird mood that day. I was dating Tupac Shakur at the time, and he had got me all riled up about life in general. So when I went on the show I was feeling very gangster.”

In a recent interview with Vlad TV, Shakur recalled the day ‘Pac and Madonna hit things off. Detailing a New York press day for the film Above The Rim, the rapper’s brother recalls the singer handing off a note. Apparently, the rest was history.

“She gave me a note to give to him,” he said. “[i didn’t read it,] I was just happy she was giving him a note. Everybody was there, I went over and gave it to him. He was about the business and then they linked up. I would take him to her house and s**t when we got back to L.A. Yeah. They were a thing for a minute.”

At the height of their popularity, Shakur aptly describing the pair as “off the chain,” noting the combination as “too much.” While he did not reveal whether the relationship was strictly physical, ‘Pac’s brother did confirm that the two shared a mutual respect and that things ended between Madonna and Tupac on a positive note.

”They were kicking it,” he said. “I don’t think it was super serious, gonna get married or some s**t. You know how those entertainment relationships go,” he said. “But they both respected each other, so it ended cool. He never talked s**t about her, not to me. And she never talked s**t about him.”

Watch Mopreme Shakur recall Tupac and Madonna relationship below:

02:48

Is this the same clown who interviewed Big Daddy Kane, calling Madonna

the Rihanna of her time again :rolleyes:

Oh & if u wanna b a serious music journalist who reports on hip hop history,

then b serious & do ur homework...Pac talked about Madonna in VIBE magazine

(yes a printed medium, what a shocker) in the 90's...their dating is common knowledge.

*waves at Howard Stern*

Guest Rachelle of London

(yes a printed medium, what a shocker) in the 90's...their dating is common knowledge.

*waves at Howard Stern*

Thank you!!!!!!!

*waves at Howard Stern*

It's so belittling, no shade to Rihanna, but Madonna is Madonna, come on!