Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

I SO hope the majority of the stage production is from the Moment Factory and Michel laprise team again. Their arena staging was immaculate, Hopefully King just has another advisory and/or choreography type role (even if he's more hands on than the MDNA tour, which that tweet suggests) You can always tell King's BASIC stages and awful minimal lighting a mile-off. ^^ And that ridiculous pic with the photoshopped arms and red string is just hilarious.

I would really love to see Open Your Heart on this tour as well. Always has been a favorite of mine but would love to hear it in more standard sound because I really felt like it was butchered in MDNA with the whole apple stomping thing

I would really love to see Open Your Heart on this tour as well. Always has been a favorite of mine but would love to hear it in more standard sound because I really felt like it was butchered in MDNA with the whole apple stomping thing

+ 1 :thumbsup:

She's been teasing us with "Open Your Heart" for so long -- the Drowned World overture, the leaked acoustic version from Sticky and Sweet studio sessions, the S&S 2009 sample during "Frozen" ...

And then we got that horrendous MDNA performance. Such a letdown.

I SO hope the majority of the stage production is from the Moment Factory and Michel laprise team again. Their arena staging was immaculate, Hopefully King just has another advisory and/or choreography type role (even if he's more hands on than the MDNA tour, which that tweet suggests) You can always tell King's BASIC stages and awful minimal lighting a mile-off. ^^ And that ridiculous pic with the photoshopped arms and red string is just hilarious.

I absolutely agree. I hope it's a "less is more" approach.

Lolz I always thought the crowd considered Open Your Heart a highlight on the MDNA Tour. It had a great energy, and while the music was different, it was sung in the original melody.

It was a highlight. If people want the album version on everything, go listen to the album.

Yep the Moment Factory and Michel laprise team should be there They created some of her most breath taking backdrops which really complimented her performances.

Yep the Moment Factory and Michel laprise team should be there They created some of her most breath taking backdrops which really complimented her performances.

Yes, they also knew how to incorporate great lighting design into the screen work, something King never was able to understand. It was that idiot who suggested getting rid of Peter Morse after DWT as well. Ugh, he's the worst.

I must be in the minority but I loved MDNA OYH performance.

I did, too!!! It was honestly one of my favorites from that tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

I did, too!!! It was honestly one of my favorites from that tour.

Same. The crowd loved it from my shows

Yes, they also knew how to incorporate great lighting design into the screen work, something King never was able to understand. It was that idiot who suggested getting rid of Peter Morse after DWT as well. Ugh, he's the worst.

It's his whole approach to everything. We all remember the RIT bagpipe conversation. "Just get someone to lip-synch it, no one will know the difference."

I enjoyed "Open your Heart" from the MDNA Tour but both my friends (who are casual Madonna fans, y'know the type that owns TIC, ROL and maybe one more album, never been to see her live etc.) who were with me at the London show were all "WTF" about it to be honest. Their memory of the MDNA show is a whole load of songs they didn't know, or old songs that had bizarre reinventions they didn't like, with 50 seconds of PDP that they loved and EY, LAP and Vogue which they went crazy for and wished the whole show was like that.

We've been over this one many times I know, but just saying....

I must be in the minority but I loved MDNA OYH performance.

Me, too.. When I saw the show live, "Open Your Heart" was one of the highlights for me, along with "Masterpiece" and "Like a Prayer". :)

I enjoyed "Open your Heart" from the MDNA Tour but both my friends (who are casual Madonna fans, y'know the type that owns TIC, ROL and maybe one more album, never been to see her live etc.) who were with me at the London show were all "WTF" about it to be honest. Their memory of the MDNA show is a whole load of songs they didn't know, or old songs that had bizarre reinventions they didn't like, with 50 seconds of PDP that they loved and EY, LAP and Vogue which they went crazy for and wished the whole show was like that.

OYH was just...okay. At least it was recognisable. But you have a song with THAT bassline and those kick drums and you turn it into a droning dirge? Just no. My abiding memory from Edinburgh is the whole stadium just keeping-on singing PDP while she did her HU intro thing :bad: Hopefully she heard it through her ear monitors.

That's what I meant when I said if she's going to sing her oldies then she should give them the proper respect they deserve and not reinvent them to the point of being unrecognizable and cut off short to boot. I think it's annoying to long time fans like myself as well not only casual fans. I can enjoy the new songs as much as the oldies, but please respect them and showcase them in a proper manner.

OYH was just...okay. At least it was recognisable. But you have a song with THAT bassline and those kick drums and you turn it into a droning dirge? Just no. My abiding memory from Edinburgh is the whole stadium just keeping-on singing PDP while she did her HU intro thing :bad: Hopefully she heard it through her ear monitors.

Could you imagine the bassline in a stadium, teasing the audience, building the anticipation and then of course that iconic " WATCH OUT!! " The whole thing would certainly whip 50,000 people into a frenzy.

But no, let's mix it up, reinvent it and empower people with, erm, SAGARRA JO!!! instead

:nocomment:

Could you imagine the bassline in a stadium, teasing the audience, building the anticipation and then of course that iconic " WATCH OUT!! " The whole thing would certainly whip 50,000 people into a frenzy.

But no, let's mix it up, reinvent it and empower people with, erm, SAGARRA JO!!! instead

and then half the crowd goes dead lol

Right? This is why I really hope WTG etc get a lil updating and all... but NO banging drums and didgeridoos and whatever other nonsense. These songs speak for themselves. Anyway, there's always something awesome to cancel out the not so good in her shows. Let's hope this Mike Dean brings something new and great to the table.

It was a highlight. If people want the album version on everything, go listen to the album.

:rolleyes: Quit trolling with this album version shit. No one said they wanted the album version. We just said the MDNA reinvention wasn't our cup of tea, for fuck's sake.

The acoustic demo that leaked from the S&S sessions is one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to see it done live on guitar. :inlove:

Vogue and LAP are two songs that should ALWAYS be included at this point, especially as she continues to visit new places. I don't care how boring people that have seen her 500 times find them.

THIS

+1

new places and LAP never performed in Australia

and for me specially with LAP is never enough, still waiting for a live album version (or MDNA version and energy, but only her voice without the singalong and with the Reinvention Tour finale would be perfect)

Edited by Crom

I'd die for "Skin," but I think we missed our shot for that in Drowned World. Would have been so good in the punk section :wow:

The best we can hope for now is a "Skin" sample / mash-up with another track, like what she almost did with "Impressive Instant" in Sticky.

Let's hope this Mike Dean brings something new and great to the table.

I hope so, too:

This is what he told The Fader:

"I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hats—all that shit."

Based on this, I think Madonna is taking an approach similar to the one used by Stuart Price when he served as musical director on the Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions tours, ie. most oldies will be performed in arrangements similar to the original versions, but with a more contemporary sound to better match the new songs sonically.

Still, I think we should expect a few drastical re-inventions..

Last, but not least, let's not forget that Kevin Antunes is still on board as Musical Director. At least he was on the promo tour.

I'd die for "Skin," but I think we missed our shot for that in Drowned World. Would have been so good in the punk section :wow:

According to Mike McKnight, who was part of Madonna's live band from 1990-2005, "Skin" was actually part of the initial RIT setlist as of 19 February 2004, when rehearsals started. A missed opportunity, indeed!

Later on, it was replaced by "Nothing Really Matters", which was eventually dropped in favour of "Frozen".

I do think some of the reinventions on the , et , reinvention your lacked some oomph, or vogue, express yourself , pdp and itg, they were all a bit Casio keyboard demo

Sticky seemed a step in TGS direction I thought with the band .

Last, but not least, let's not forget that Kevin Antunes is still on board as Musical Director. At least he was on the promo tour.

Oh, I thought he'd been replaced by Mike Dean. Antunes did ok on MDNA compared to the mash-up tour that came before, but he's had his time imo.

I'm sorry but I remember a lot of people going ape shit over the rock version she did of Borderline for S&S which IMO was decent, I mean for me Borderline is a classic for sure which I like fine but wouldn't really say it ranks as a favorite, so I didn't mind the S&S version as much, but OYH is such a feel good dance song which was not meant to be mixed with yodelling and stomping on apples

Oh, I thought he'd been replaced by Mike Dean. Antunes did ok on MDNA compared to the mash-up tour that came before, but he's had his time imo.

I initially thought so, too.. But then I remembered that he was part of M's Rebel Heart promo tour band. And I don't think he'd still be in the band if he'd been replaced as Musical Director.

We really need some official info on this!