Nile Rodgers on Madonna in Q Magazine.

Glindathegood

There was a cash for Questions feature with Nile Rodgers in the British music magazine Q. Someone wrote in and asked would he work with Madonna again and if so, what kind of record would he want to make with her.

His answer was he would, but it was up to her. He said it would be different from Like A Virgin and be a work of "non-fiction". He said he would like to do something that summed up everything she has done because her career would be amazing and it would be autobiographical.

I guess he hasn't heard Rebel Heart because isn't that what Rebel Heart is basically? It sums up a lot of her previous styles and is very self referencing to her past.

So that didn't really excite me with the idea of Nile working with her. It's as though he doesn't really follow her work now. I'm not sure what direction her next album should be but I think I'd like something different ,not just summing up her previous records. I'd like maybe a record more in one style, which she hasn't explored so far.

This may sound crazy but since her son likes classic rock like Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd. What about exploring that? It would be really different for her and might get people's attention! I love Rebel Heart but I feel a lot of the public was like oh another pop album from Madonna.

Nile adores Madonna. He was praising her and just answering the question asked of what kind of record he would like to make with her. I am sure he has listened to Rebel Heart. He probably just wants to do his own version with her.

I want her next album to be like her Howard Stern interview, to put in songs her formative years especially how she felt growing up in Michigan, it would be Like a Prayer put pushed further and focusing on feeling alienated then and in the end her whole life, like the track rebel heart and of course the Graffiti heart theme pushed further too. She has great stories to tell about her chilhood and teen years and Midwest and middle class america. She should team up with Sufjan Stevens.

You should just post the article instead of your review of it! :)

I would, but I didn't buy the magazine! I just looked through it in a store. It's a UK magazine and it's quite expensive in the U.S. It really isn't worth buying for just one paragraph on Madonna. And the article isn't on their website. Maybe someone from the Uk has the magazine and they can post it. I just thought it would be interesting to people and I would share what I read. Sorry I don't meet your standards for posting.

From a quick Google search, I managed to find what he said in the artcle

Friday, 10 April 2015

Nile Rodgers: Madonna is out of this world

Nile Rodgers can't remember much of his jam session with Jimi Hendrix as he was high on drugs.

Nile Rodgers thinks Madonna is extraordinary.

The pair worked together on Madonna's 1984 Like a Virgin album, with Nile producing the worldwide number one album.

He's eager to get back in the studio with the Queen of Pop, but says he'd have to reflect her new sound.

"I'd love to work with Madonna again. It would be nothing like [what] we did the first time around, it would be much more non-fiction [how Nile describes his sound]. It would be like what I did with David Bowie on Let's Dance," Nile told British magazine Q.

"I think at this point in her life she needs to do a record that's reflective of her entire universe. When you think about her career it's monumental! To me, that woman is extraordinary and that's the record I want to make."

As well as having hits with his band Chic, the 62-year-old regularly collaborates with fellow musicians. From vintage Madonna and Bowie, to Daft Punk's Get Lucky, Nile has worked with the very best in music.

He even jammed with Jimi Hendrix in his younger years, but can't remember a lot as he was tripping on acid at the time.

"Not much!" he laughed when asked what he could recall of the session. "I do remember him going at the end of the jam, 'Er, did anyone record that, man?' Of course no one had because we [early band New World Rising] were just there to jam. No one knew Hendrix was going to come in. I was just a teenager, but we were not intimidated one f**king iota - we could play our asses off!

"You have to put it in context. We saw Jimi a lot. Great guitarists were commonplace because we lived in the part of [New York's] Greenwich Village where everybody congregated."

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.874&article=163883

You really are an asshole. I thought it would be an interesting topic. Lesson learned. Next time I see something interesting about Madonna in a magazine, I will keep it myself. I thought this forum was about sharing, But I guess I'm doing it all wrong because I didn't have an exact source. Out of here, bitches.

omg, Glinda! All because you dared to critisize Boy and Barbra the ultimate King and Queen of Pop. :lmao:

How about a Boy and Barbara Streisand duet album of show tunes! Top seller!

Guest Pud Whacker

From a quick Google search, I managed to find what he said in the artcle

Friday, 10 April 2015

Nile Rodgers: Madonna is out of this world

Nile Rodgers can't remember much of his jam session with Jimi Hendrix as he was high on drugs.

Nile Rodgers thinks Madonna is extraordinary.

The pair worked together on Madonna's 1984 Like a Virgin album, with Nile producing the worldwide number one album.

He's eager to get back in the studio with the Queen of Pop, but says he'd have to reflect her new sound.

"I'd love to work with Madonna again. It would be nothing like [what] we did the first time around, it would be much more non-fiction [how Nile describes his sound]. It would be like what I did with David Bowie on Let's Dance," Nile told British magazine Q.

"I think at this point in her life she needs to do a record that's reflective of her entire universe. When you think about her career it's monumental! To me, that woman is extraordinary and that's the record I want to make."

As well as having hits with his band Chic, the 62-year-old regularly collaborates with fellow musicians. From vintage Madonna and Bowie, to Daft Punk's Get Lucky, Nile has worked with the very best in music.

He even jammed with Jimi Hendrix in his younger years, but can't remember a lot as he was tripping on acid at the time.

"Not much!" he laughed when asked what he could recall of the session. "I do remember him going at the end of the jam, 'Er, did anyone record that, man?' Of course no one had because we [early band New World Rising] were just there to jam. No one knew Hendrix was going to come in. I was just a teenager, but we were not intimidated one f**king iota - we could play our asses off!

"You have to put it in context. We saw Jimi a lot. Great guitarists were commonplace because we lived in the part of [New York's] Greenwich Village where everybody congregated."

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.874&article=163883

he loves her to death and has said he owes her his life. she helped him stay clean and sober.

NILE RODGERS THE MAN THE WHO MADE MY RECORD!!!

You really are an asshole. I thought it would be an interesting topic. Lesson learned. Next time I see something interesting about Madonna in a magazine, I will keep it myself. I thought this forum was about sharing, But I guess I'm doing it all wrong because I didn't have an exact source. Out of here, bitches.

Okay, you must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed or something. I was not nasty in my posts. You never clarified if you had bought the magazine or photographed it or whatever in your first post. I didn't know you only read it! I had only asked for you to post it because I think many people would have liked to have read the direct quotes. I don't see the big deal in that! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Guest Pud Whacker

Okay, you must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed or something. I was not nasty in my posts. You never clarified if you had bought the magazine or photographed it or whatever in your first post. I didn't know you only read it! I had only asked for you to post it because I think many people would have liked to have read the direct quotes. I don't see the big deal in that! Enjoy the rest of your day!

glindatheworst always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. usually the dreary martyr side. :lol:

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUUUUND!!! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...LA LA LA LA LA LA

Guest Pud Whacker

I love that song and I DEMAND she brings back the tambourine!

it just ended!!! i love it so much. she should always bust that out for one of her live8's, live earths, chime for change!!!

and now the tambourine!!! right now!!!

Nooo don't keep it to yourself. I for once appreciated your post :)

If it's that important to you, then you could have posted it yourself without going after me. It's like people don't trust you and think you are making things up. If I had seen online with a link of course I would just have posted that. I don't understand why people are so hostile and then I get attacked by the likes of Mr. Barbara Streisand for reacting.

So is there some rule that you can't start a topic about something interesting you read without a scan or a link? If that's the rule, then people show know. This is not a term paper that needs footnotes. I thought this was just a conversation among friends, but I can see now not everyone here is my friend.

:rotfl: You are WAY too sensitive! Sorry! Maybe step away from the computer? It's a gorgeous day here, I'm leaving to go for a bike ride. BYE!

I have seen Nile and Chic live a couple of times and they always do Like a Virgin ad it gets a massive singalong reaction. Even at Glastonbury.

He adores her. As he should.

Guest Pud Whacker
He constantly tweets about Madonna and is always positive.

of course. this was just another chance for glindatheworst to inject her disappointment with rebel hearts critical and chart performance, to get a jab at me and to climb back up on the cross where she thinks she belongs.

:rotfl: You are WAY too sensitive! Sorry! Maybe step away from the computer? It's a gorgeous day here, I'm leaving to go for a bike ride. BYE!

So it's my fault? If someone posts something interesting here, it would not occur to me to demand they post a link unless they are saying something unreasonable. I can't stand people like you who don't take responsibility for what they say and blame the person they offended.

I've never once said I was disappointed with Rebel Heart's commercial performance. I once said I thought the critical reviews could have been better, but I also said it got good reviews. I didn't have any hidden agenda. It just struck me as odd he basically described the exact record she made. It was just my off the cuff spur of the moment thought. And I never had in my mind any kind of agenda to get back at Mr. Pud Whacker. It isn't all about you.

The reaction to my post which I thought was interesting and to which I gave my honest immediate thoughts really shocks me. As I said in the future, I guess I have to think more carefully about what I post and do my research to find a link.

Glindatheworst is out of here. Sadly, Mr. PudWhacker has ruined this forum for me. Why is he allowed to endlessly bully people and people think he's cool.