April 10th 1985 The Virgin tour opening night in Seattle

Roland Barthes

thirty years WOW.

I was there, at the Toronto show in May 1985. had front row.

ive been hooked ever since.

Here are the pics that I took on my Kodak "disc" camera. I am reposting for those that might appreciate them.

they are grainy and out of focus, but they capture a moment that is priceless to me.

virg2.jpgvirg1.jpg

That's so cool. Look how close people could get to the stage back in the day, and that twink bouncer trying his darnedest to hold people back :)

virg2.jpg

virg1.jpg

I'll make an account on wiki, only if you let me use those amazing pictures (Do you have more of other torus???) I wanna get into wiki and work on M's articles, help better them up.

Gemini, those pics are incredible! Back in those days, security were militant about cameras, so to even get a camera into the venue was an achievement!

What an amazing experience to have! Have you been to ever tour? How many other Virgin Tourers are here? I'm thinking maybe Pud Whacker, but that might be it...

Thanks for sharing!!

CARTA you are absolutely right. We had to hide our cameras in our pants.

And every time we took a shot the flash would give us away. there was no option to

turn it off. haha.

good times. good times.

thanks guys.

im glad u all like the photos. im always surprised when people say they are great.

Today fans take such high definition photos that my fuzzy pics cant compare too.

because it's not about the quality of the pictures,in fact,there is something in them that makes you go there,to the shkw:the bounzer,madonna's image moved...simply,you were there!wow!

btw ROLAND..... im sorry, I didn't intend to take over ur thread with my pics.

was just wanting to share.

:thumbsup:

Don't be. It's not my htread, it's the Virgin tour 30th thread and you made us a wonderful gift ! In fact i wish a mod coul add *exclusive pics inside in the the title so members won't miss them. Thank you again.