The bitches from The View blast Madonna

Andra

I always felt that Beyonce is the boring safe princess wannabe queen that will always play her cards right in the view of the hetero community. She is that type of woman. A passive obedient woman that never dares to say a word about anything, always being warm and fake smiles. Just really not my (gay) type.

This

Beyoncè is the safe princessly pop star, she doesn't elicit many reactions as she is not supposed to

Slightly better than a Britney in this regard

I don't agree with that. They're always attacking her. She's always being slammed for being too sexual.

The same enemies Madonna has in the press hate Beyonce too. Roger Freidman a good example.

What's boring about Beyonce?

She's an amazing singer, an amazing dancer, amazing performer and she released her best album. I don't think a pop album has been that critically acclaimed since "Ray of Light".

What artist today is as close to Madonna besides Beyonce? Beyonce is in full control of her career. She funds her albums on her own - chooses the producers, the writers, the engineers, she controls and oversees every aspect of everything. Madonna said she knows every nail in her stage, Beyonce is the same way.

Beyonce is the only exciting thing in pop music today. She dropped an album at night and it sold almost a million copies without notice.

I feel like people who don't like Beyonce either don't like R&B or black talent or they want more "real" artists like Rihanna or goofy Katy Perry who can't dance and sound like shit live but that makes them "real".

the view....

i thought M was supposed to grace them with promo? Ghosttown would be perfect for that show and audience. And if any of those bitches start acting up like cunts she can say 'bitch, i'm madonna'

Beyonce's a sham, and anytime I try to vocalize my opinion on her, I get shut out by anyone and everyone around me. I HATE Beyonce, she's bland and tired.

I also hate how she constantly claims to be a feminist. Yes, a HUGE part of feminism is the ability to express your sexuality, but thats not the only thing. What about education, free speech, and empowering women in other ways besides sex? All of Beyonce's songs are about sleeping with Jay Z, or how she's "bad". That isn't feminism, and just because you flash the word for 5 seconds in pink letters during your VMA performance, doesn't make you a feminist. I really wish someone would stop her already. The hype she receives is so blown out of proportion. She really hasn't done anything legendary or helpful to the world.

Weren't people saying this about Madonna in 1992?

Beyonce is worth $500 million which is the equivalent to her husbands net worth, she stands side by side with him while her career goes through her own company Parkwood - every album, endorsement, licensing, DVD, tour goes through Parkwood, she makes partnership deals with every deal including her new Topshop deal which could make her a billionaire. And she's a happy wife and mother at the same time.

How is she not a positive representation of and for women?

Guest Rachelle of London

She's an amazing singer, an amazing dancer, amazing performer and she released her best album. I don't think a pop album has been that critically acclaimed since "Ray of Light".

What artist today is as close to Madonna besides Beyonce? Beyonce is in full control of her career. She funds her albums on her own - chooses the producers, the writers, the engineers, she controls and oversees every aspect of everything. Madonna said she knows every nail in her stage, Beyonce is the same way.

Beyonce is the only exciting thing in pop music today. She dropped an album at night and it sold almost a million copies without notice.

I feel like people who don't like Beyonce either don't like R&B or black talent or they want more "real" artists like Rihanna or goofy Katy Perry who can't dance and sound like shit live but that makes them "real".

I tried in the Beyoncé thread but there are peeps that insist Madonna is the only female artist that is in control of her own career. Just nod and agree it's a safer option :lmao:

I tried in the Beyoncé thread but there are peeps that insist Madonna is the only female artist that is in control of her own career. Just nod and agree it's a safer option :lmao:

I refuse, especially with Guy Oseary as her manager.

Beyawnce may have SOME say in her career, but who gives a fuck when it's been as boring as it is? 18 years of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Call me when she can captivate a stage without a weave and a wind machine.

As great as Beyonce is live, I'd never go to one of her shows. I feel like her shows veer into Michael Jackson schmaltz territory.

She works better as a visual - she's fun to watch on award shows and in her music videos which have slowly gotten better and better. And her last album was an impressive achievement.

But like I said, as much as I like her, I do get the sense that she's got some skeletons in her closet.

I went to the On The Run Tour last July. Yeah she had a wind machine and weave but that's all she needs. I think it was very stripped down compared to acts like Katy Perry and Gaga and Rihanna who put on circus acts to cover up their lack of talent. Bey's a great performer.

Michael Jackson was a shitty performer. He could dance but that was it. He lip synced like crazy and when he sang live he could barely get the words out. And whatever performance he did with one song, that was it. His concerrs were literally the same exact performances. Like imagine Madonna putting on a wedding dress and rolling around on stage for 30 years every tour. Madonna never let her iconic stuff get in the way of fresh ideas.

Edited by IDareUBambi

Beyawnce may have SOME say in her career, but who gives a fuck when it's been as boring as it is? 18 years of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Call me when she can captivate a stage without a weave and a wind machine.

Parkwood is not SOME say, it's the FINAL say. Columbia didn't even know when she was dropping the surprise album.

I don't agree with that. They're always attacking her. She's always being slammed for being too sexual.

The same enemies Madonna has in the press hate Beyonce too.

Beyonce is worth $500 million which is the equivalent to her husbands net worth, she stands side by side with him while her career goes through her own company Parkwood - every album, endorsement, licensing, DVD, tour goes through Parkwood, she makes partnership deals with every deal including her new Topshop deal which could make her a billionaire. And she's a happy wife and mother at the same time.

How is she not a positive representation of and for women?

I went to the On The Run Tour last July. Yeah she had a wind machine and weave but that's all she needs. I think it was very stripped down.

Parkwood is not SOME say, it's the FINAL say. Columbia didn't even know when she was dropping the surprise album.

Stan a bit lot, IDareUYawnce. :smooch:

wtf beyonce have to do with the VIEW? Is she taking over whoopis role?

It would be interesting to see her in a role where she'd have to speak for such extended periods of time, that's for sure.

I don't think this will turn into a backlash. Surely people can't be that stupid and Beyonce won't complain either to add fuel to the flames. She would most likely be stunned to think people can't see that Madonna was joking. Remember also that Beyonce kissed little Mercy at her concert and Madonna instagrammed the footage and called Beyonce Queen B. She praises her regularly. Such a nothing story and typical of the idiots on the view. Shame Meredith and Rosie are not still on that show. At least they had intelligence.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think this will turn into a backlash. Surely people can't be that stupid and Beyonce won't complain either to add fuel to the flames. She would most likely be stunned to think people can't see that Madonna was joking. Remember also that Beyonce kissed little Mercy at her concert and Madonna instagrammed the footage and called Beyonce Queen B. She praises her regularly. Such a nothing story and typical of the idiots on the view. Shame Meredith and Rosie are not still on that show. At least they had intelligence.

Exactly. And the press release for her album who did she speak the most about and cited as her inspiration....Madonna. And Chime For Change who did she request attend... Madonna. Who did she wish a happy bday in numerous instagram posts when she rarely posts stuff about other celebs...Madonna.The press like to create these imaginary feuds and its silly when fans feed into it. So sad. They even share the same stylist.

Beyonce is a predictable performer. Her shows are like her music videos, even less entertaining. She sings. She whips her hair back and forth. She may cry. Then cronk a few steps. Rptx1000000. Bey started believing her own hype. There is no entertainer right now whose image is so manufactured and carefully managed. She has no opinion on anything. She is safe. She is a feminist in that in a male dominated industry she has carefully constructed an image of power and influence albeit with the help of a man but as far as actions or quotes of any pop culture note...please. Beyonce can't afford to be controversial. She needs to be the darling of the media and public. I love that Kid Rock called her out. I am still waiting on any of the Beyhive to tell me what Bey's timeless signature track is that people will hum to 25 years from now.

Guest Rachelle of London

Anyone that is happy about anything Kid Rock has to say needs help. The man blamed Detroit's bankruptcy on Madonna :lmao: he's hardly the pinnacle of all knowledge and virtual nobody outside of Nebraska.

The idea that Beyoncè has this huge control over her career is simply not reflected in the way she carries herself in an interview, the things she talks about and doesn't talk about, her awareness of what's going on in the world or lack thereof so on and so forth. She was never one to contribute to any type of social/cultural discussion through her work, so in this regard she's not that different from any of the late 90s crop of Disney acts that we started seeing with Aguilera and Spears.

She and DC have quite a number of nice songs which are the product of a huge talent team hired by a corporate party but it's not like they weren't groomed since they were teens the way Spice Girls or boy bands have always been. The depiction that mostly Anglophone media provide of this woman is simply blown out of proportions. She hardly has any news currency outside of the US and the UK in terms of general interest/fascination outside music and her association to Jay Z. I can't see her doing a Le Grand Journal type of show to be honest.

But then again the current crop of pop stars share this common feature of keeping themselves clear of anything remotely political and not political strictly in terms of "politics". Britney's cringeworthy "I think we should have faith in the President's good judgement" and similar other examples come to mind again.

Now I understand this is probably heresy on this board for most members but it's the simple truth. I'm not saying she doesn't have a nice voice, she's also very pretty but in control and a one name producing/songwriting talent machine? not as much as the media would have you to believe.

The point here is another though, 4 hens from a US TV panel failing to read the humour through Madonna's lines and predictably running to Beyoncè's defence as if she needed any or does she? It just seems to reinforce the feeling that she's being "protected".

The same enemies Madonna has in the press hate Beyonce too. Roger Freidman a good example.

Oh please :rotfl:

On a Madonna board of all places

Let's talk real hard time given by the media, thank you

But maybe you were being sarcastic

Oh wow this thread has turned into bashing Beyonce :mellow:

Madonna was joking and they have mutual admiration. The problem is people absolutely don't get Madonna's sense of humour. If they did more than half of the controversies she got herself into would have never happenned. Thing is no matter what she says today it's always gonna get spinned to bash her because people are just out to get her.

The idea that Beyoncè has this huge control over her career is simply not reflected in the way she carries herself in an interview, the things she talks about and doesn't talk about, her awareness of what's going on in the world or lack thereof so on and so forth. She was never one to contribute to any type of social/cultural discussion through her work, so in this regard she's not that different from any of the late 90s crop of Disney acts that we started seeing with Aguilera and Spears.

She and DC have quite a number of nice songs which are the product of a huge talent team hired by a corporate party but it's not like they weren't groomed since they were teens the way Spice Girls or boy bands have always been. The depiction that mostly Anglophone media provide of this woman is simply blown out of proportions. She hardly has any news currency outside of the US and the UK in terms of general interest/fascination outside music and her association to Jay Z. I can't see her doing a Le Grand Journal type of show to be honest.

But then again the current crop of pop stars share this common feature of keeping themselves clear of anything remotely political and not political strictly in terms of "politics". Britney's cringeworthy "I think we should have faith in the President's good judgement" and similar other examples come to mind again.

Now I understand this is probably heresy on this board for most members but it's the simple truth. I'm not saying she doesn't have a nice voice, she's also very pretty but in control and a one name producing/songwriting talent machine? not as much as the media would have you to believe.

The point here is another though, 4 hens from a US TV panel failing to read the humour through Madonna's lines and predictably running to Beyoncè's defence as if she needed any or does she? It just seems to reinforce the feeling that she's being "protected".

Quoted for accuracy.

I also repeat...KidRock was absolutely 100% on the ball when he challenged the "world" as it were, to show him the substance in Beyonce and nobody answered. No one has put forth a sustainable defense other than to call him racist and bash him. His response with the rodent spray was excellent. I am not a huge fan of KidRock but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate when he makes sense.

Mind you, they are too busy running after Madonna's every word no one saw the subtle shade Rihanna threw Beyonce's way. After KidRock says that about Bey, Rihanna in her very next interview concveniently says that in her new album she is making "Timeless." music. Which got me to thinking, even Rih does not necessarily have a timeless track.

Quoted for accuracy.

I also repeat...KidRock was absolutely 100% on the ball when he challenged the "world" as it were, to show him the substance in Beyonce and nobody answered. No one has put forth a sustainable defense other than to call him racist and bash him. His response with the rodent spray was excellent. I am not a huge fan of KidRock but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate when he makes sense.

Mind you, they are too busy running after Madonna's every word no one saw the subtle shade Rihanna threw Beyonce's way. After KidRock says that about Bey, Rihanna in her very next interview conveniently says that in her new album she is making "Timeless." music. Which got me to thinking, even Rih does not necessarily have a timeless track? Oh well...this is not the place to discuss it.

giphy.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh wow this thread has turned into bashing Beyonce :mellow:

Of course it would :lmao: its the same everytime any artist is mentioned. Sad.