London O2 Arena

markm

That was the kind of shit that satisfied us back then. An interview of her wearing an outfit that some grandmother from Dublin, Ohio would wear to her daily trip to TJ-Maxx. Just hearing her say the words "DVD" or "new album" would give us material to talk about for 6 months.

Cut to 2013 when Madonna would show up to the Billboard Awards in lingerie, to the Met Ball in a black Uma Thurman wig and plaid punk outfit with a crucifix dangling 'neath her poon, to flashing a smile full of ugly gold jewelry at a Hard Candy Fitness opening.

AND THAT WAS IN AN OFF YEAR.

I can't! Esther was truly the worst! Makes Something To Remember/Evitadonna look scandalous and thrilling.

Guest ziggy

You can thank Guy Ritchie for the Esther years and I'm sure Madonna herself would agree!

He had an influence on her (and vice versa) but I don't think it was just him. Her "preachy librarian" image was a logical phase in the mellowing down process that started with Bedtime Stories and Evita, was taken to a new level during ROL and Music, and reached its pinnacle with AL and the children's books.

Firstly, she was blind drunk on Kabbalah and decided to stand on a soap box and preach it to the world. This was her priority. She was just not that interested in pushing people's sexual buttons, she was on a whole different mission.

Secondly, she wanted to look like a responsible parent to the world and prove herself she was one, so she tamed down her provocateur act and wrote a bunch of Kabbalah-soaked children's books. I think her public demeanor also stemmed from a genuine sense of wanting to protect her children.

Last but not least, she was trying to come to terms with her own fame. There was a tangible sense of an inner battle she was going through. She was too busy searching for her real identity to revel in sexuality. The process was first evident on ROL and it went on through Music and AL.

On COADF, she seemed to have found what she was looking for – she seemed to be in peace with herself both as a global superstar and a human being – and that's when she started basking in sexuality again. That was the end of Estha. Buh-bye librarian, welcome back sexually charged pop star.

The Estha era was often a bore, but there were still plenty of highlights: Live 8, the videos for AL and Hollywood, RIT. Artistically, she was often wildly creative, much more so than during her "gym" years (Hard Candy to MDNA).

In fact, her gyms are the modern equivalent of her children's books, and equally interesting as well :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

I compare Madonna and my mum because they are similar age and when my mum was in her 40s she went so boring. But now....she goes out more than me, dresses in things she wouldnt wear 10 years ago and is more fun. I think the 40s is just a boring decade for most women. Look at older stars they did seem to get back their "pazazz" in their 50s too. I dont think Guy Ritchie is to blame for M's image at the time. And isn't his fave era of hers Erotica anyway

what date are they talking about? i thougt theres only one 02 arena date for london

They are talking about dates the promoters provisionally booked/pencilled in.

The 2nd date hasn't been announced as yet.

posted on Madonnalicious

"3 London nights, 2 Birmingham 2 Glasgow are booked.

We may not see these now - so don't be surprised if additional countries pop up here and there. There will be at least 3 stages in rotation so they can logistically do it".

Guest Rachelle of London

I've heard from numerous reliable people that the 2nd London shows booked for Saturday 12th

You can thank Guy Ritchie for the Esther years and I'm sure Madonna herself would agree!

14770803__475691c.jpg

:lmao:

Definitely one of the all time worst. Though the photoshoot for this The Good Life-style Madonna was probably a parody of upper class Englishness in the first place.

I've heard from numerous reliable people that the 2nd London shows booked for Saturday 12th

That would make a lot of sense. A Saturday night show would sell better than another week day show.

I hope they don't put lots of packages on sale this time.

"3 London nights, 2 Birmingham 2 Glasgow are booked.

Just shows you how out of touch these stupid, money-grabbing fucks are. Thanks for taking our extra shows away from us!

Guest Rachelle of London

Guys I think they're releasing some of those shifty VIP tickets, I've just looked and some Glasgow tickets right at the front are coming up for £196

Just shows you how out of touch these stupid, money-grabbing fucks are. Thanks for taking our extra shows away from us!

Kim, Andi Feel from Madonna Tripe posted the info so i think its pretty reliable

I don't think the 2nd Birmingham and Glasgow shows will happen now. The casual fans and public aren't willing to pay the prices.

If they were a bit more reasonable they could have easily sold the 2nd dates. I think one more London show and thats it.

Kim, Andi Feel from Madonna Tripe posted the info so i think its pretty reliable

Oh I believe it. I'm talking about the idiots (live nation) that thought she'd sell out 8 shows at those prices when the first four are still far from sold out (except London...possibly) I mean WE could've told them that months ago.

Guest Rachelle of London

Wish the prices were in line with Europe. It's ridiculous. I can't even imagine how much the Aussie dates will be!!

They've probably figured by now they've shot themselves in the foot. 8 UK shows at normal European or even slightly higher pricing would have been a success. Right now we have 4 non sell outs.

Oh well, if the second London show is a Saturday then I'll probably go. I don't want to see just one show.

Guest Rachelle of London

My boss went to see Confessions and MDNA with his wife and even he said he's missing this tour because of how expensive it is. He's not on minimum wage LOL.

The casual Madonna fan has the disposable income but the prices they're charging. Eek

You'd go with that crowd? :shock::bad:

Well it would need to be REALLY good tickets, that's true :bad: Seriously, a second Glasgow date scuppered because of their shitty greediness. So annoying.

Guys I think they're releasing some of those shifty VIP tickets, I've just looked and some Glasgow tickets right at the front are coming up for £196

I've tried this a coupla times and keep getting block 011 row x which is basically the very worst seats on the floor right off to the sides (it's a wide floor) for £196 which is a joke.

Oh I believe it. I'm talking about the idiots (live nation) that thought she'd sell out 8 shows at those prices when the first four are still far from sold out (except London...possibly) I mean WE could've told them that months ago.

Of course babe sorry.

They have completley overestimated how much people are willing to pay. So many

younger people I know, people at work and relatives were interested in seeing her out of curiosity, but literally laughed at the ticket price. They would open to untapped audiences if they announced something like a £50-60 ticket price. I don't the mean shitty ones they have in sale at the top of two block on level 4 either!

Level 4 seats should be £70 at the most not £120.

If this tour turns out to be a hits tour ala RIT then maybe ticket sales might pick up once the word gets out.

The first show is in August so there still plenty of time. Once the reviews, concert footage and YouTube clips start doing the rounds

there maybe interest from casual fans otherwise some of these shows could end up being more intimate than they planned. .

I still say they should book her into Wembley Arena its 11-12k so I think ticket sales would be fine as its much more intimate

than the O2 .

Of course babe sorry.

They have completley overestimated how much people are willing to pay. So many

younger people I know, people at work and relatives were interested in seeing her out of curiosity, but literally laughed at the ticket price. They would open to untapped audiences if they announced something like a £50-60 ticket price. I don't the mean shitty ones they have in sale at the top of two block on level 4 either!

Level 4 seats should be £70 at the most not £120.

The thing is that they put Madge into that upper echelon of ticket prices far too soon in my opinion. Young people just couldn't afford or weren't willing to pay £160 tickets even for RIT/Confessions. And this was in the days of Number one singles and albums, it was unheard of for a popular chart act to charge those prices. I realise for the US she was starting to fade chart wise but back then It was only the wrinkly rocker brigade that had those ridic prices and then she joined their ranks...so now her live audience has grown older and older. I know we have some teens and early 20s fans in here but your average young concert goer has no clue about Madonna or her live reputation, and will balk at paying £120 to sit up the back tiers of an arena ....and now tickets just aren't selling the way they should. I mean we've got what? EIGHT sell outs so far? out of....forty odd? This is MADONNA we're talking about.