Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Woah everyone is super excited!

I will try to keep calm until this is 100% confirmed.

I knew if she was going to come here it would be AT LEAST 4 cities, maybe 5. (sucks to be Adelaide)

There was no way in hell an act as big as Madonna would play just Sydney and Melbourne :sassy:

So any further news, dates, venues ???

It would make sense to announce this at the same time as releasing the BIM video.

This means tickets could go on sale as early as 2/3 weeks from now… :ohmy:

I live in America and hell IM excited about this!! You guys have waited long enough and it's time the party came to your neighborhoods. Hoping this will be officially announced within a few days so we can learn all the details. I'd kill to go to a show down there just to feel the energy of the crowd but I'd feel guilty taking up a spot! Lol

Edited by James0479

More info. I have some good news and some bad news. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane confirmed and locked in. Definitely happening. Perth may not. Live Nation needs maximum yield per show to turn a profit and it's doubtful that they can fly the whole thing over to the West Coast just for a couple of shows at a mid-sized arena and still make money, considering the transport costs and how much $$$ Madonna and her team require. So it's likely now that Perth will be scrapped and the tour restricted to the East Coast, with Perth replaced by an East Coast winery show or shows. To me, this is absolutely crazy - I just can't imagine Madonna doing a f*cking winery show, it's the kind of thing a 'heritage act' does in their twilight years - but apparently some big artists have done it and wineries are increasingly becoming a major vector in the Australian concert market. Also, winery shows can easily host 10,000+ - in some cases over 20,000 - so the capacity is akin to an arena or even a small stadium. I'm still shocked at the idea though.

The other thing I can reveal is that the tour is ending in Australia, which is pretty cool IMO. There aren't many Asian dates and there will be no South American dates.

More info. I have some good news and some bad news. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane confirmed and locked in. Definitely happening. Perth may not. Live Nation needs maximum yield per show to turn a profit and it's doubtful that they can fly the whole thing over to the West Coast just for a couple of shows at a mid-sized arena and still make money, considering the transport costs and how much $$$ Madonna and her team require. So it's likely now that Perth will be scrapped and the tour restricted to the East Coast, with Perth replaced by an East Coast winery show or shows. To me, this is absolutely crazy - I just can't imagine Madonna doing a f*cking winery show, it's the kind of thing a 'heritage act' does in their twilight years - but apparently some big artists have done it and wineries are increasingly becoming a major vector in the Australian concert market. Also, winery shows can easily host 10,000+ - in some cases over 20,000 - so the capacity is akin to an arena or even a small stadium. I'm still shocked at the idea though.

The other thing I can reveal is that the tour is ending in Australia, which is pretty cool IMO. There aren't many Asian dates and there will be no South American dates.

Are the shows still in "Arenas" ?

I could see the "winery" show being at Hanging Rock.

Lots of great artists play there.

But Miranda, I mean Madonna don't wander into the forest/rocks… ;)

Hmmmm.....so what the fuck is she going to do in February then? lol I wonder if she's adding more NA dates....

Well, either she is adding South America - or the previously discussed Asian dates will fall during that time. That's my guess anyway.

EDIT: Per Ipex's comments above about no South America.

Are the shows still in "Arenas" ?

I could see the "winery" show being at Hanging Rock.

Lots of great artists play there.

But Miranda, I mean Madonna don't wander into the forest/rocks… ;)

HANGING ROCK would be to die for and possibly the ultimate venue for Rebel Heart tour! If Rolling Stones, Springsteen and Rod Stewart can play sell outs to 20,000 so could Madonna.

Winery tours are the best, everyone is drunk and would be no complaints of starting late or song lists ;)

I don't feel right about a winery tour....it's sounds so tragic. Please no lololol :lmao:

Oh San, you would love it :) winery tours are like a rave party for those middle aged and over the hill ( not that you are ) ;)

A winery show doesn't sound bad to me. Just a place that has wine and is probably an outdoor venue. It's just Slane (RIT 2004) with grapes.

To make the trek to Australia worth it, she should just do a combo of stadiums and arenas. Lord knows she could sell out every one of them. Why is that so hard?

New Zealand?

Mariah Carey did a few winery gigs late last year. I guess the risk in March is that it could rain (we don't tend to have stadium tours in March because it's autumn and the weather has already started to turn cold in the southern states). Actually....they might be thinking of making the Brisbane show a winery show, since it's not really cold in South East QLD then (but it can be really wet). They can only have winery gigs on weekends, though (for obvious reasons).

New Zealand?

Mariah Carey did a few winery gigs late last year. I guess the risk in March is that it could rain (we don't tend to have stadium tours in March because it's autumn and the weather has already started to turn cold in the southern states). Actually....they might be thinking of making the Brisbane show a winery show, since it's not really cold in South East QLD then (but it can be really wet). They can only have winery gigs on weekends, though (for obvious reasons).

I thought Hanging Rock in Victoria could get the Winery show, weather in March in Melbourne is still warm & Bruce Springsteen did 2 shows in March 2013 there & played to 17,000 a night!

I thought Hanging Rock in Victoria could get the Winery show, weather in March in Melbourne is still warm & Bruce Springsteen did 2 shows in March 2013 there & played to 17,000 a night!

Would love to see Madonna at Hanging Rock. I love Hanging Rock. Wineries are a lot more upmarket than people are thinking. :laugh: