Madonna Bests Paul McCartney As World's Richest Recording Artist

cosmic_system

madonna-epix-concert-movie-premier-650-4

Madonna tops a new list of the world's wealthiest recording artists, besting fellow 1 percenters Paul McCartney and Dr. Dre. According to Wealth-X's net worth valuation of the pop queen, Madge is worth a staggering $800 million.

That's significantly less than the one billion the New York Post valued her at in 2013, but it's far ahead of Sir Paul, whose net worth Wealth-X places at $660. For those of you who thought Macca had more scratch, keep in mind that his wife, Nancy Shevell, is worth a reported $300 million. So although the McCartney couple is worth more than Madge, the former Beatle isn't richer than her on his own.

Following McCartney comes Dr. Dre who -- despite that massive Beats deal with Apple -- is at No. 3 on the list with $650 million. Speaking of rap moguls, Diddy is the fourth-wealthiest recording artist in 2014 -- although at this point, both Dr. Dre and Diddy are more businessmen than active recording artists.

But keep in mind that this is a list of the world's wealthiest recording artists. When you include musicians as a whole, you open the list up to composers and theater moguls like Andrew Lloyd Webber -- a man worth around $1.2 billion. So clearly, Cats pays better than Beatles.

Here's Wealth-X's full list of 10 Richest Recording Artists. Amounts are in U.S. dollars.

1) Madonna $800 million

2) Paul McCartney $660 million

3) Dr. Dre $650 million

4) Diddy $640 million

5) Celine Dion $630 million

6) Bono $590 million

7) Mariah Carey $520 million

8) Jay Z $510 million

9) Elton John $450 million

10) Beyonce $440 million

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6334796/madonna-paul-mccartney-worlds-richest-list?facebook_20141202

wow, so she is officially the riches pop star out there male and female

Yep :queenbitch:

Im surprised to see celine but i guess she has made a killing in vegas

I'm even more surprised to see Mariah on the list tbh.

Guest Peaches

Wow! Impressive. She's the definition of success and a testament to hard work and determination. Not to mention: charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent

Guest Peaches

I'm even more surprised to see Mariah on the list tbh.

I agree, but Mariah did serious damage on the charts in the 90s and I think she had writing credit on a lot of those songs. Helps to be married to the boss of your company I guess.

Maybe cuz she's a songwriter?

Maybe. I have a really hard time seeing her as a songwriter honestly. She can sing but doesn't seem to have actual musical talent. And we know her team used HUGE payola since the very beginning of her career so i wouldn't be surprised if her songwriting credits were a fraud.

At least they put her on top, but she's so much richer than that.

:chuckle::thumbsup:

When you have sold 300m copies throughout 30 years that alone has made you at least $700m unless anyone tried to tell you that an artist of her stature has been making $1 for every single copy sold for the past 30 years, an absurdity obviously.

Add to that merchandising revenue, licensing, TV rights, $160m worth of endorsement deals over the past 15 years alone, her WB/Maverick share, an art collection valued at around £90m ($150m), her $120m LN deal and her cut of $1.5bn worth of touring gross and it puts her well past the $1bn mark, even after all the expenses and taxes of this world

Anything less than $1bn is a joke, these lists are useless anyway and so contradictory. There was an article in RS magazine in 2000 stating she was worth $600m THEN, so there's no way that almost 15 years later and after all she's accomplished in that time she's "merely" $200m richer

Dude, why should the mega millions of others make us happy? :rotfl:

Well, it looks like everybody is sad because they should say she's worth MORE. It's a fucking positive article about her, I'm not saying we should celebrate the mega millions. It's a forum, we talk about this shit all the time. Duh.

Well, it looks like everybody is sad because they should say she's worth MORE. It's a fucking positive article about her, I'm not saying we should celebrate the mega millions. It's a forum, we talk about this shit all the time. Duh.

Exactly, so the fact other people have a different opinion to you shouldn't bother you.

2eznqjc.jpg

Nobody is sad cosmic :lol: It's just that these lists have little credibility to begin with, that's all. But yes let's celebrate, who cares as you say. It's just a bit hilarious when they SUDDENLY aknowledge the fact that she's the richest musician in the world when BY NOW it's just common knowledge/sense when all things are taken into account

The day someone reported she was worth $1bn, 5 minutes later Forbes magazine published an article to deny it :lmao:

So people reactions are not so much "she's worth more" (even though she obviously is) but more about "DUH, now you're finding out about this" (you as in the publication, not you cosmic :D )

You're the one not interested in it but still talking.

Just saying. Ciao!

Yeah, I started talking to you since you quoted me. :horn:

Anyway, we should be positive with all this fabulous Madonna news. :smooch:

Guest gang bang

Mariah is on the list because her Christmas song is played on the radio every year :laugh:

[/quote

--------------------------------------

pariah has not 520 m , also an artist doesn t earn so much money because royalties

Madonna s classics like like a prayer , into the Groove , are more played around the world than pariah s xmass song

not only Madonna s classics are more played , like 10000000000000000000000000000 real classics too , more than just a xmass classic

It's not an issue, but I 'm pretty sure she's worth MORE!.

The likes of Mariah & Celine on that list proves it.

#1 Madonna (most likely) has/had better record (publishing) deals throughout her career, she SOLD more & she has writers credit.

#2 She destroys all those bytches in terms of ticket sales & merchandising

#3 She' s a better business woman & her investments of which we know nothing must b HUGE

#4 Her art collection alone would b worth at least one fourth of the number quoted of that list.

1) Madonna $800 million

2) Paul McCartney $660 million

3) Dr. Dre $650 million

4) Diddy $640 million

5) Celine Dion $630 million

6) Bono $590 million

7) Mariah Carey $520 million

8) Jay Z $510 million

9) Elton John $450 million

10) Beyonce $440 million

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6334796/madonna-paul-mccartney-worlds-richest-list?facebook_20141202

Rich bitch!

0-MADONNA.jpg

BpF67JbIIAA_SI3.jpg