Is YCD the 1st remix-album of all time? OF ALL TIME!

acko

Like answer me...

Best-selling remix albums of all time 1- Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix - Michael Jackson
(Released on 1997)

2- You Can Dance - Madonna
(Released on 1987)

3. J to tha L–O! The Remixes - Jennifer Lopez
(Released on 2002)

4 - Shut Up and Dance - Paula Abdul
(Released on 1990)

5- The Remixes - Mariah Carey
(Released on 2003)

6- Reanimation - Linkin Park
(Released on 2002)

7- Disco - Pet Shop Boys
(Released on 1986)

8- Metamorfoz Remixes - Tarkan
(Released on 2008)

9- B in the Mix: The Remixes - Britney Spears
(Released on 2005)

10- Never Say Never: The Remixes*- Justin Bieber
(Released on 2011)

NOW EXPRESS YOUR LOVE CHILDREN OF DEMONNA!

You+Can+Dance+-+2.jpg

I always read that it was, but the B-52's put out a remix album in 1981. It seems to be forgotten about in the grand scheme of things, but it was out 6 years before YCD.

The Pet Shop Boys also put out a remix album in 1986.

Good one. There's was the most innovative, too.. Human League was instrumental/dubs. Some early remixes sounded nothing like the original, such as The Police's Don't Stand So Close To Me, they completely changed the arrangement which I suppose isn't new cuz Aretha sang melodies her way, not resembling the original.

YCD did open the floodgates for similar diva projects - Jody Watley, Tranet, Paula Abdul et al.

Tranet's came out before Madge's too. I think YCD was on the books in 1986 but wasn't released until November 1987. The Control Remix album came out in early '87. Obviously Madonna's was on a larger scale and attracted more attention, but technically "Control: The Remixes" was out first.

Good one. There's was the most innovative, too.. Human League was instrumental/dubs. Some early remixes sounded nothing like the original, such as The Police's Don't Stand So Close To Me, they completely changed the arrangement which I suppose isn't new cuz Aretha sang melodies her way, not resembling the original.

YCD did open the floodgates for similar diva projects - Jody Watley, Tranet, Paula Abdul et al.

Tranet's came out before Madge's too. I think YCD was on the books in 1986 but wasn't released until November 1987. The Control Remix album came out in early '87. Obviously Madonna's was on a larger scale and attracted more attention, but technically "Control: The Remixes" was out first.

YCD was definitely due out in late 1986 as I went in to buy it but they'd released Open Your Heart instead. You can see from the catalogue number that it was due for earlier release but then was delayed.

Seeing the top 10, i really don't understand how a J-Lo remix album could've sold so much. Not surprised to see MJ n°1 though.

Her "remixes" (basically new songs) were the only thing people liked by her and she fraudulently sold her "albums" which contained the wrong versions, so finally when they put out a remix album it was big.

I thought JOld had the biggest seller but I forgot about Jacko. And I'm glad that Madge outsold her and thank god they delayed it till 87. True Blue was just TOO big to do that.

Her "remixes" (basically new songs) were the only thing people liked by her and she fraudulently sold her "albums" which contained the wrong versions, so finally when they put out a remix album it was big.

I thought JOld had the biggest seller but I forgot about Jacko. And I'm glad that Madge outsold her and thank god they delayed it till 87. True Blue was just TOO big to do that.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Chaka Khan - Life Is A Dance in '89ish with some of the worst, butchered remixes I ever heard. Duran Duran had their Night Versions EP

Duran Duran released Carnival in the US which was a mini album of remixes in 1982

Imagination had a remix album called Nightdubbing in 1982. Howard Jones released a 12" album in 1984.

They really missed a trick by not releasing Veronica Electronica... it would have easily sold a few million off the back of Ray of Light. They could have released it to coincide with "Nothing Really Matters" to wrap up the era and pave the way for Music a year later. But I guess she got busy with "Beautiful Stranger" and, er, The Next Best Thing.