Did Madonna have a 'peak'?

madgemusic85

She was deff on top of the world from Like a Prayer to Blond Ambition to I'm Breathless & Vogue 89-91

yeah... maybe that's why Janet is very much annoyed with her... when Janet first came up with Control, True Blue and Who's That Girl was so massive that Janet wasn't able to hog the limelight... then when she came out with Rhythm Nation, MADONNA again is riding high with Like A Prayer all the way down to Justify My Love... be that as it may, Control and Rhythm Nation were superb albums even Janet. and the Velvet Rope, included...

She had several peaks

84-85: She personified pop culture and at that moment in time THE 80's. She was the it-girl & peaked commercially.

1990: LEGEND

1998-2001: New commercial peak, at the height of her critical acclaim, respect & admiration from the general public.

...is the way I see it. :fag:

She had several peaks

84-85: She personified pop culture and at that moment in time THE 80's. She was the it-girl & peaked commercially.

1998-2001: New commercial peak, at the height of her critical acclaim, respect & admiration from the general public.

If there was a like button, I would press it now! :madgemanson:

even in her "low periods" she has remained relevant....even more so in present day.

I can list female singers today, or at least in the past 15 years who are influenced by her.

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Fergie

Nicki Minaj

Rihanna

Beyonce

Katy Perry

Lady Gaga

Miley Cyrus

yeah... maybe that's why Janet is very much annoyed with her... when Janet first came up with Control, True Blue and Who's That Girl was so massive that Janet wasn't able to hog the limelight... then when she came out with Rhythm Nation, MADONNA again is riding high with Like A Prayer all the way down to Justify My Love... be that as it may, Control and Rhythm Nation were superb albums even Janet. and the Velvet Rope, included...

I almost forgot that Control and True Blue came out the same year.

Guest SecretGarden

She's had such a high standard throughout all her career, every era is wonderful but if I had to pick one "peak" then it's definitely Like a Prayer/Blond Ambition/Truth or Dare. She was in top form in every way imaginable.

i gues for each decade we had one pick and i guess now we will have another one.

she somehow each decade has Transgression, Prophecy, Masculine/Feminine and Redemption parts :D

if you know what i mean...

Low sales album, big sales album, huge hit, out of charts hit, a scandal, a controversy, tours tours tours and movie/s.

i dont know why but after MDNA (which tour was great) i feel we are going to get a great success album when everyone will nonstop talking about her....like it happened with coadf or before with rol or before with lap or before with tb

She had several peaks

ACKO knows the deal. :fag:

i gues for each decade we had one pick and i guess now we will have another one.

she somehow each decade has Transgression, Prophecy, Masculine/Feminine and Redemption parts :D

if you know what i mean...

Low sales album, big sales album, huge hit, out of charts hit, a scandal, a controversy, tours tours tours and movie/s.

i dont know why but after MDNA (which tour was great) i feel we are going to get a great success album when everyone will nonstop talking about her....like it happened with coadf or before with rol or before with lap or before with tb

Do you think her next album's influence will like Ray of Light??

I believe she had four peaks so far:

1985/86 - Four #1's hits in America, biggest album of her career in America, media overexposure, wannabes, tabloid wedding, Poison Penns, SNL, DSS, Macy's Madonnaland... she WAS 1985. TB became her best selling album in the world at the time,she was played constantly on the radio.

1990/91 - Fresh off the most talked about tour of the past year (Blond Ambition), her biggest #1 single worldwide up to that time (Vogue) and a hit movie (Dick Tracy), she is banned by MTV, hits #1 with JML, sells a ton of copies of TIC, JML the video-single becomes a best seller, releases TOD which becomes the highest grossing documentary at the time, goes to the Oscars with MJ to have her rendition of SOL win an Oscar for Stephen Sondheim, graces the cover of The Advocate (which became news all over the world) and what to me is the peak of that era, this performance becomes eternal:

Which is probably her most watched performance ever worldwide (Super Bowl is not a worldwide event).

1998/99 - Her re-birth, the acclaim, the recognition of her talents (finally), motherhood, the Grammys, the first VMA video of the year, the media is in love with her again.

2005/2006 - COADF was her last peak so far (IMHO) and a minor one since the US wasn't along for the ride. But she was played everywhere else and sold a lot.

She had several peaks

I don't need to say anymore. This is perfect.

Though I sometimes consider 2005-2006 as one too, maybe a minor one. But the global success of HU and COAD was a pretty amazing feat.

It always seemed like in the US that it was LAV era, TB, & LAP albums & BA tour. Agree that she was receiving so much publicity around Erotica/Sex that it felt like one of her peaks.

I think in several parts of Europe ROL was definitely one of her peak periods, but not sure if it competes with M early success there.

She had several peaks

THIS.

COADF was almost a peak. But it wasn't.

She had several peaks

This is how I see it, too.

g5b.gif

I keep thinking this thread is about Madonna peaking at some man's D

:lmao:

:lol: She just consulted Webster's big, red "D", and...

1ccffe252a5051d6ec06bf986989bee7.jpg

1peak noun \ˈpēk\

: the pointed top of a mountain

: a tall mountain with a pointed or narrow top

: something that looks like a pointed top of a mountain

a : the highest level or greatest degree

vs.

1peek verb \ˈpēk\

: to look at someone or something secretly especially from a hidden place

: to look at something briefly

: to show slightly : to be slightly visible

intransitive verb
a : to look furtively
b : to peer through a crack or

:elite:

I keep thinking this thread is about Madonna peaking at some man's D

:lmao:

That's exactly what I thought as well.....lol. I was like..."a peak at whose what?"