Any Interest in a Madonna Top 50?

Mooncrown11

I was wondering if there would be any interest in doing an Madonna Nation Madonna Top 50? It's something I organized for the past few years when I was on the Absolute Madonna forum and it was great fun to see everyone's lists and how they might change from year to year or when new music was released. It's pretty basic-everyone who wants to participate would post their top 50 M songs in order and then I would take the results and assign a point value to each vote depending on where the song ranked on each list. I would leave the voting open for a good couple of months to give everyone a chance to come up with their list and then I would count them down 10 each day complete with fan artwork and stats about the voting. I think it would be really interesting to do here as there is a lot of activity and participation. However, being relatively new , I'm not sure if you already have something like this in place and I don't want to steal anyone's thunder so please let me know if there is a similar tradition already.

What do you think of this idea?

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

You could do it, mooncrown, but you're gonna have VERY big shoes to fill. This thread is ICONIC.

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=43906

Wow! Nicely done! I especially like the personal stories and reflections for each song - very nice touch!

I'm a little wary now if I try to follow that up:o

I'd like to see a Top 50 singles only countdown, where everyone has to provide their top 50 singles. It's more manageable and reflective of the forums tastes. If album tracks are included then the pot is too big and it only takes a few people with dodgy tastes to send some random album track up the list.

I'd like to see a Top 50 singles only countdown, where everyone has to provide their top 50 singles. It's more manageable and reflective of the forums tastes. If album tracks are included then the pot is too big and it only takes a few people with dodgy tastes to send some random album track up the list.

But her singles do not always represent her full artistic potential. There are so many album tracks that are up to par with some of her greatest singles but are often overlooked by the fact that they're not singles, which is a shame.

I understand your reservations about opening this up to all songs but I think it can work without going too off track from reflecting the forums' tastes . Also, it looks like the one that Whoop conducted last year was focused on the singles only so I wouldn't want this to be too redundant.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I will try doing the Top 50 and see how it goes. Hopefully we can get a lot of participation.

I'll try to get this going in the next week or two and I'll leave it up for awhile to give people time to think and vote.

One problem with us long term Madoona fans: Everytime I go back and listen to a Madonna album, my Top 50 changes. She has so many songs, and so much diversity in her recordings that my Top 50 would be evolutionary. I would love to see which specific recordings would get the most votes though.