Was Hard Candy ahead of its time?

Lymon

Wendy Melvoin (of Prince's old band,The Revolution) is playing that funky guitar on "She's Not Me".That's why Madonna and Pharrell call out her name.

A friend made me listen to a demo Madonna did with Pharrell and the singer/rapper Eve during the Hard Candy session and it's fantastic, she only sings the chorus but it's very summery with an accoustic guitar playing over a typical Pharrell production (close to the first Beat goes on demo with claps) "This beat is so crazy....it makes me want to let go, and totally forget today, i'm better off anyway". Eve does not rap on it but sings which is pretty rare too. AND NO I DON'T HAVE IT (i wish i did though). After having it played for me twice it got stuck in my head, a real earworm.

This is actually true...this demo is out there. A person who I traded outtakes with, sent me a list of all the unreleased things he has and this demo was listed..

There's another word, like "iconic," that gets thrown around far too often. I wouldn't even consider my favorite song from HC a "classic," let alone CS. I'm not even comfortable calling "Hung Up" a classic. "Music," sure.

HU is a bigger classic and bigger hit than Music, for sure.

Wendy Melvoin (of Prince's old band,The Revolution) is playing that funky guitar on "She's Not Me".That's why Madonna and Pharrell call out her name.

and you can feel wendy is playing the guitar, that woman is marvellous

^ I'm guessing he means it was a bigger international hit? But either way, her performance history of "Music" alone proves she thinks otherwise. I think it encapsulates Madonna's career a lot better than HU.

her performance history of "Music" alone proves she thinks otherwise. I think it encapsulates Madonna's career a lot better than HU.

Totally. Hung Up is definitely the 3rd biggest single of the 00's, I'll say that :fag:

Hard Candy is life! I feel sorry for the fans that dislike it. There's only so much ROL a person can take.

Thank you! If you are into a R&B sound HC is the album for you, I loved it from the beginning since I love the sound, were it took me a while to warm up to COADF. I will say that the kids went up for hard candy here in ATL, they would even play it at the clubs. I had a friend that left Madge after evita and came back cuz of HC. I don't see the need for debating, madonna has had 12 (13?) albums and they are all different. It all depends on the sound that you are into. So yes, to me HC is life also!

and you can feel wendy is playing the guitar, that woman is marvellous

yes,she is marvelous! Wouldn't mind hearing her guitar on more Madonna songs in the future.

Totally. Hung Up is definitely the 3rd biggest single of the 00's, I'll say that :fag:

Music was pretty big hit but HU was a jackpot. And it works even without the sample (see MDNA tour).

It has the essence of Madge lyrics: "time goes by so slowly" and tick tick tock.

^ HU was terrible during MDNA. That sample is EVERYTHING. It's really a shame the way she's performed it on the last two tours. She's great at reinventing old songs (just look at how she keeps turning out "Music" in new and fresh ways), but I don't think she knows what to do with HU.

Isaac, are you referring to 4M as the second biggest? Because let's not get carried away!