AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread 2

Camacho

No, on my way to primary school. I am in grade 4 ;) currently studying the three r's: reading, rhythmatic and riting

Ah, that explains so much!!! ;) No wonder you're posting a lot at the moment - school holidays! :thumbsup:

I think that's more on a indication of no competition for new music DVD releases at the time - it's the same mix of devoted fans and the remaining casual fans picking it up along with collectors like me who bought the DVD, Blu Ray and DVD/CD combo - there is still demand for Madonna to tour Australia but as I said, fans will expect to see all the hits they have never seen live

Ah, that explains so much!!! ;) No wonder you're posting a lot at the moment - school holidays! :thumbsup:

There's always time for Madonnanation, in between finger painting, smoking behind the shelter shed and standing in line at ticket-master for front row concert tickets to Confessions on a dance floor tour at the MCG. Hoping to get golden circle tickets- fingers and toes crossed.

Good luck, Ivy! I can't condone the smoking, though - that will see you suspended!

Matt - I actually don't think any artist has a rock solid large fan base any more, to be honest. Look at Lady Gaga. She couldn't do a thing wrong a few years back, yet ARTpop has really struggled here and won't produce a Top 10 single for her. Madonna was 28 years into her career before this happened to her in Australia.

Kylie is currently struggling with her singles in Australia now. "Into The Blue" is classic Kylie, yet it didn't even reach the Top 40.

Katy missed the Top 10 with "Unconditionally" (not just here, but in most major markets), although "Dark Horse" proved that there's still major interest in her.

P!nk used to be able to score 5-6 major hit singles from an album, but now 3-4 seems to be the maximum.

One Direction's "Midnight Memories" has limped into the Top 50, after two big hit singles. In the old days, their fans would have bought it in droves.

All of the acts mentioned above tour regularly, so there's no correlation for them between sales and touring frequency.

Radio's refusal to play Madonna's new material has more to do with her diminishing sales in Australian than her lack of touring here. The MDNA singles would have been embraced by radio if they'd been by other artists, but because they were Madonna singles, radio programmers weren't interested. This could end up being an issue for the Avicii collaborations, too (irrespective of how hot Avicii is right now). It will be interesting to see what happens.

I had a dream last night that I got mail delivered from Guy. One was a ticket for LA. The other was 2 tickets for events but they didn't have any info just dates and places.

Then Madonna's clothes music etc started to be used a lot on tv that week. Rumors stared circulating Madonna was touring here THIS WEEK. In my dream I was crying hysterically and screaming telling everyone.

I woke up pretty exhausted hahahaha

Poor Carly :(

I rarely dream about Madonna, but when I do, I'm usually getting a sneak peak of music that I've never heard before. I'd like to be able to claim that the music I hear appears on a subsequent album, but alas, it never does! :(

haha carta that would be awesome to dream about!

tax return will be going straight into the already untouchable "madonna fund"

This might sound strange coming from me who growing up slept surrounded by M images - I've never ever dreamt of her sadly

Same, I even read that stupid book: I dream of Madonna, having people tell their madonna dreams and still zilch. Though I did get to dream of a python last night slithering around my workplace, woke up on a sweet :)

• 2 weeks later...

The exact same thing happens to me; fan for 25 years and collector but never dreamt about her or seeing her live.

I'm one of the Aussies too who has never seen her. I was so upset in 2012, I had hundreds of dollars saved for the best seats possible and she never came. Her apology did sound quite sincere and you could tell she meant it.

You can't get angry with her, she's not your typical pop star. She's a living legend, the best selling female artist of all time in every major market. She's not U2 or the Stones but they are the only acts that come close to her status. We might have got a tour but with EXTREMELY high ticket prices to make up for the profit and a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford to go, so maybe it's best we wait.

All that said, half of me thinks 'haven't we given her millions already? And multiple number one albums and singles? I've got a Bulletin article from 1994 about her Girlie Show earnings and she only pocketed 1.5 million per show then and she was happy to tour so what is she expecting now? 5 million a show?

Did anyone watch the Modern family episode set in Australia tonight. Every stereo type of Australia was there including the dreadful over the top accents that they think we all talk with. Even had a dingo stealing a laptop, a kangaroo punching Phil in the face and bikies on remote roads. :lmao:

I look like my uncle on my dad's side (like George does) and my brother looks like my uncle on my mum's side. My dad's brother was living in England for a year before I was born (so no funny business there!), and my family isn't from Tasmania, so it's all just genetic! Genes are incredibly powerful!!! :)