Madonna Hard Candy promo show at the Roseland Ballroom

MerGirl

The Roseland Ballroom is closing soon, so let's remember it by watching this ICONIC performance by the one and only TRUE queen of pop and life in general.

Dedicated to Isaac Harris

She's SUCH a hot bitch. UGH :wow:

The Music finale was top notch. Notice her energy in every single move. She was ecstatic to be away from Mr Ritchie; after being cooped up in that damn English Castle for so long, HC was her chance to be free again & dust off her pussy.

2008 was THE year of Madonna.

I like the different arrangement of what essentially went on to be the tour performances. The hair and outfit are great though.

It seems Miles Away was pegged to be a single from the start - I don't understand why Warner didn't let her put out Candy Shop as a promo single or a taster or whatever. 4 Minutes was going to be a hit come hell or high water.

I was wondering yesterday - were any other HC tracks ever planned to be singles? Promo or otherwise? Were there any remixes commissioned or anything at all?

Totally. I even had an elaborate hypothetical music video for it & everything :dead:

I also had some ideas for a video, it could have been epic.

Hard Candy as a whole is so underrated. It's not her best album for sure but it's also not the total piece of trash people (including some Madonna fans) pretend it is.

The Roseland Ballroom is closing soon, so let's remember it by watching this ICONIC performance by the one and only TRUE queen of pop and life in general.

Dedicated to Isaac Harris

Wow. I hadn't watched this since it first happened. Egads, I remember fans being soooo angry with that rock rendition of "Hung Up." (Those anti-"HU" threads must still be here on Nation somewhere.

I forgot that Justin made an appearance here. I recall thinking that she'd perform "4 Minutes" at the Superbowl since it was the perfect venue for the warped marching band track, but then I remember that Justin is banned for life, so no way she was going to trot that out.

I wish she'd put a strong emphasis on the Pharrell tracks from this album / era. The whole project seemed like it came out five years too late, but the Timbaland tracks seemed particularly lazy.

Was she lip-syncing that show? I'm not sure :(

I remember she sang the verses and mimed the rest on GI2M, but the rest of the show was live (someone correct me if I'm wrong) :)

I love the Hard Candy Promo Tour (and HC as well, totally underrated)!

Edited by Vogue992

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the dancers spent weeks rehearsing for this, and Madonna only spent 2 days learning all the dances :wow: 8)

She's SUCH a hot bitch. UGH :wow:

The Music finale was top notch. Notice her energy in every single move. She was ecstatic to be away from Mr Ritchie; after being cooped up in that damn English Castle for so long, HC was her chance to be free again & dust off her pussy.

2008 was THE year of Madonna.

It so was. It so was. It was her chance to be wild again, and wear all the funky and outlandish clothes she wants. She let the freak back out! :wow:

I like the different arrangement of what essentially went on to be the tour performances. The hair and outfit are great though.

It seems Miles Away was pegged to be a single from the start - I don't understand why Warner didn't let her put out Candy Shop as a promo single or a taster or whatever. 4 Minutes was going to be a hit come hell or high water.

I was wondering yesterday - were any other HC tracks ever planned to be singles? Promo or otherwise? Were there any remixes commissioned or anything at all?

Don't know if others remember, but I recall when HC was just released that a NY that radio station played candy shop, beat goes on, 4M, & possibly MA. I also remember hearing on another NY radio station at the time--- D2N & GI2M remix.

I know the album has been polarizing for long time fans, but I'm surprised HC wasn't more of a commercial success in the states.

Loved the album then, love it now, so much more than the album that preceded and followed it in fact :lol:

It's funny because I feel HC is one of her least innovative & original sounding albums, but it has been one of the albums that I've played most from her. HC & M first album always helps to get me in a good mood!

I loved her look in 2008 and her outfits remained very consistent right up until the end of the year, lots of black, the gloves, big sleeves, bow ties on almost everything, lots of toned skin under sheer black, those thigh high black boots, the mermaid hair, the way they did her eye make up. She looked so fresh. I loved the Cynthia McFaddon interview, the salmon pink dress from Cannes, her outfits at Guy's premiere and her birthday. Her tour costumes remained consistent as we'll and I particularly liked the chunky gold necklaces from Give It 2 Me, her bday, and the pink version's for the La Isla section of Sticky.

Could someone post pics of all her public appearances that year?

I remember so many fans being so negative about this at the time.

Still have no clue why.

The forum back then was very polarized towards this whole era, and frequently nasty with leftover theothersnore ASSHOLES setting the tone and shouting everybody down that had anything positive to say. I remember even appreciation threads would turn into gross trashfests. :manson: I dreaded visiting the forum back then! Good riddance to them!

I remember every press review praised this show. This show was a lot of fun in person!