Gay Times mag celebrates 25 years of Like A Prayer

johnnox

In this month's Gay Times magazine, I wrote a feature on Like A Prayer's 25th anniversary.

HUGE THANKS to the people here who put the LAP timeline together - I had just a morning to pull this feature together and this place was INVALUABLE when it came to links etc. Apols if in my haste there are any errors.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Yeah, I'm not really supposed to post a readable version while the magazine is out. Gay Mags are an endangered species!

Good point!

Just thought with your disclaimer you thought we would have been able to. But I guess you were talking to those who purchased a copy. :)

Johnnox, great to see you promoting Madonna and celebrating one of the best albums ever. Like Jacket though, I can't read the writing but understand why. Perhaps you can post this again when the magazine's new issue comes out.

LAP was definitely a very influential album and even ground breaking in the history pop music. There are also so many artists from the eighties that have had less well known albums remastered and rereleased for their anniversary. I just continue to be pissed and disappointed that no rerelease for LAP album and BAT DVD/Blue-Ray. :angry: I guess it was great that Truth Or Dare was rereleased, but it would have been a special treat if there were additional rare extras on the Blue-Ray.

Great job! A few pics of a blonde Madonna during this era would have been great. If only to show that LAP was so very diverse and most importantly was the birth of Blond Ambition Madonna which is obviously when she reached icon status.

Well done! Truly deserves the anniversary recognition.

Can't read writing that tiny though.

fork over the $3.50 for the magazine, honey littles. it needs support and would be great in your collection.

Guest Pud Whacker

In this month's Gay Times magazine, I wrote a feature on Like A Prayer's 25th anniversary.

HUGE THANKS to the people here who put the LAP timeline together - I had just a morning to pull this feature together and this place was INVALUABLE when it came to links etc. Apols if in my haste there are any errors.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Must be refreshing writing about A REAL STAR and A REAL ALBUM on A REAL FORUM.