Can we please appreciate the amazingness that is HISTORY?

MPowered

This song is beyond amazing! It's such a great anti-war, world-peace song that doesn't come off as cheesy or anything. I will never understand why this wasn't part of COADF. It's better than most songs on the album, which is hard because the album is pretty close to being perfect.

Anyway, I think this song, if actually released as a single could've been a major hit. Probably a bigger hit than Get Together, Sorry or Jump. And let's not talk about Hey You, which is a cheesy hybrid of Heal the World, HIStory, and Keep the Trance. THIS SONG WOULD'VE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER!

This song has got to be one of the best dance songs I have ever listened to. Great lyrics with a good message, great production and just all in all AMAZING! Show some love, people!

Oh, and I'm talking about the "Land of the Free" version, not the Stuart Price Remix, which was released as a b-side to Jump.

History.png

I love the bonus tracks, period. We got so much.

Fighting Spirit - Bonus track on special edition

Super pop - ICON exclusive

History - bside

Then we got Keep The Trance and Triggering, as well as the demo of GT and ILNY.

All were great. But I can't see any other song being added onto the album or replacing a song.

Triggering IMO is the only one being single worthy. But COAD is such an unconventional dance album, that lyrically, it would be out of place. Maybe if they had rereleased the album, it could have worked.

History does have potential. But tacking it on somewhere would just make the album too long. I love it though. I love the aggression and the anger and the hope in her voice. Good opening and good ending. I love both versions too.

I don't think this song could ever be described as amazing.

Agreed. Its semi-enjoyable. But everyone has their own taste.

This song is definate album material and whoever said that it's better than half the album is dea on, It's fantastic and that's a big call because the album is pretty fucking amazing. There are so many versions of it though, I'm not sure of the name of the one that I like, I'm retry sure it's not the Jump B Side tho, hate that stinker of a version. Great dance song and so not cheesy considering the subject matter.

I prefer History from the Jump single. The vocals are better IMO.

They're really hard to sing in the car though

I agree, it would be perfect to close the album with a positive message, didn't have to replace any song, it should have just been added at the end.

Great dance track, great message, now my question is who produced it?

The b-side ugly version is supposedly Stuart Price's so then who made the amazing dance version (land of the free)?

Stuart Price.

Yeah that makes sense, for me the dance version sounds like the rest of the COADF Stuart Price tracks. I am only surprised that if he made the dance version why would he choose to make an ugly version to it (b-side version).

I think the b-side is actually the first version and the dance versions are his remixed versions. Kind of how they did other COADF tracks (first a semi-acoustic version then a dance remix).

I think it's the opposite. The b-side is a remix, and the "land of the free" ones was the version that could have appeared on the album. I always assumed the b-side was remixed sometime after the albums release, like in 2006.

I think it's the opposite. The b-side is a remix, and the "land of the free" ones was the version that could have appeared on the album. I always assumed the b-side was remixed sometime after the albums release, like in 2006.

Oh ok, well they dance versions are much better, IMO.

I think it's Madonna's best unreleased track, at least the only one that could have really been a good album track.