Happy 14th Birthday "The Next Best Thing"

horn

Although I like the TNBT soundtrack, she should've fought a lot harder to be in "Chicago". This film wiped out all her Hollywood goodwill from "Evita".

I can't believe that it's been 14 years already

Also, I saw it opening weekend with my girlfriend at the time I live in New Jersey and it was pretty warm and tropical at the time

Is it me or are winters longer and more brutal than they used to be?

Global Warming is bullshit!

I think it's her worst movie. I like Certain Sacrifice even better than this. It's a shame because the director is amazing. He said that she basically ruined the film with furious demands in changing the style, plot, screenplay and all. I really wish she simply let him direct her instead of the other way around. If she wants to direct she should do it on her own. WE was a masterpiece in my opinion.

She's just so damn awkward every time she delivers a line and, though it was very kind of them to employ a visually impaired lighting director, she looks like shit throughout much of the film as a result.

The final nail in her movie career-coffin. This is the worst film she ever did.

There's no novelty factor

There's no it's so bad it good

It's just shit.

It's basically a cheap tv-movie, & the whole gay thing is quite pedantic imo.

I think it's her worst movie. I like Certain Sacrifice even better than this. It's a shame because the director is amazing. He said that she basically ruined the film with furious demands in changing the style, plot, screenplay and all. I really wish she simply let him direct her instead of the other way around. If she wants to direct she should do it on her own. WE was a masterpiece in my opinion.

Actually Rupert said in his book Schlesinger was asleep half the time & didn't know what he was doing :chuckle:

I think after Evita they just agreed everything she wanted.

And to think she rejected Chicago movie and ROL Tour and Veronica Electronica for this?

At least:

Sanghai Surprise she was beauty,

Who's That Girl was fun,

Body of Evidence she was sexy,

Swept Away she was total bitch.

But here? Just bland and ugly. Tacky plot too.

Still, even some Oscar winners had worse.

I have fond memories as I attended the premiere in Leicester Square and as was stood about three feet away from me giving a speech before the film started

Although I like the TNBT soundtrack, she should've fought a lot harder to be in "Chicago". This film wiped out all her Hollywood goodwill from "Evita".

I agree