What kind of unofficial release is White Heat?

karbatal

I was surfing through the most expensive Madonna vinyls at Ebay and found this silly one: White Heat, with

A1 True Blue (The Color Mix Extended Version) A2 La Isla Bonita (Extended Super Mix) A3 Where's The Party A4 Jimmy Jimmy A5 Live To Tell (Edit) B1 Papa Don't Preach (Extended Remix Version) B2 Open Your Heart (Extended Remix Version) B3 Love Makes The World Go Round B4 White Heat

R-1870024-1313348602.jpeg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-White-Heat-12-LP-WHITE-VINYL-New-Full-Length-Album-/121238993959?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c3a683c27

What's the use and why do people buy these things?

It's one of several from Mexico that also includes Prayer Dance. They're on eBay quite often. Some bootlegs are really cool but I still wouldn't spend a lot on them. However, for some reason the Mexican Secret picture disc is considered a rare collectors item even though it's a bootleg. Sells for around 500 dollars!

I read somewhere that Sire wanted to release 7 singles off True Blue, knowing that Madonna was gonna do a big tour in the summer of 87.

However, while filming Slammer (later retitled Who's That Girl) it was decided, after the box office flop of Shanghai Surprise, that Madonna would record a few songs for the soundtrack in order to ensure the success of the WTG film.

Thus both Where's The Party and White Heat, the would be 6th and 7th singles off True Blue, were scrapped in favor of Who's That Girl and Causing a Commotion from the WTG soundtrack

I wonder how well WTP and WH would have fared on the singles charts and I also wonder how many more copies the TB album would have sold with 7 "hit" singles.

I read somewhere that Sire wanted to release 7 singles off True Blue, knowing that Madonna was gonna do a big tour in the summer of 87.

However, while filming Slammer (later retitled Who's That Girl) it was decided, after the box office flop of Shanghai Surprise, that Madonna would record a few songs for the soundtrack in order to ensure the success of the WTG film.

Thus both Where's The Party and White Heat, the would be 6th and 7th singles off True Blue, were scrapped in favor of Who's That Girl and Causing a Commotion from the WTG soundtrack

I wonder how well WTP and WH would have fared on the singles charts and I also wonder how many more copies the TB album would have sold with 7 "hit" singles.

not to mention we probably might have got another two videos!!

If there ever was a time and a album Madonna could have pulled off 7 singles it would be the TB album in 1986/87.

Another example that M could have more many more singles and hits.

I've never heard that before. In fact, I remember going to buy you can dance but open your heart was on sale instead. The catalogue number of ycd confirms it was due earlier than when it was released the following year so they had extended the release schedule but seven singles is pretty unheard. Jacko did it but no one else really.

They could have very easily released WTP for you can dance but they didn't . Spotlight didn't even get released except in Japan.

I've never heard that before. In fact, I remember going to buy you can dance but open your heart was on sale instead. The catalogue number of ycd confirms it was due earlier than when it was released the following year so they had extended the release schedule but seven singles is pretty unheard. Jacko did it but no one else really.

They could have very easily released WTP for you can dance but they didn't . Spotlight didn't even get released except in Japan.

Yes, somehow they didn't cash in YCD as they could. Maybe better, because WTG was pretty near and there wouldn't have been a gap between projects!