Post pics of your Madonna vinyl here!

Guest Lum

I have several hundred - I need to actually count them at some point but I have at least 4 or 5 variants of each single and album. Given she's had around 70 singles that' must be 500+

:bow:

I have several hundred - I need to actually count them at some point but I have at least 4 or 5 variants of each single and album. Given she's had around 70 singles that' must be 500+

Why? :lol:

I wasn't being funny it was like a real question. Like, why do people collect things? I don't get it.

Try to see it this way. You own her studio albums (I hope :chuckle:) and if for example you don't have True Blue, you feel like something is missing and your studio album collection doesn't feel complete. Now put that on a larger scale.

I don't collect her every release, but I can only admire people who do it. It takes a lot of dedication (and money :lol:)

Try to see it this way. You own her studio albums (I hope :chuckle:) and if for example you don't have True Blue, you feel like something is missing and your studio album collection doesn't feel complete. Now put that on a larger scale.

I don't collect her every release, but I can only admire people who do it. It takes a lot of dedication (and money :lol:)

Yeah but it's kind of different. I guess some might see single artwork as part of her work but you know often it had nothing to do with her. :lol:

I wasn't being funny it was like a real question. Like, why do people collect things? I don't get it.

I agree. I'm a former collector addict. The only thing I have left in my life is my Madonna shit.

How do I let go of it? I don't want it. If I could meet a serious Madonna collector, who I could give to and I knew they'd treat it well - I'd give it all away tomorrow.

How do I find one?

I agree. I'm a former collector addict. The only thing I have left in my life is my Madonna shit.

How do I let go of it? I don't want it. If I could meet a serious Madonna collector, who I could give to and I knew they'd treat it well - I'd give it all away tomorrow.

How do I find one?

Why not sell it and give the proceeds to charity?

I absolutely love the different covers, extra tracks, promos etc.

I suppose it comes with being older. When she started, all you could get was a single or album and an occasional interview.

The thing is, You hardly saw the videos in full and never saw foreign interviews or performances. All you had were records and a few magazine covers to look at. They are really special and each piece holds lots of memories. She's one of the most collectible artists too so one day I may sell some of it on.

The internet has made it easier to access anything in her career anytime and I don't think younger fans understand how little you got in the first ten years of her career so collecting was a way of getting more Madonna in my life. The sire record label is such a big part of my life!

I suppose it comes with being older. When she started, all you could get was a single or album and an occasional interview.

The thing is, You hardly saw the videos in full and never saw foreign interviews or performances. All you had were records and a few magazine covers to look at. They are really special and each piece holds lots of memories. She's one of the most collectible artists too so one day I may sell some of it on.

The internet has made it easier to access anything in her career anytime and I don't think younger fans understand how little you got in the first ten years of her career so collecting was a way of getting more Madonna in my life. The sire record label is such a big part of my life!

:tigger:

I once had a mint 12 inch vinyl set of the red fever promo mixes. it was stolen by a member of icon that i went to visit. i never tried to get it back after questioning him. i just let it go and ended my friendship with him.

How do I find one?

Give it all to me

How do I find one?

I would happily take some studio album vinyl off you :D i only have confessions onwards :(

I feel exactly the same way.

My vinyl collection never really started as "I'm going to collect everything and keep it in mint condition because it's gonna be worth something.." I was 8years old when I started buying Madonna's music and vinyl was/is my chosen format. Although I have replaced most of the originals for more of a mint condition quality, the ones that I bought new upon their release I played the HELL out of and they all still show it.

I saved my allowance or did extra chores to buy singles or albums.

As a teen, i used to call the WEA (Warner Elektra Atlantic) office in Dallas to find out about upcoming releases (dates, formats, etc.) and by making friends with the sire/warner reps I got a lot of free promo-only stuff like record store promo flats and posters, but i also got the DJ only pressings of Fever on red vinyl and Bedtime stories on pink vinyl... and it was all free because it was promo. Thats when I really started my "collection". My best friend gave me all her picture discs from trips to England with her mom, so I have a few of those too.

Since then, I just started getting stuff from eras that I found underrepresented in the US market, or just to have every format of an era... I'm still working on it. LOl.

I'm rounding out my You Can Dance collection as we speak.

How do I find one?

I'm raising my hand as high as I can

It's the same for me, i started buying vinyls because cd didn't exist or was too expensive. Later, i bought cds, but decided to buy some vinyls too. Now, i try to get everything in those 2 formats (whenever it's possible).

I never bought 7" though, only 12" and albums.

How do I find one?

Ooh hand it over to me! :voiceofreason: