My friend sat behind Madonna in a restaurant on Friday!

Guest Lum

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna doesn't like it when people invade her space when she's on her down time, and rightly so. That's what I love about her. No fakeness

I have a confession to make...in January my mom took my family and myself to NYC for my 30th birthday. As per usual when I'm in NYC I like to have a walk past M's place(don't judge me!). I'm not waiting for her or expecting her to ask me in for a cup of teas as M has put it in the past. I just for myself like to get any idea of where she exactly lives and and idea of what she sees on a daily basis. Call me creepy and weird if you must. I actually saw Carlos and Lola get out of a cab right in front of her old apartment building on a prior trip. Then Lola came walking down the street right toward me and I got a rush of anxiety and crossed the street immediately. Anyways, this trip I had a walk past Madonna's new townhouses and it was just as the sun was going down so the blinds were still open! I could see into some of the rooms on the front of the house and was just delighted to see the wall colors and decorations(probably just security rooms or something). It just makes her seem so much more real.....because most of the time she just seems like a goddess or entity so it's nice to see something more normal and everyday in her life. And then......my boyfriend and I continued on our way around the corner and who do we see walking toward us? Rocco with david! I just stared forward and tried to not make eye contact as we got closer to them. It was very cool to see them in person though. Some how Madonna seems to always elude me! I have no problem spotting her kids though! Anyways....just thought I'd share! Spare me the lecture of invading her privacy. I don't wait outside her house.....just walk past. Also, If I ever were to see Madonna walk out I know better then to say hello!

I have a confession to make...in January my mom took my family and myself to NYC for my 30th birthday. As per usual when I'm in NYC I like to have a walk past M's place(don't judge me!). I'm not waiting for her or expecting her to ask me in for a cup of teas as M has put it in the past. I just for myself like to get any idea of where she exactly lives and and idea of what she sees on a daily basis. Call me creepy and weird if you must. I actually saw Carlos and Lola get out of a cab right in front of her old apartment building on a prior trip. Then Lola came walking down the street right toward me and I got a rush of anxiety and crossed the street immediately. Anyways, this trip I had a walk past Madonna's new townhouses and it was just as the sun was going down so the blinds were still open! I could see into some of the rooms on the front of the house and was just delighted to see the wall colors and decorations(probably just security rooms or something). It just makes her seem so much more real.....because most of the time she just seems like a goddess or entity so it's nice to see something more normal and everyday in her life. And then......my boyfriend and I continued on our way around the corner and who do we see walking toward us? Rocco with david! I just stared forward and tried to not make eye contact as we got closer to them. It was very cool to see them in person though. Some how Madonna seems to always elude me! I have no problem spotting her kids though! Anyways....just thought I'd share! Spare me the lecture of invading her privacy. I don't wait outside her house.....just walk past. Also, If I ever were to see Madonna walk out I know better then to say hello!

peeping_tom.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Awww. This is why I miss m being in London, it wasn't uncommon to be walking around and spot her assistant, the kids or even the Queen herself round Marylebone. I remember when m and guy cycled past me and my sis on the Edgware Road. Ahhh memories.

Is the new NYC property as massive as it seems in pictures. I swear I've read it's the widest property in the city.

Awww. This is why I miss m being in London, it wasn't uncommon to be walking around and spot her assistant, the kids or even the Queen herself round Marylebone. I remember when m and guy cycled past me and my sis on the Edgware Road. Ahhh memories.

Is the new NYC property as massive as it seems in pictures. I swear I've read it's the widest property in the city.

Its like the width of three large townhouses put together. In fact I think it was once three different townhouses converted into one. It is very large for a one family townhouse in New York. I can't say it looked gigantic in person though. I'm sure the ground floor is reserved for security.

Edited by shale101

I've never even seen her house IRL I think i'd feel awkward about visiting celeb neighbourhoods etc. I mean, good for some fans or tourists, but that's just how think I would personally feel.

of course when you live in the same area or go there a lot like you rachelle back in london and you see her cycling it's kinda cool. I also don't think it's strange when fans are curious about the house she lives in or just wanna take a look, maybe with a group of fans being silly it could be fun, just to pass by.

maybe it's because I live in a country where the whole idea of "celebrities" seems so far away. I have a very "give them their moment of peace" attitude about it. I could never go to a celeb and ask for an autograph (unless there were like 20 other people and the artist doesn't seem to mind, then maybe..)

even watching rehearsals before her concerts is a bit strange to me. because the edge & star magnetism kinda disappears for me.. I know a lot of fans love to see her in normal clothes and rehearse and get excited but after the first few minutes of seeing her, I remember talking to my friends and not even paying attention to Madonna. I like the idea of M being this unapproachable "bigger than life" icon. I like the mystery around her. and that goes for any star.

Guest Rachelle of London

I've never even seen her house IRL I think i'd feel awkward about visiting celeb neighbourhoods etc. I mean, good for some fans or tourists, but that's just how think I would personally feel.

of course when you live in the same area or go there a lot like you rachelle back in london and you see her cycling it's kinda cool. I also don't think it's strange when fans are curious about the house she lives in or just wanna take a look, maybe with a group of fans being silly it could be fun, just to pass by.

maybe it's because I live in a country where the whole idea of "celebrities" seems so far away. I have a very "give them their moment of peace" attitude about it. I could never go to a celeb and ask for an autograph (unless there were like 20 other people and the artist doesn't seem to mind, then maybe..)

even watching rehearsals before her concerts is a bit strange to me. because the edge & star magnetism kinda disappears for me.. I know a lot of fans love to see her in normal clothes and rehearse and get excited but after the first few minutes of seeing her, I remember talking to my friends and not even paying attention to Madonna. I like the idea of M being this unapproachable "bigger than life" icon. I like the mystery around her. and that goes for any star.

Completely understand this. And I think it definitely has a lot to do with you living where you do. As I grew up in London it wasn't rare to see celebs on the tube, on the streets, restaurants etc. however I do think the mystique of a star like Madonna makes them who they are. Considering she's the most famous woman in the world, she has never opened up to the world, even nowadays with Instagram and all that we still don't know her in the sense we do other celebs and that's how I like it.

I would never approach her in public though. I'd be so scared and don't think it's fair.

Completely understand this. And I think it definitely has a lot to do with you living where you do. As I grew up in London it wasn't rare to see celebs on the tube, on the streets, restaurants etc. however I do think the mystique of a star like Madonna makes them who they are. Considering she's the most famous woman in the world, she has never opened up to the world, even nowadays with Instagram and all that we still don't know her in the sense we do other celebs and that's how I like it.

I would never approach her in public though. I'd be so scared and don't think it's fair.

Yeah I can imagine living in London is very different when it comes to celebrities and just the whole attitude and atmosphere about it.. it probably gets normal after a while. I don't think I've ever seen a paparazzi in my country but when I came to London I saw a whole bunch of them for Matt Damon already on the 2nd day :lmao: