WHAT ABOUT: Santiago 2012

Apples388

Question: in that Cordoba show... ¿she went away and came back AN HOUR LATER with the rest of the show? For real?

Yes! :-)

I was there - it was insanely weird. In most of the stadium no-one knew what on earth was happening when the sound and video screens suddenly went off.

I made a video about what happened - you can watch it here:

CordobaMadonnaTVPic2.png

http://www.madonna-tv.com/2013/02/cordoba_26.html

Jamesy's video footage of Cordoba is the best we have there, many people don't yet understand how weird and amazing that experience was! Thanks Jamesy for documenting all that! you still have something you are preparing from that night?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I perversely love the idea that she removed the segment because she was unhappy, I think it was actually because it was the first show after Newtown. The shooting happened five days before Santiago on December 14th. As we all know, Transgression was full of guns and provoked controversy around the world because of it. Remember the press shitstorm over Denver because of the movie theater? It would have been ten times worse with the political climate then. I'm sure she just decided to remove it in order to not seem disrespectful to the victims.

Edited by Fuzzy Dream

But she did it all over the US after

The South America dates were the very last of the tour - Santiago was the second to last show. MDNA's US leg ran from August 28th in Philadelphia until November 20th in Miami. The shooting occurred on December 14th.

The South America dates were the very last of the tour - Santiago was the second to last show. MDNA's US leg ran from August 28th in Philadelphia until November 20th in Miami. The shooting occurred on December 14th.

That was sandy hook. Aurora was in July boo (July 20, 2012). She did it in every US city like a G. Even Denver.

Wasn't MDNA Edinburgh the first show after one of these shootings?

I just remember because Edinburgh city council had seemingly given Madonna a warning not to do the gun routines. She did anyway, of course. Haha :)

Wasn't MDNA Edinburgh the first show after one of these shootings?

I just remember because Edinburgh city council had seemingly given Madonna a warning not to do the gun routines. She did anyway, of course. Haha :)

Yes and she got a lot of negative press for it

As everyone has already said, the SANTIAGO debacle happened because she was ill.

NEXT !

Guest Rachelle of London

Yup it was Edinburgh. The show was on The Saturday, whereas the shootings were on the Friday? I remember the press trying to twist it that Madonna included the gun routine into the show because of the shootings. How ridiculous

Yup it was Edinburgh. The show was on The Saturday, whereas the shootings were on the Friday? I remember the press trying to twist it that Madonna included the gun routine into the show because of the shootings. How ridiculous

I wonder if the ridiculous press played a part in her coming on late and cutting out some songs in Edinburgh.

I think Santiago got screwed more with the whole opening section missing, still wish I was there...I can't imagine what would have gone through my mind seeing the proper start.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder if the ridiculous press played a part in her coming on late and cutting out some songs in Edinburgh.

I think Santiago got screwed more with the whole opening section missing, still wish I was there...I can't imagine what would have gone through my mind seeing the proper start.

No the council threatened to fine her if the show carried on after 11pm. She did quite a late a lengthy soundcheck in Edinburgh so really she could've been onstage a bit earlier. In London she finished soundcheck about 4:30 and was onstage at 8:30 on the dot. Don't see why they didn't do the same in Scotland. :( the press were so. Ridiculous at the Edinburgh shows though.

• 1 month later...

No the council threatened to fine her if the show carried on after 11pm. She did quite a late a lengthy soundcheck in Edinburgh so really she could've been onstage a bit earlier. In London she finished soundcheck about 4:30 and was onstage at 8:30 on the dot. Don't see why they didn't do the same in Scotland. :( the press were so. Ridiculous at the Edinburgh shows though.

No I remember all the press about her having to end on time, the council wanting to ban sale of alcohol before to the show or something silly like that...just with the whole who ha about the guns etc, dunno it she came on late as she was a bit like whatever, just thinking about it, I doubt that was the case as I'm sure if someone tells M she she should do something, would just make her more determined to it, bit like the request of please don't swear during the live radio 1 broach cast of Blond Ambition from Wembley Stadium

I guess she made up for Edinburgh with that extra extra long soundcheck but I still don't see the problem with getting on stage 15 minutes earlier There's no way they would ban alcohol or anything daft like that - by the time I got there they'd already ran out of those lil bottles of WINE :rotfl: and the council said the next day they would NOT have cut her off, but there would have been a fine. Next show in Dublin which also had an 11pm curfew, she played the full thing despite the appalling pouring rain... so who knows. I do think they were caught off-guard tho with McCartney or whoever it was actually having the plug pulled mid song the week before in dreary old London. But THESE poor fans getting perhaps the best section cut out of their show? :phoneslut:

I wonder if she will rectify this for the Rebel Heart 2015 tour.

MY QUEEN will play the Hydro Arena in Glasgow next year. Oh yes. And she will experience the jumping crowds and famous "here we...here we... here we fucking go!" chants every good artist receives as she belts out elctrodance reworks of her classics. Well, THAT, or bottles of piss flung at her as she crows her way through a polka version of Mother and Father :bad:

MY QUEEN will play the Hydro Arena in Glasgow next year. Oh yes. And she will experience the jumping crowds and famous "here we...here we... here we fucking go!" chants every good artist receives as she belts out elctrodance reworks of her classics. Well, THAT, or bottles of piss flung at her as she crows her way through a polka version of Mother and Father :bad:

I have FAITH my darling, I have FAITH.

I went out for a run today and concocted a segment from the Rebel Heart Tour 2015 which will have a holy trinity of songs that comprise "Physical Attraction", "Rescue Me" and "Jump" :wow:

Oh and of course those electodance classics I mentioned will be sandwiched between the brand new club classics to come from Rebel Heart that will set fire to clubs all across the world and have all the top DJs salivating to play and remix them. Oh Yes.

That trifecta of fabulousness sounds wonderful. Oh to finally hear Madge bark out Rescue Me live for the first time....

R E S C....U E ME Only you can Rescue Me! :hurt: Hey Hey HEEEEEEEY!!! :hurt:

And every crowd would KNOW IT with it's inclusion on IC :wow:

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't notice there was a thread dedicated to the infamous Santiago date.
I was there, it was even more frustrating than you guys think.

- The sky was pouring with rain in the middle of december (usually one of the hottest months of the year over here).

- She was fucking pissed during the soundcheck. This may or may not have been due to the fact that the stadium was almost EMPTY at that point. Because of the rain, most people got there around an hour before the show was 'supposed' to start. I would say the poor guy smoking was just a scapegoat (The rain was too heavy for the smoke to matter).
- She started the show around 4 hours later than announced.

- It was fucking cold and everyone was wet, underdressed and freezing their balls off. Some were leaving at that point.
- She cuts off the entire Transgression section and you should have seen our faces. Everybody was frozen by then, literally and figuratively.

- The press was nuts. It was all over the news, and the general public was outraged. Some fans too. Drama queens everywhere were swearing off Madonna and at the verge of a nervous breakdown. The heat of the moment, I suppose.
- During the next couple of days, the National Service for the Consumer (SERNAC) received THOUSANDS of complaints and demands for refunds and every Madonna fan in town came down with the flu...

I might be an idiot, but I don't regret the experience. It became a funny anecdote for us. Having said that, in that moment I was angry as fuck. The S&S tour was an out of this world experience, so I spent a lot of money inviting two of my best friends to this gig and they were really excited for the first section.

Edited by s7ven