How do you get awesome concert tickets?

nobody_knows_me88

I've only been to 3 madonna concerts, 2 for MDNA, 1 for S&S, all in Chicago. I've always been on Ticketmaster the second they go on sale. For MDNA, I got decent seats, but there were still a good 8 rows back from the end of the catwalk. And actually, that was just for 1 seat.

When she goes on tour next, I really want to get an awesome seat, ideally 2 for me and a friend. How do you go about getting those seats right up on the catwalk, or even just one or two rows away? You know, close enough to really see the detail when she comes close.

From my experience, people who know how to get such tickets don't usually share their secrets... I wish I knew! Pre-sales help, though... And there's always eBay, if you're willing to pay more.

Guest Not4Pussies

As for me, I saved my tax money and bought one expensive single ticket in the front row. I did it for sticky and sweet and mdna. And I won pit tickets through icon.

I've also had luck buying tickets up to a week before the concert, but it is a gamble... no guarantees! I love the general admission tickets over here in Europe, such a better system than in North America. The real fans get the front row and they are cheaper than floor seating tickets.

I've also had luck buying tickets up to a week before the concert, but it is a gamble... no guarantees! I love the general admission tickets over here in Europe, such a better system than in North America. The real fans get the front row and they are cheaper than floor seating tickets.

Yeh... All concerts I've ever been to have had general admission on the floor, some times with a Golden Circle.

Guest ditaluver

honestly, unless you know someone (friend/family) of the show, entourage, owners of venue, their friends, etc.......THEY usually get those best seats on the lower level sides and around the catwalks, etc

for BA Houston - I had a friend who worked for ticketmaster and we still only got lower level directly in the back - as soon as they went on sale. I had to choose between M and six Flags. HELLO!

for DWT Vegas I did that AOL presale and got 10th row on the floor (aisle). i actually did a practice call to the # so i would know the menu, etc and it actually WORKED. I got our seats early

for RIT - when the tickets went on sale for Atlanta, i called and stalled with an agent until a 2nd show was announced. they didnt believe me it would happen and BAM, one popped up and even THEN, I only got 5th row (by the CFY side)

RIT Vegas - Icon presale - lower level around the curve, back of arena.

for CT - I won a contest. All my other seats were lower level - icon presale

however- in chicago we were able to buy the cheapest seat at door and then searched stubhub, etc....up until showtime to find empty seats and i ended up front row by the LAV saddle...and then got kicked out and then my friend had to beg the person in front of her for their stub to get me back in, that was fun,...

for S&S - houston icon presale (got 4 though) - still 10 rows back on floor and 7 seats down to row to the right from the catwalk. being short - IT SUCKED and I was with KAT who is a monster and she started shit trying to stand closer to the stage cause she "was madonnas biggest fan" - she threw a fucking fit and well thats a whole other story. she didnt get her way

S&S MSG - i waited till the stage was in place and I frantically started searching more seats. found 2 without even knowing for sure where on the floor and they were end of catwalk front row aisle, next to chris rock. I almost PASSED OUT when the usher took me to our seats. my husband was confused cause i lied and said we were in the lower level. which we orignally were but i unloaded those on craigslist - our CC statement was a mess. I was told I couldnt use his card again for madonna tickets hahahaha

MDNA - I got 2 lame seats, lower level from Presale - bitch cancelled my only show (i was 8 mo. prego).....I found out at dinner and I cried the whole time. then I went into stalker mode and tweeted guy like a mad-woman and with the help of MNATION and HECTOR....I was able to get TRIANGLE for the next show. I was so thankful cause my baby needed to feel the power!

Guest ditaluver

FUCK YEAH I was. and we couldnt bring in fluids. LAWD HAVE MERCY! Lady had this fat ass on her feet for so long hahahahahaha

but my baby was kickin and loving it!

It seems like it's easier to get good tickets in Europe. Me and my friends usually get GA tickets, and we've been in front of the stage every time (except that time I saw her in Amsterdam). I really love hanging with other M fans outside the venue all day, everyone is great.

In Sweden we usually use a queuing system that is pretty great. Everyone gets a number based on where you are in the queue, and that way you can leave and grab some food or whatever, and then we meet up again a few hours before. So, if you arrive first, you get in first.

Btw, a friend of mine touched Madonna's hand during LAP on the MDNA tour, and I tried to do the same, but this bitch tried to choke me because she wanted to touch Madonna, lmao

Guest bluejean

I have GOT to be at the front at the next tour. I'm going to go 3 times in 3 different countries. Australia not being one of them obviously :lol:

In the Uk, first 3 rows always, without fail become available closer to showdate. (Official) scalper returns I imagine. DWT was the only exception to this, which was just impossible due to demand.

(…)

Btw, a friend of mine touched Madonna's hand during LAP on the MDNA tour, and I tried to do the same, but this bitch tried to choke me because she wanted to touch Madonna, lmao

LOL that must have been an INTENSE moment! Any further exchanges with the choker? :swordplay:

LOL that must have been an INTENSE moment! Any further exchanges with the choker? :swordplay:

OMG I was so mad I pushed her away, lmao. She hit me right at the larynx and it hurt so much. The things people do for Madonna :madgemanson:

It seems like it's easier to get good tickets in Europe. Me and my friends usually get GA tickets, and we've been in front of the stage every time (except that time I saw her in Amsterdam). I really love hanging with other M fans outside the venue all day, everyone is great.

In Sweden we usually use a queuing system that is pretty great. Everyone gets a number based on where you are in the queue, and that way you can leave and grab some food or whatever, and then we meet up again a few hours before. So, if you arrive first, you get in first.

Which part or Sweden are you from?

Sucking dick is reserved for Artpop sales

sucking dick is reserved for high-demand concerts....artflop tickets are given for free...and still empty seats.....

It will be my first M show in 20+ years next tour and I'm flying to London to be sure I'll see her, I'm terrified I won't get a good position but I don't care, I'll take back row at this point lol and if the tour comes to Australia, I will go to every show so hopefully will score a good position at one of the Aussie shows - saving $$$$ now :)