Trove of 1980s Madonna Pop Culture Awaits Auction

XXL

30475728.jpg

Madonna and Martin Burgoyne Color SX 70 Polaroid Photograph. One-of-a-kind Polaroid photo from the early 1980s. Photo could possibly have been taken by either Andy Warhol or artist Maripol. The Polaroid is the only photograph in existence. It is a one-of-a-kind image taken without a negative. The photograph has not been printed or ever published before and was taken in the early 1980s when Madonna and Martin were roommates sharing an apartment on the Lower East Side of New York together. Both Madonna and Martin are wearing wigs most likely at a Halloween party. Image size 3" x 3". In good condition. Dry mounted and matted in a modern 12" x 12" metal frame. Estate of Martin Burgoyne.

omfg amazing

Guest Rachelle of London

Does anyone else follow Ericka Belle on Twitter. She always posts some interesting stuff or you can send her some things and she'll give you the backstory. OMG I love all this

Does anyone else follow Ericka Belle on Twitter. She always posts some interesting stuff or you can send her some things and she'll give you the backstory. OMG I love all this

Thanks for the suggestion! Just watched a Danceteria live performance of 'Everybody' because of it.

Guest Rachelle of London

Thanks for the suggestion! Just watched a Danceteria live performance of 'Everybody' because of it.

I think I'm gonna do that later.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit tacky they're selling all these things without talking to M first? I mean I know they're hardly the first people in the world to cash in from a connection with her but she and Martin were really close it just seems a little disrespectful to him if nothing else.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit tacky they're selling all these things without talking to M first? I mean I know they're hardly the first people in the world to cash in from a connection with her but she and Martin were really close

They aren't her things. She's had 30 years to reach out to them and If she wants something that bad she can certainly afford to bid.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit tacky they're selling all these things without talking to M first? I mean I know they're hardly the first people in the world to cash in from a connection with her but she and Martin were really close it just seems a little disrespectful to him if nothing else.

We don't know anything. They may have spoken. She may not want the items as she already has enough items from the time. She may want them to have the money. She may bid on some items.

I can't see the items anymore. I'd love to see them as I love the early stuff.

We don't know anything. They may have spoken. She may not want the items as she already has enough items from the time. She may want them to have the money. She may bid on some items.

I can't see the items anymore. I'd love to see them as I love the early stuff.

:thumbsup:

I don't know why the pics can't be seen anymore

I used the link from the auction website myersfineart.com

I re-uploaded them anyway on another site as they can be seen in the Madonna & Martin thread that Pud made this morning

30502241_zpsd5e87329.jpg

30502320_zpsd3853e8e.jpg

30502245_zpsb39d76c4.jpg

30502361_zps72f7d4ef.jpg

30502402_zpsf2b3ea7e.jpg

Martin's parents are 80 now and their son died almost 30 years ago, I doubt they need those objects to remember their son. And I seriously doubt they're doing this for some money. As much as I doubt Madonna is upset at all about this, whether they spoke or not, bidding or no bidding

If anything, the fact that these items are getting auctioned and the publicity that it's getting are a nice reminder to everyone where it all started for Madonna and the amazing group of people she was part of