Remembering the simple times when the EY video was considered shocking

acko

Guest bluejean

No way. Madonna was considered pure evil by my father. :lol: My sister did buy it of course.

Did she get caught masturbating with a crucifix?

EY is just one of many examples that set Madge from the pack of wannabes- they dress or act a certain way just to do it- there's no real point or thought behind it.

No real issues with the video, from what I remember- my mom liked her music (moreso the slower songs, though "Papa Don't Preach" was one of her favorites). My parents had to bring me to the mall the day Sex came out because I was not of age to purchase it.

EY is just one of many examples that set Madge from the pack of wannabes- they dress or act a certain way just to do it- there's no real point or thought behind it.

No real issues with the video, from what I remember- my mom liked her music (moreso the slower songs, though "Papa Don't Preach" was one of her favorites). My parents had to bring me to the mall the day Sex came out because I was not of age to purchase it.

I made my mother buy the Erotica CD for me while I was at school. I don't think I got it until the second day though, which was like unfucking believable. I nearly burst a blood vessel. She refused to buy me SEX though. I begged her to get it and give it to me when I turned 18, but she didn't. I don't think I even saw it until I was 20.

I did, however, get Truth or Dare on VHS when it was on sale at Sam Goody a while after it had been out. I was at the mall with my grandmother (who was oblivious to such things) and I had her buy it for me. I hid it from my parents.

I remember when Erotica came out, my mother said to me: "this is my favorite Madonna song!" and she sang: Eroti, Eroti, Eroticaaaaaa! Eroti, Eroti, Eroticaaaaaaa! :lol:

And she is almost 80 y.o now and I think that's still her favorite song...!

I feel like no girls got it. they're all doing it the typical way ... no prob with that but I hate how they compare them to Madonna and how she "started the cheap trend". Um no, the other girls cheapened it for their act.

Exactly.

Let's not even mention Xtinct in the same breath as Madonna. She didn't get it either.

I'm annoyed that people lump Madonna in with all these silly teenagers like Miley Cyrus when it comes to their attention seeking nonsense. On some level, Madonna's antics were publicity bonanzas of course, but she explored new territory, she was a true original. And even at her raunchiest, there was an element of prestige to her work.

Xtincta, Miley… it's all so cheap and infantile. And stupid. Let's not even mention the music that goes along with their stupid "sexual awakenings." Give me a break.

Exactly. Word for word.

It's fabulous! Much thanks to the Celebration DVD, cuz prior to that, I didn't know it existed.

128459_original.gif

I remember when Erotica came out, my mother said to me: "this is my favorite Madonna song!" and she sang: Eroti, Eroti, Eroticaaaaaa! Eroti, Eroti, Eroticaaaaaaa! :lol:

And she is almost 80 y.o now and I think that's still her favorite song...!

Your mom had great taste, Erotica is one of the best songs EVER :wow: :wow: :wow: