Madonna's most underrated album?

madonnasuperfan01

Well are you referring to underrated from the fans or the general public/critics because the fans may respect Erotica now but it is still ignored by the general public/critics as an important album in Madonna's catalogue. Bedtime Stories was successful upon its release both financially and critically. It sold well, had hit singles, was popular with the general public and casual listeners, won Madonna her first real Grammy and was praised by the critics. Bedtime Stories has not been underrated except by the fans.

by the fans. But it has got some great revised reviews from non-fans too. And it seems to be copied a lot.

Bedtime Stories is underrated by everyone.

^ I really don't think MDNA is going to go down that way in the long term. A couple HC-level albums in the future and you all will be looking back at MDNA with nostalgia.

Oh I like MDNA :) I guess I just meant that the "second week drop" overshadowed it, plus the weak singles. but there are a lot of good songs on it. I'm a sinner, beautiful killer, falling free, love spent, gang bang, i'm addicted.. IDGAF (especially live :p) It's a great album. :)

American Life. I love how fearless it sounds. Madonna trying to severe ties with her past, somewhat unsuccessfully, but all the more impressive. She really didn't give a fuck. A true revolution in the head.

Hard Candy is superior to MDNA already.

They're both in my bottom 5 Madonna albums, but I like MDNA slightly better. And I can already tell I'll prefer it down the line. It just feels like more "Madonna" than HC.

They're both in my bottom 5 Madonna albums, but I like MDNA slightly better. And I can already tell I'll prefer it down the line. It just feels like more "Madonna" than HC.

You only say because the sounds on Hard Candy are so related to her collaborators.

Erotica is her most underrated as it's simply brilliant. Bedtime stories wasn't a classic but it was a good album and is ignored. American Life is tripe so that is not underrated. It has some good points but it's certainly doesn't deserve worship to any extent IMHO.