The Official Misheard Madonna Lyrics Thread

Guest Lum

I'm making this because I just realized I was singing 50% of "I Deserve It" wrong. :lmao: All my life. :lmao:

I THOUGHT SHE SAID: "The sky was meant for me, and I was meant for him. The sky was dreamt for me, and I was dreamt for him (etc)"

SHE ACTUALLY SAYS: "This guy was meant for me, and I was meant for him. This guy was dreamt for me, and I was dreamt for him (etc)"

I cannot believe I did that. :lol:

POST YOURS! :)

what i thought (as a kid): what i need right now is some good pie

what she actually sings: what i need right now is some good advice

:roadrunner::s98::s98:

also in masterpiece i always thought she said "All the darkness turned to light" - but when I hear her sing it on the mdna tour, I clearly hear "white".. very strange. and i think some lyric sites got it wrong too, cuz i keep reading "light" but on tour she clearly pronounces it "white".

when i was ia child, not knowing english (lieìke i do now :huh: ) almost all the songs....even if madonna has always been almost the lone singer i could understand something when she sings...

the most problems where with Vogue....

These were all when I was a new fan, at around 13 years old, back in 1991.

Like a Prayer

Real: Let the choir sing

Me: Laugh oh quasi (WTF?? :huh::megamanson: )

La Isla Bonita

Real: La Isla Bonita

My "girlfriend" at the time: Lucky Star Bonita

Supernatural:

Real: Gonna have my fill, it gives me such a big thrill to be with...

Me: Gonna have my Bill, he gives me such a big thrill... :lol: Hey, I knew it wasn't right but that's what it sounded like so I went with it

Gambler:

Real: I'm aim it straight between your eyes

Me: I'll even spit between your eyes :lmao:

Material Girl: instead of "if they don't give me proper credit..." I thought she sang "if they don't give me lots of bubbles..."

:shy:

I have been listening to various M recently, and my new flatmate heard the whispers on Human Nature as "risk assessment risk assessment", and the chorus to Erotica as "Bill Oddie Bill Oddie put your hands all over my body"

Bill Oddie, in case you don't know, presents nature documentaries in the UK

Capture+Bill+Oddie.JPG

More - I thought she was singing "Except..aaaah, aaaah, aaaah".

Should be: "Except...all, all, all....".

Edited by WeboGirl

also in masterpiece i always thought she said "All the darkness turned to light" - but when I hear her sing it on the mdna tour, I clearly hear "white".. very strange. and i think some lyric sites got it wrong too, cuz i keep reading "light" but on tour she clearly pronounces it "white".

But she really says Light! or that's what my ears hear.

And i have lots of misheard lyrics, let me remember the most common.

But she really says Light! or that's what my ears hear.

And i have lots of misheard lyrics, let me remember the most common.

whatever she says it's a really stupid lyrical misstep, one of a handful in that song, that could have been easily remedied.