"She was charming and respectful but looked very lonely"

XXL

This is a 2009 Daily Mail interview to Sophia Loren in which Miss Scicolone recalls the day she met Madge

article-0-06D0E1CB000005DC-356_468x286.j

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1225278/Sophia-Loren--I-don-t-know-I-want-I-grow-up.html

She clearly enjoys male attention, her face lighting up when I mention Tom Hanks’s quote about meeting her: ‘I didn’t even say “Hello”. I said, “Miss Loren, you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.’’’

‘I love him, he is such a nice person. That incident happened in Germany at an awards ceremony a couple of years ago. I was on stage and he was sitting in the first row, and when he saw me he came up and knelt by me and kissed me as if I was the Madonna…’ she remembers. ‘Not Madonna,’ she adds, just to clarify things.

As a genuine icon in a world where the word has become somewhat devalued, what does she think of Madonna, and today’s obsession with global stardom?

‘I only met her once, at a premiere. I was waiting outside with a group of people, surrounded by photographers, and she was walking towards us. I said, “Madonna, come here,” because she looked so alone, and we were photographed together

She was charming and very respectful to me, but you know, she looked very lonely.’ The experience of being in the glare of intrusive paparazzi cameras has made Sophia sympathetic to victims of our celebrity culture as well as very protective of her own privacy

article-0-06C33DAE000005DC-248_468x286.j

article-0-06E7CC8D000005DC-780_468x355.j

sophia_loren_madonna_feb08misc09.jpg

tom-ford-con-sophia-loren-a-los-angeles.

I love Sophia Loren and she's GORGEOUS.. She really has that one of a kind, "iconic" beauty.

But.. well, maybe it's just me being too defensive and reading too much into nothing, but I find that statement of her inviting Madonna over coz Madonna looked so alone rather patronising. Like what, she gave Madonna shelter? Bitch PLEASE. LOL

I love Sophia Loren and she's GORGEOUS.. She really has that one of a kind, "iconic" beauty.

But.. well, maybe it's just me being too defensive and reading too much into nothing, but I find that statement of her inviting over Madonna coz Madonna looked so alone rather patronising. What, she gave Madonna comforting reassurance? Like, Bitch PLEASE. LOL

Sandz, you are totally entitled to your opinion but I do think you are reading too much into this. I have seen Sophia being interviewed several times and she always comes across as a warm, lovely woman. I really doubt that she meant to be patronizing. I read it as her showing some compassion for a fellow superstar.

Sandz, you are totally entitled to your opinion but I do think you are reading too much into this. I have seen Sophia being interviewed several times and she always comes across as a warm, lovely woman. I really doubt that she meant to be patronizing. I read it as her showing some compassion for a fellow superstar.

I guess I was.. I was just pissed off at something as I read that piece :chuckle:

That was during her Bedtime Stories era, right? Yeah. She was probably really lonely during that time. There was this interview I read here a while ago, which was during her BS era. You could see that she was broken inside. Erotica really was a tough time for her...I think during this time, 1994-1997 she was looking for herself, trying to find out who she really was. Eventually Lola came into her life and gave her the love she needed.