2000 Canadian Much Music Interview w/ Sook-Yin Lee

CMoody

I can't recall ever seeing this before. I always think that I have seen everything, but every now and again I stumble across some little interview gem such as this. Nothing extraordinary, but interesting nonetheless, the interviewer has a good vibe going with Queen M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VWlGrPSjRM

The impersonator was a bit annoying, but she certainy has studied M's interview characteristics.

Oh, I hadn't seen this either! But the interviewer is in two John Cameron Mitchell films -- Hedwig & the Angry Inch and Shortbus!

Madonna's hair looks the same as the interview for CNN (WorldBeat?) around this time, different outfit ... but I guess that's not a surprise. The set-up made it very clear this was a junket situation.

^ Oh, I know ... when they started discussing that, I thought immediately of the thread in the Lounge while she was thinking. And then when she answered, I thought, "Wow, that's sobering..." Because if she STILL believes that, then ... well, she'll just have a lot of people in her life from whom she's meant to learn.

Which sounds all wonderful and positive, but it also doesn't really speak to the sadness of believing that there's only one soulmate, and she's already "spent it" (or, found it and lost it -- however you want to word that). :sad:

Yeah, this interview was peculiar!! Her face before she realizes she's "on" -- she didn't look happy. But she seemed light-hearted in spots, was more generous with her responses than she sometimes is (not monosyllabic answers), but yet slightly irritated or dismissive but with a smile on. So confusing! Madonna is such a beguiling creature sometimes! Haha!

Oh, I hadn't seen this either! But the interviewer is in two John Cameron Mitchell films -- Hedwig & the Angry Inch and Shortbus!

Madonna's hair looks the same as the interview for CNN (WorldBeat?) around this time, different outfit ... but I guess that's not a surprise. The set-up made it very clear this was a junket situation.

She wasn't in Hedwig. I love Sook. She has a song I love. "Beautiful Day."

Guest bluejean

"Don't ask her about the past" :lol:

That impersonator sure knows what she's talking about. Although her attempt at answering Madonna's questions was woeful. Madonna wouldn't say any of those things she said.

^ She's credited as being in Hedwig. In the scene where Hedwig is singing "Wicked Little Town" perhaps?

OMG yes! I never knew it was her! She was playing guitar! She was Kwan...when he's like, "give it up Kwan!" Lol :omg: I love her!

OMG yes! I never knew it was her! She was playing guitar! She was Kwan...when he's like, "give it up Kwan!" Lol :omg: I love her!

:)

Yeah, my friend pointed that out to me... Glad I could pass that along! (We love to quote that line, too ... "Give it up, Kwan Yi ... Give it up!")

Also: side note, I love that song. So pretty, and so sad.

:)

Yeah, my friend pointed that out to me... Glad I could pass that along! (We love to quote that line, too ... "Give it up, Kwan Yi ... Give it up!")

Also: side note, I love that song. So pretty, and so sad.

Omg me too! That scene is hilarious & "that song was by an up and coming Kurt Cobain, that kids got a future!" Lmfao. I can't with Hedwig. Hedwig&Shortbus are two of my most loved films

Thanks I've never seen it before either. The interviewer was a little bit annoying with some of her questions. I thought Madonna handled it well. I would have got more annoyed!